Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Hope neither of them stay, lets not just pretend this is about money. When everyone goes on about a clear-out is needed it should start from the top! Only the Academy staff are safe, for me.

That's what should happen, the Arabs will want there own people in anyway. That's the way they usually work 

I'm amazed that there isn't a batch of stories about us in the Sunday papers today. 

New owner the richest man ever/doesn't have two ha'pennies. Cocu sacked/backed. Takeover on/off. Rooney the new manager. Appeal lost and 6 points deducted. New manager is a medium being assisted by Brian Clough's ghost, that sort of thing.

46 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I don’t get why it matters how rich they are. With FFP, they can’t just go off and buy messi even if they could afford him. 

Well they can, as long as we get promoted. EFL can't touch us when we're in the premier League.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

Well they can, as long as we get promoted. EFL can't touch us when we're in the premier League.

It would be the proverbial poo or bust though. I think we toyed with that strategy once before and screwed ourselves. Took Nigel years to get us out of a big hole.

52 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

You have to submit your financial forecasts for year 3 early in the New Year, that gives the EFL a chance to punish clubs overspend before the end of the season. 

They could quite easily stop anyone breaking the rules being promoted.

1 minute ago, reverendo de duivel said:

You have to submit your financial forecasts for year 3 early in the New Year, that gives the EFL a chance to punish clubs overspend before the end of the season. 

They could quite easily stop anyone breaking the rules being promoted.

So does that mean with some of our suggested recruitment options for sacking Cocu and bringing in experienced management (because "we can't afford not to") might mean we get docked another 10 points or so? I'm not sure I'd be confident of avoiding relegation if we're 16 points off the drop.

7 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

So does that mean with some of our suggested recruitment options for sacking Cocu and bringing in experienced management (because "we can't afford not to") might mean we get docked another 10 points or so? I'm not sure I'd be confident of avoiding relegation if we're 16 points off the drop.

When we get rid of Phillip, the replacement will be cheap.

I'd assume he'll be placed on gardening leave until he finds new employment or his contract runs out.

Billy was still taking his salary from Forest 4+ years after his sacking.

Another consideration will be Chris and Twan.

I'm sure Cocu is as gutted as anyone with how it's gone, and maybe he could walk away without a payoff, but he's bought those two with him.

They'll be on nothing like his wages, and probably have nothing like his safety net financially, so he'll have to make sure they're ok too.

Just now, reverendo de duivel said:

When we get rid of Phillip, the replacement will be cheap.

I'd assume he'll be placed on gardening leave until he finds new employment or his contract runs out.

Billy was still taking his salary from Forest 4+ years after his sacking.

Some of the names I've read mentioned won't be cheap. Big Sam? Jokanovic?

Even Mac 3 won't be peanuts.

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

I'm amazed that there isn't a batch of stories about us in the Sunday papers today. 

New owner the richest man ever/doesn't have two ha'pennies. Cocu sacked/backed. Takeover on/off. Rooney the new manager. Appeal lost and 6 points deducted. New manager is a medium being assisted by Brian Clough's ghost, that sort of thing.

Thought there'd be more too (or at least something) but Wayne Rooney's Derby County apparently just aren't that newsworthy.

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Some of the names I've read mentioned won't be cheap. Big Sam? Jokanovic?

Even Mac 3 won't be peanuts.

Fwiw I think it'll be Rooney. 

It might not even be a disaster, especially if it keeps him off the pitch.

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Fwiw I think it'll be Rooney. 

It might not even be a disaster, especially if it keeps him off the pitch.

The only way Rooney works is if we get someone like Mac in to back him up, someone who prem managers would be happy to send their youngsters to.

As much as I'm opposed to Rooney, it makes perfect sense to put him in til the end of the season, hope to God he saves us and then the new owner decides to stick or twist.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The only way Rooney works is if we get someone like Mac in to back him up, someone who prem managers would be happy to send their youngsters to.

As much as I'm opposed to Rooney, it makes perfect sense to put him in til the end of the season, hope to God he saves us and then the new owner decides to stick or twist.

In what way does it make perfect sense to put a novice in charge at this stage .... it might work but its much more likely not to. There is quite a list of Man utd 'greats' who have failed in management.

16 minutes ago, DRBee said:

In what way does it make perfect sense to put a novice in charge at this stage .... it might work but its much more likely not to. There is quite a list of Man utd 'greats' who have failed in management.

Finance and purely finance.

We are skint, absolutely skint as a club, Cocu would have been sacked before the Barnsley game if not.

If the owner comes in with money and is willing to pay Cocus fee to see him gone and then pay for a new high profile manager then it's a yes from me.

Depends how deep his pockets are, the bloke stands to spend circa 5 million hiring and firing on day 1 of the job.

4 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I don’t get why it matters how rich they are. With FFP, they can’t just go off and buy messi even if they could afford him. 

I think they  have thought about this well before the are willing to take the club on and been planning for the future so i think we will see a big change in the playing and the management staff  and i can see one or two coming in from man city on loan 

Archived