Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Why would an alleged billionaire want to buy an unfashionable football club located in the middle of England?

If something seems too good to be true, it usually is.

Having tried to buy L'pool, Newc, maybe he is interested in investing in football,Just a guess ? Then was told of our illustrious history, amazing fans, he listened and thought ....Fook that!

Then someone pointed out the fun/irony....Abu Derby,  and it made him laugh, when u have 150billion behind u sometimes its the little things in life ?

1 hour ago, DerbyPride said:

Getting excited by this. Pickering was the first real chairman/owner I experienced as a Derby supporter. Since then apart from the three amigos they have all been good in different ways. Financial stability with the Americans and a top class academy and some real excitement and optimism when Mel was splashing his cash. Although we never reached the premier league with Mel there were plenty of play off excitement under him. I’m now excited to see what this new ownership brings, if it all goes through that is. 

All the FFP talk & ways round it. Can he not just ask his cousin over in Manchester to loan us a couple of players for no wages & fees. Better still get one off city group clubs to loan our youngsters that wont feature in the first team & pay a fee for the loan. 

Sponsor the first team shirts or stadium with his own company. Buy the club & stadium off mel then sell the stadium to another company ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, Asheville Ram said:

Why would an alleged billionaire want to buy an unfashionable football club located in the middle of England?

If something seems too good to be true, it usually is.

Why not? Good support, great ground which could be extended, up there near promotion in the last few years, fantastic academy and owner looking for investment/takeover

I think it’s reasonable to suggest that anyone planning to buy the club might be watching the game tonight, to check on the ‘product’.

Given how bang average we look and the lack of any discernible game plan, maybe nice guy Cocu is helping to drive the investors away.

I mean, who wants to spend £100 million on a team that looks destined for the 3rd tier of English football.

Keep it up agent Cocu ?

2 hours ago, nfb said:

Having tried to buy L'pool, Newc, maybe he is interested in investing in football,Just a guess ? Then was told of our illustrious history, amazing fans, he listened and thought ....Fook that!

Then someone pointed out the fun/irony....Abu Derby,  and it made him laugh, when u have 150billion behind u sometimes its the little things in life ?

And when asked to produce proof of funds could not, money talks BS walks

Archived