The World's Saddest Man?

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/10/2020 at 18:18, David said:

I’m not sad. Today is a glorious day.

My S7 is three today, still works and still has all sorts of stuff on it I have never used. So I'm happy

But for future reference how do you persuade "she who must be obeyed"  to let you spent a grand or more on a phone that pretends to be a cheap camera?

??

4 hours ago, Coconut said:

I've made my own extravagant tech purchase

https://www.t3.com/reviews/lg-cx-review-oled-4k-tv

I don't know if this makes me sad though? It's not like I'll be buying a new one every year.

3 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Welcome to the LG OLED club. I absolutely love mine, had it 3 years, best TV ever.

I had the 55" B series at end of 2016. Was a beautiful TV, but I got screenburn, oddly enough from the Yellow ticker on Sky Sports news. Had to take it back to Currys, ended up gettting a replacement and picked the Sony OLED instead. LG had some great features, certainly the inbuilt browser was better than the Sony one. I could watch RamsTV friendlies directly on it. The picture in picture and split screen were better.

8 hours ago, FindernRam said:

My S7 is three today, still works and still has all sorts of stuff on it I have never used. So I'm happy

But for future reference how do you persuade "she who must be obeyed"  to let you spent a grand or more on a phone that pretends to be a cheap camera?

??

I actually got a decent deal by O2 last year where the 11 Pro was free, £40 unlimited everything. I had to pay £550 to upgrade early to the 12, and can sell my 11 Pro for £600 ish 

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I had the 55" B series at end of 2016. Was a beautiful TV, but I got screenburn, oddly enough from the Yellow ticker on Sky Sports news. Had to take it back to Currys, ended up gettting a replacement and picked the Sony OLED instead. LG had some great features, certainly the inbuilt browser was better than the Sony one. I could watch RamsTV friendlies directly on it. The picture in picture and split screen were better.

Not had any issues with my 2017 model.  LG provide the OLED panels to all manufacturers anyway so maybe you were unlucky and got a dodgy one. 

3 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Sweet! Not called Del Boy are you!

My name isn’t Dave either!

It’s one of those things, Apple devices in good condition hold their value well, cycle the phone each year doesn’t end up costing you anything or much at all.

You just have to stomach that initial cost, which admittedly isn’t easy to do. 

If I stuck with the phone for say 3 years, the value drops off a cliff as things like battery health comes into consideration and if I wanted a latest device I would have to cough up big again.

7 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Welcome to the LG OLED club. I absolutely love mine, had it 3 years, best TV ever.

It wasn't sad, but...

I've spent most of the day watching reviews to confirm what I already know. Now you've made it sound like there's some sort of club membership and.... it might have become a little sad? ?

7 hours ago, maxjam said:

My wife would like to thank you for adding around £2k to my already expensive Christmas list ?

Originally I had in mind I'd be able to get what I wanted for about £700, £800, and settle for not having every feature. That quickly turned into £1100, which then went up... bought it because I needed a new TV to make the most of the PS5 also on order!

It was this or the Samsung with most of the features, but as it was Samsung it had no Dolby vision HDR support so...

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

30 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Not had any issues with my 2017 model.  LG provide the OLED panels to all manufacturers anyway so maybe you were unlucky and got a dodgy one. 

Yeah this is the only thing that's worrying me, it's easy to get carried away and think you're going to have problems though and probably with normal use it'll be ok.

Definitely something to be aware of, but since 2018 they've also included a few little software features which should help to lessen the chance of anything going wrong.

Being delivered tomorrow.

49 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

6 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Yeah this is the only thing that's worrying me, it's easy to get carried away and think you're going to have problems though and probably with normal use it'll be ok.

Definitely something to be aware of, but since 2018 they've also included a few little software features which should help to lessen the chance of anything going wrong.

Being delivered tomorrow.

I had the very first model, paid about £2300 for it. They ironed out this issue since then. I just picked the Sony cos of the frequency/fluidity of a moving golf ball or football when had a demo.

I wouldn't worry about screenburn now. But even still, mine was replaced for free as I was paying Currys £6 a month for Whatever Happens.

Archived