U23 v Leicester

Rambalin

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

Have to agree that Ebosele has been awesome. Does all the basics so well with no nonsense and is blisteringly quick.

What impressed me was his range of passing with BOTH feet and his decision making when making the pass or taking his first touch. So composed.

21 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Looked very scrappy when I first put this on but Derby dominating since the red card. Archie Brown wins a penalty!

Which Jack Stretton converts very confidently for his second. There'll be a lot of competition between Duncan and Stretton I feel. Or maybe they can form a great partnership?

I think we’ll see Duncan playing just behind Stretton, in place of Ibrahim

2 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Nonsense sending off which skewed the game, we'd have learned more 11vs11.

Brown and Ebosele were very good, as was the new boy on his debut.

I agree it was nonsense BUT that Leicester no.3 was mistiming tackles and giving away fouls all night - I honestly thought it was only a matter of time he’d get the red

12 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

A finely balanced game until the scales were tipped in our favour by the sending off. Ebosele MOTM with honourable mentions for Archie Brown and Stretton. Not forgetting Foster’s penalty save at the start of the game.

I agree with your picks. Ebosele was just terrific tonight. As well as Brown and Stretton it was good to see Wilson growing into the game second half and Dixon is now starting to look like his old self. 

However, I would add that their number 3 had been fouling persistently throughout the game. He gave away about four before the first booking, and the ref had a further word with him again before his sending off. 

I'm surprised at the lack of mentions Bateman has got on here! I thought he was our best player by a long way tonight.

Ebosele impresses me everytime I see him and he seems to be getting stronger.

Tough game and the sending off was a joke, but a cracking result all the same.

2 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

I agree it was nonsense BUT that Leicester no.3 was mistiming tackles and giving away fouls all night - I honestly thought it was only a matter of time he’d get the red

You can get cautions for accumulation of fouls. 

12 minutes ago, roboto said:

What impressed me was his range of passing with BOTH feet and his decision making when making the pass or taking his first touch. So composed.

Agreed. I only saw a bit but most passes were left foot.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

I agree with your picks. Ebosele was just terrific tonight. As well as Brown and Stretton it was good to see Wilson growing into the game second half and Dixon is now starting to look like his old self. 

However, I would add that their number 3 had been fouling persistently throughout the game. He gave away about four before the first booking, and the ref had a further word with him again before his sending off. 

Must catch up and watch this game. Terrific comments about the team Ebosele burns the grass when he runs. Would be wonderful if these reports were about the first team. These players think that they can break through and probably will do so. Duncan must be impressed. Should get the best out of him. Scouting ID the future of the Club.

Archived