Abu Derby County

tinman

35 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

I would like to ask 2 rhetorical questions. I am not sitting in judgement of anyone and I certainly would not want to get into an argument with anyone. If you have strong reservations about the Abu Dhabi takeover on issues of human rights but if it goes ahead and Derby end up in the top half of the Premiership would you then celebrate the success? And now the interesting part of the question would this then make you( choose which apply loyal, fickle, flexible, hypocritical, strong minded, weak minded or something else. Don't bother replying I can't be doing with sarcastic comments and hate emojis. 

????‍♂️?????

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

I would like to ask 2 rhetorical questions. I am not sitting in judgement of anyone and I certainly would not want to get into an argument with anyone. If you have strong reservations about the Abu Dhabi takeover on issues of human rights but if it goes ahead and Derby end up in the top half of the Premiership would you then celebrate the success? And now the interesting part of the question would this then make you( choose which apply loyal, fickle, flexible, hypocritical, strong minded, weak minded or something else. Don't bother replying I can't be doing with sarcastic comments and hate emojis. 

It’s a good post especially when you consider we’ve had 49 pages dedicated to a takeover that hasn’t happened yet. 
If the word fickle applies to anything it’s a football fan.

Is it just me? Or was there the original tweet from John Percy (who is clearly getting his information from someone very close to the club) and since then nothing else? Lots of regurgitated stories and reheating of the same facts ...but actually no new information? 

Don't think it's even made Sky Sports News? The only thing giving it any credence is that Rams fans know JP is normally right. 

23 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Quite. I posted earlier about some posters who oppose such a takeover but who happily buy their petrol. The United Arab Emirates is one of the UK's most important trading partners and one of the fastest growing markets for UK exports. Last year exports to the UAE from the UK totalled more than £10.5 billion and we had a trade surplus of more than £4 billion . So what do you do if you are uncomfortable trading with a country whose culture and beliefs you don’t agree with. Have no further dealings with them and face a huge financial hit and put thousands of people out of work here. 

(and for those pedantic posters who might come back and say that I posed questions with no question marks, question marks aren’t required for rhetorical questions)

It's all madness mate the worlds going nuts.one of these days honesty will be illegal.

21 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Is it just me? Or was there the original tweet from John Percy (who is clearly getting his information from someone very close to the club) and since then nothing else?

Which came first the article in The Athletic or the Percy tweet?

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

Quite. I posted earlier about some posters who oppose such a takeover but who happily buy their petrol. The United Arab Emirates is one of the UK's most important trading partners and one of the fastest growing markets for UK exports. Last year exports to the UAE from the UK totalled more than £10.5 billion and we had a trade surplus of more than £4 billion . So what do you do if you are uncomfortable trading with a country whose culture and beliefs you don’t agree with. Have no further dealings with them and face a huge financial hit and put thousands of people out of work here. 

(and for those pedantic posters who might come back and say that I posed questions with no question marks, question marks aren’t required for rhetorical questions)

You raise a fantastic point. Who's petrol do you recommend instead? 

35 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Aside from buying a business that is costing him millions and millions each month...?

Very good. Obviously an investment ruled by heart rather than head, but I’d have done the same with his resources. In his “ normal “ business life the boy is gifted.

There’s no more news because it’s the weekend. Things like this are not concluded at the weekend.

Something is definitely happening. Mel said as much to Ed Dawes by saying we this speculation is something to take notice of and talked about moving the club forward. Ed talked about it pre-match yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Is it just me? Or was there the original tweet from John Percy (who is clearly getting his information from someone very close to the club) and since then nothing else? Lots of regurgitated stories and reheating of the same facts ...but actually no new information? 

Don't think it's even made Sky Sports News? The only thing giving it any credence is that Rams fans know JP is normally right. 

It’s Sunday, most people have the day off Sunday. Ed Dawes has spoke to Mel Morris and he said it was very genuine.

29 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Is it?

I wouldn’t be so sure about that, I’ve worked in the oil industry since ‘95 and that is not my experience 

Its on the government website and all over the rest of the internet. Norway the largest single supplier by a long way for both gas and oil.

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Its on the government website and all over the rest of the internet. Norway the largest single supplier by a long way for both gas and oil.

I live in Sweden, and they are still bitter they gave Norway the bit with all the oil ? the oil in Norway is state owned.

Archived