REMEMBERING REG: BUST CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN FOR REG HARRISON

loweman2

1 hour ago, OohMartWright said:

Just popped in £20 to take it to £6,000. Looking good to make the target of £8,000.

yes plus we have got the bids on graig brysons shirt currently at £1,200, two other shirts belonging to members at around £400 sibbos boots at £600 and curtis's shirt at £650 so far, its come together nicely with all of the fantastic donations and pledges from the great british public, really shows what can be done with a common cause, even Tim Hinchey III has been in contact and is sending over his club blazer made by Hugo Boss, hopefully lots more stuff to come.

Local artist Steven McLoughlin has given us three of his brilliant prints that he did of the Baseball Ground two of them are the well trodden routes to the ground and one is a view from the pop side, to make them truly unique he is also getting each one signed by Kevin Hector, a great gesture. You can bid on them here 

On 07/11/2020 at 10:13, loweman2 said:

Local artist Steven McLoughlin has given us three of his brilliant prints that he did of the Baseball Ground two of them are the well trodden routes to the ground and one is a view from the pop side, to make them truly unique he is also getting each one signed by Kevin Hector, a great gesture. You can bid on them here 

How do us non tweeters bid Phil ? 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Spelling

1 hour ago, Stockport Ram said:

A fantastic and heart warming effort by all concerned. 

I tweeted similar to Sir Craig Bryson, but wonder if he didn't miss a trick.

I'm convinced that he would have raised more by raffling the shirt for, say £5 or £10 a ticket, thus making it effectively possible for all Rams of varying financial position to own such a coveted item.

Arranging such a raffle via  reputable channels (eg Radio Derby) with a transparent draw, say on Sportscene with Sir Craig on video link, would also have boosted publicity.

Nonetheless, as I say, typical of the  man's love for the club. 

Craig worked very hard for us behind the scenes he had training and match days and of course family life, he was in contact every day and did the sorting out and arranging payment and then posting off, not to mention giving up one of the few shirts of sentimental value to him, going forward we as a group will be looking at getting players and ex players more involved with the fans, this has been a great success, the club have not announced anything themselves to remember Reg, and we did it for grass roots football, to be honest the response to the crowd fund was very slow and disappointing initially with lots of people questioning our reasoning rather than supporting the cause, it wasnt until Frank got involved, somebody who wasn’t local and had only spent a year in our company, once this virus is out of the way we will be doing a lot of stuff so keep an eye out, we have some big plans for next year being the 75th anniversary of the FA cup team ! Up the rams !

A fantastic and heart warming effort by all concerned. 

I tweeted similar to Sir Craig Bryson, but wonder if he didn't miss a trick.

I'm convinced that he would have raised more by raffling the shirt for, say £5 or £10 a ticket, thus making it effectively possible for all Rams of varying financial position to own such a coveted item.

Arranging such a raffle via  reputable channels (eg Radio Derby) with a transparent draw, say on Sportscene with Sir Craig on video link, would also have boosted publicity.

Nonetheless, as I say, typical of the  man's love for the club. 

You make a good point, Stockport Ram, not against Craig Bryson, but against the general way that these type of auctions go that actually exclude ordinary fans from participating every time. 

I think Derby County Community Trust recently did a raffle of one of the pink shirts, but other than that, it's usually the closed shop of the usual suspects who can afford to part with their money. 

Sorry, this is off topic for this thread, and I am very pleased that the people who can afford to donate are now doing so.

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

You make a good point, Stockport Ram, not against Craig Bryson, but against the general way that these type of auctions go that actually exclude ordinary fans from participating every time. 

I think Derby County Community Trust recently did a raffle of one of the pink shirts, but other than that, it's usually the closed shop of the usual suspects who can afford to part with their money. 

Sorry, this is off topic for this thread, and I am very pleased that the people who can afford to donate are now doing so.

