ibe to start sat?

RYRAM

2 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

He looks over weight if you ask me. May be he needs to lose a stone or two first.

have to agree there mate one for the condition coach think you will see a few mins here and there few weeks away mind 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Calm down buddy. I agree we’re unlikely to see him start anytime soon and I understand the challenges he’s faced (I know a little about mental health with four close, and I mean immediate not distant cousins, family members including my wife who have suffered from depression and/or are still suffering). I’d like to think he’ll get the right level of support and be on whatever medication he needs to help him and he’ll be pulling a football shirt before too long.

Absolutely, I’ve seen the professionals put a very close family member back to together on more than one occasion and that was (just) the NHS bless them. With Mr Ibe having the full support of DCFC with all their resources behind them he’s got a better chance than most to recover, I wish him well and look forward to him tearing up this league. 

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

Have people actually not got it in there brain cells that we might not see him at all . All depends on his mental health and keeping the pressure off and not seeing him as the saviour of our club , when you read mental health I'm pretty sure most people just think ahhhh he be o.k , that ain't the case he has a long physical and mental battle ahead , let's hope Derby have put in place the correct patient sport and life coaches 

Seriously?? You really think we’d have given him a two year contract when he’s that broken. Agree mental health especially is horrible & unpredictable bit I think we should give our medical team a little more credit than that as I’m sure they will have carried out a thorough assessment of his physical & mental well being before recommending we take him on. 

1 hour ago, Gisby said:

Seriously?? You really think we’d have given him a two year contract when he’s that broken. Agree mental health especially is horrible & unpredictable bit I think we should give our medical team a little more credit than that as I’m sure they will have carried out a thorough assessment of his physical & mental well being before recommending we take him on. 

Jordan Ibe is going to be a decent signing for us. As soon as he is fit and ready, with matches likely to be played without supporters in the ground, so a bit less pressure, he could thrive at a club where he already had some good performances. From memory was popular and seemed to enjoy playing under Mac. 

Get him a few mins on the pitch if he's up to it. You get match fit by playing matches. He might take a few games to get going but might just be what he needs. I appreciate he hasn't played & the likes of Bennett arnt at the club but id rather have a 50% fit ibe than 100% fit Bennett. He's a massive improvement on what we have

15-20 mins at the end when the opposition are getting tired i say give him a few mins as soon as possible & build him up. He's here to play football 

From what I recall his main mental health issues were a while back when he checked in to a private facility whilst at Bournemouth? Now i'm not saying they have all been resolved but it seems to me now he is at the stage where he just wants to play and mentally that is likely to be the best thing for him, even more so behind closed doors without the fan pressure.

Not sure I buy into the overweight thing either, he has matured from a kid to a man since he was last here that doesnt mean he is overweight. He has said himself he has had a nutrionist to keep him in shape as well as personal training sessions.

As for Saturday it will be purely down to his base fitness and how he trains as im sure he will want to get back out on the pitch and the best way to gain fitness is by playing. I think he will probably make the bench and hopefully get a 10min cameo. That can then be increased to 15-20, to 30 to then starting and playing 60-70. This is when it becomes a shame we got knocked out the cup so he had more games to get minutes.

There's alot of baalocks assumptions here. 

For one how do we know hes unfit just by looking at him? He may be the fittest player in the squad just carrying a lot of muscle. If he's worth his salt he won't have been sitting on his ass this summer and he should have kept a good level of fitness. Granted it could taken 10 days or so to catch up with the rest of the team.

For seconds just because he has had some issues in the past doesn't mean that he is so mentally unstable that the prospect of playing a game of football behind closed doors would be too much for him to handle. I bet he would feel insulted and shocked reading this thread. "Not being able to play for a month, he may not ever play for us".

What pure utter baalocks. 

Archived