See why PSV fans wanted him gone now.

Ramfan1958

4 hours ago, rammieib said:

Don’t you think we’ve walked into a mentality where we quote about being a better side based on endeavour and commitment but without attacking threat, opportunities or goals.

Thats how I think Cocu thinks and talks now.

Both teams were awful, no team deserved to win and both teams blunted each other out. A good manager could have adopted tactics to win that game because Watford were dreadful.

Yes, a very interesting point. A few games ago I was saying he was coming across as Phil Brown 'all stay in the centre circle at half-time' and 'needing men out there'.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Imagine paying £500 for a season ticket and watching this crap tell me how many goals have we scored at home this season ? how many shots on target this season ? The players are being coached to keep possesion and pass backwards and don't lose the ball it's shocking to watch. 

If the fans had been at Pride Park this season they would have let Cocu know in no uncertain terms what they thought of these performances. 

Get Rid . 

I'm beginning to despise fans like you. Absolutely no sense of perspective but quite happy to make sweeping statements regardless. We started with 5 attackers and 5 midfielders yesterday because 0/4 of our first choice attackers were fit.

Sky screwed us with Jozwiak, if we played today, he'd probably have been okay to play, but because Sky get to move games to Fridays he wasn't ready with only a days rest. Waghorn not quite fit and Lawrence only fit enough for the bench but looked class when he came on. Then Ibe will take a few more weeks to be prepared.

I thought the signs were promising last night, we more than matched a recently-relegated Watford side and had Holmes and Lawrence been more clinical, we could have won the match. It took a screamer to beat us (their only shot on target) and I thought we were solid again defensively.

Cocu put out the best XI he could and all the subs made an impact when they came on. Also, Lee Buchanan was my MotM and he wouldn't be anywhere near the side without Cocu, evidencing the main positive Cocu has brought to the club: youth progression. We've progressed massively as a club in the past year or so with everything but results and the performances are telling me this will change soon as well, and when they do, Cocu will deserve a massive pat on the back.

17 hours ago, Ramfan1958 said:

2 winning titles and I said  PSV fans wanted him gone Why because is football tactics are absolutely boring and negative . 

I got slaughtered saying my work frinds in Holland said Cocu is crap. 

Apologies accepted. 

Cocu OUT OUT 

Who wanted him gone ? Don’t think they did 

17 hours ago, Ramfan1958 said:

2 winning titles and I said  PSV fans wanted him gone Why because is football tactics are absolutely boring and negative . 

I got slaughtered saying my work frinds in Holland said Cocu is crap. 

Apologies accepted. 

Cocu OUT OUT 

No 

39 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

I'm beginning to despise fans like you. Absolutely no sense of perspective but quite happy to make sweeping statements regardless. We started with 5 attackers and 5 midfielders yesterday because 0/4 of our first choice attackers were fit.

Sky screwed us with Jozwiak, if we played today, he'd probably have been okay to play, but because Sky get to move games to Fridays he wasn't ready with only a days rest. Waghorn not quite fit and Lawrence only fit enough for the bench but looked class when he came on. Then Ibe will take a few more weeks to be prepared.

I thought the signs were promising last night, we more than matched a recently-relegated Watford side and had Holmes and Lawrence been more clinical, we could have won the match. It took a screamer to beat us (their only shot on target) and I thought we were solid again defensively.

Cocu put out the best XI he could and all the subs made an impact when they came on. Also, Lee Buchanan was my MotM and he wouldn't be anywhere near the side without Cocu, evidencing the main positive Cocu has brought to the club: youth progression. We've progressed massively as a club in the past year or so with everything but results and the performances are telling me this will change soon as well, and when they do, Cocu will deserve a massive pat on the back.

Do you honestly think that was Watfords first team ? 

Its the tactics I don't like I've not called one player for playing poor .

We were lucky to get 3 points at Norwich , Blackburn thrashed us , last 10 games is it 8 losses not 100% sure but it's not good.