Going forward we shall do this then, obviously the key point is to raise funds for the chosen charity or event, so it’s important to gauge what the “ordinary “ fan would be willing to donate with a low percentage chance of winning, in this case the winning bid was £1,200 so that would be 1200 x £1 or 600 x £2, or 120 x £10 I’m not sure that given the initial response that we would have raised these funds, it has taken a lot of time and effort to put this together, we are of course just ordinary fans who have elected to volunteer our time to do something positive to protect the heritage and history of our club and our players.

we are incredibly thankful to everybody who donated not just for the items that the players provided but all of those who gave £5 & £10 for the project on behalf of those people who couldn’t afford to donate towards it or who had a problem with the location or the fact it was to support grass roots football or located near to regs home and family, there was a lot of positivity generated.

Hopefully we can build on this as a charity trust going forward and garner further support for our next community project.

up the rams

47 minutes ago, angieram said:

yes I know it is very frustrating that a couple seem to hoover everything up irrespective of the fact that they have tons of merchandise that most of would love to have just a single item.  the power of money

Edited by Spanish

14 minutes ago, Spanish said:

yes I know it is very frustrating that a couple seem to hoover everything up irrespective of the fact that they have tons of merchandise that most of would love to have just a single item.  the power of money

I must just point out that that the items put up to raise the funds apart from the players were provided by the generous donations of the shirt collecting community, the winners of all auctions where not known to any of the trustees of the Rams Heritage trust previously.

19 minutes ago, Spanish said:

@Spanishpm me with a budget and I will find you a piece of memorabilia, there is a ton of stuff out there that people are chucking out all the time, our trust is all about preserving these items for future generations of rams fans, it takes a lot of time and dedication and of course money to do this, but it’s not all about the expensive items, if nobody does this then we have nothing to show for our past, don’t trust the club they don’t own or preserve hardly anything other than what is in the cabinet in reception, if you wish to volunteer to join the trust then you will be welcomed, you don’t need money just time to give.

14 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

@Spanishpm me with a budget and I will find you a piece of memorabilia, there is a ton of stuff out there that people are chucking out all the time, our trust is all about preserving these items for future generations of rams fans, it takes a lot of time and dedication and of course money to do this, but it’s not all about the expensive items, if nobody does this then we have nothing to show for our past, don’t trust the club they don’t own or preserve hardly anything other than what is in the cabinet in reception, if you wish to volunteer to join the trust then you will be welcomed, you don’t need money just time to give.

I am looking for a match worn shirt with a few sigs on it, I pick up bits and bobs when they come along mostly like you say to stop them being lost.  Usually bid something on the low side so if there is a desperate collector they can have it, if not I sort of protect it.  Lock down has made some of it more difficult because the auction houses don't always like foreign addresses

15 minutes ago, Boycie said:

A shirt raffle for a rare item must be a collectors worse nightmare.  No control over if they can buy it other than the luck of the draw.

its normally done privately between serious collectors of anything or of course auction houses.

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

I am looking for a match worn shirt with a few sigs on it, I pick up bits and bobs when they come along mostly like you say to stop them being lost.  Usually bid something on the low side so if there is a desperate collector they can have it, if not I sort of protect it.  Lock down has made some of it more difficult because the auction houses don't always like foreign addresses

ive messaged you over about a couple of shirts that may be of intrest from private sellers

This thread appears to be moving away from what it is intended for into something a little more toxic so from now on i will just provide updates to the values, if anybody wishes to PM me about Remebering Reg or maybe the Rams Heritage Trust then please feel free.

A big thank you to all of the people who contributed anything towards the crowd fund, it was all about the people of Derby raising the fundsfor a lasting memorial to Reg and his work for grass roots football in Derby and the clubs that he set up, it was a bit ambitious but i am very pleased to say that we have managed it and passed our target of £8,000, only a small part of that was raised by auction, the rest by gift.

Apologies loweman2, I had absolutely no intention of offending anyone - least of all any donors or your good selves who have invested an incredible amount of time and effort to get this up and running.

I've nothing but admiration for your efforts - It was merely a thought. Watching and reading about those who gave given and supported, including ex Rams and local folk, makes me smile and remember why DCFC fans are the best fans in the world. 

No offence taken mate and comments taken on board and relayed to the other trustees, just didn’t want the post to go the way of so many others on here and distract from the message ??