In my opinion the tactics are boring we pass square and backwards no forward passing , look at shots on goals ?, look at how many players we had in there box when we attacked it's so negative so boring this isn't the football i expect .

4 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

We were lucky to get 3 points at Norwich , Blackburn thrashed us , last 10 games is it 8 losses not 100% sure but it's not good.

In my opinion the tactics are boring we pass square and backwards no forward passing , look at shots on goals ?, look at how many players we had in there box when we attacked it's so negative so boring this isn't the football i expect .

Cocu has said that isn't how we wants us to play. I've literally just explained the mitigating factors to you as to why we can't attack at full effectiveness (not having any fit attackers being pretty unhelpful) and you still can't grasp it. Wait until we have a full strength side, or at least something resembling it before you make assertions on his managerial quality

4 hours ago, Chellaston Ram said:

I can’t believe in his interview he said we played well, nobody deserved more than 6 out of 10, did he watch a different game ?

Buchanan was a 7 for me, thought he did very well. Shinnie also a 7, combative and battled well in the middle. Also thought Lawrence made a real impact when he came on

We did play well, especially to say we had 0 fit attackers, we got forward a lot more than i expected. If it takes an absolute screamer for a newly-relegated team to beat us, then it should be interesting to see how we are with Jozwiak, Ibe & Lawrence all in the same side together

4 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

We did play well, especially to say we had 0 fit attackers, we got forward a lot more than i expected.

We had Rooney and Whittaker and Trialist! Got forward a lot more than not at all I suppose! ? Or down to the fact we chose to play 5 at the back and 2 cdms. Did we REALLY have to be so negative?

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We had Rooney and Whittaker and Trialist! Got forward a lot more than not at all I suppose! ? Or down to the fact we chose to play 5 at the back and 2 cdms. Did we REALLY have to be so negative?

Making us hard to beat, hopefully scrape a few points waiting for the strike force to get fit.

38 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

2 of the younger prospects that are generally seen as not quite ready and Rooney who has played more as a midfielder... I think my point still stands. 

We look a lot more solid with 5 at the back. It allows Byrne and Buchanan to get forward more and we can now actually defend crosses into the box- I don't think we should take for granted just how much better we've been defensively in the last 2 games. Didn't think Evans had the best game and would have Wisdom in that slot next time but I'd definitely stick with 5 at the back for now.

Shinnie and Knight as a midfield 2 is perfect for this division. Constant running, both like a tackle and showed some neat passing last night and good progressive runs when needed. 

Lawrence, Jozwiak and Rooney the front 3 for me until Waghorn is fit.

Think that XI has the potential to be top 6 quality if we hit form, and can always switch back to 4231 once we're confident?

5 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

It allows Byrne and Buchanan to get forward more and we can now actually defend crosses into the box-

Yeah, but they didn't really look a good team and play with much width, taking nothing away from us of course. How much did Buchanan & Byrne create?

1 hour ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Do you honestly think that was Derby’s first team??  Jozwiak, Bielik, Waghorn, Ibe, Lawrence, Sibley - would none of these make it into your team when fully fit and available?

2 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

We've progressed massively as a club in the past year or so with everything but results and the performances are telling me this will change soon as well, and when they do, Cocu will deserve a massive pat on the back.

Cowpat ? sorry couldn't resist 

Really bored of this narrative that 5 at the back = defensive which in itself is untrue but also speaks volumes about the mentality of the person making the point. 

At Norwich I would have considered it a defensive, needs must move. Yesterday Buchanan and Byrne were very offensive, and Clarke and at times Evans were popping up in attacking positions as well. The centre Mids were both “holders” in a sense but Shinnie isn’t really. Not like we had many options because Knight was further forward because Whittaker is our only fit winger and is being blooded slowly. 

Think it just comes back to people seeing the team sheet and making their mind up there and then. I’ve even seen someone say it was defensive because the wing backs took our throw ins and not the wide centre backs. If you didn’t laugh you’d cry.

Archived