ibe to start sat?

RYRAM

1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

He's going to need a lot of looking after. Even in his interview he doesn't seem quite right. Physically, he will need a good month IMO. If we can get him right he's going to be a massive player for us and I can't wait!

He's not 8. He's a grown man  I'm sure he will handle himself. 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion he needs a period of rehabilitation as well as a pre-season.  I doubt therefore that we will see him playing for between 4 & 6 weeks. He shows residual signs of a period of chronic stress. I suspect his confidence is "shot" and his self-esteem pretty low at the moment. His decision to join Derby rather than other "more lucrative" options makes perfect sense. He associates Derby with a period of great positivity and warmth, and that's what he needs right now. If I was him I would revert his image back to how he was then - lose the jewellery and the dyed hair. Get physically fit and get to know your new team mates. Get out into the Derbyshire Countryside on days off and spend time with the most important people {family and friends}. Re-focus on football - recall that surge of adrenalin and the super-sonic sound of the crowd as the ball hits the back of the net. 

Derby should resist the temptation to bring him onto a competitive game until he is entirely ready. 

We remember the Jordon Ibe from when he was 18, firing on all cylinders, with the world at his feet, playing in a very confident, free-flowing successful Derby side. It's different now. We mustn't expect too much too soon. But Ibe can get back to being that player that he was and the fact that he has chosen Derby strongly illustrates that he has insight into his predicamant and that he wants to re-establish himself. 

I, along with all fellow Rams, really want Jordon to re-find himself. I can't wait to see that ball hit the back of the net, and Ibe free-wheeling away with the deafening noise of the Derby crowd and a huge smile on his face. 

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the bench, he will have hopefully looked after himself a bit but undoubtedly won’t be anywhere near being properly fit. He’ll have had at least 3 days training and might be good for 15-20 minutes if the game situation allows. Would be good for him and the team to have him involved in some capacity?!

19 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Have people actually not got it in there brain cells that we might not see him at all .

I saw him yesterday, there was pictures of him outside the train station and then wearing a Derby shirt, here you go look, definitely not photoshopped.

Eigr19JWoAAbb1Q.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

He's not 8. He's a grown man  I'm sure he will handle himself. 

If you have seen his post on instagram, or watched an interview he did on youtube with some people he knows, you would see that he has/is suffering with depression. Bournemouth didn't help him with that and he had to check himself into somewhere in order to get help. 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

That’s a typical ignorant response to someone suffering from a mental illness (if Ibe is). 

Akin to “pull yourself together” and “what’s he/she got to be depressed about”

19 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

In my opinion he needs a period of rehabilitation as well as a pre-season.  I doubt therefore that we will see him playing for between 4 & 6 weeks. He shows residual signs of a period of chronic stress. I suspect his confidence is "shot" and his self-esteem pretty low at the moment. His decision to join Derby rather than other "more lucrative" options makes perfect sense. He associates Derby with a period of great positivity and warmth, and that's what he needs right now. If I was him I would revert his image back to how he was then - lose the jewellery and the dyed hair. Get physically fit and get to know your new team mates. Get out into the Derbyshire Countryside on days off and spend time with the most important people {family and friends}. Re-focus on football - recall that surge of adrenalin and the super-sonic sound of the crowd as the ball hits the back of the net. 

Derby should resist the temptation to bring him onto a competitive game until he is entirely ready. 

We remember the Jordon Ibe from when he was 18, firing on all cylinders, with the world at his feet, playing in a very confident, free-flowing successful Derby side. It's different now. We mustn't expect too much too soon. But Ibe can get back to being that player that he was and the fact that he has chosen Derby strongly illustrates that he has insight into his predicamant and that he wants to re-establish himself. 

I, along with all fellow Rams, really want Jordon to re-find himself. I can't wait to see that ball hit the back of the net, and Ibe free-wheeling away with the deafening noise of the Derby crowd and a huge smile on his face. 

I agree with your over-arching sentiment. I think it's hard to say though how long exactly he will need and what the best approach might be without be close to the situation. For example it might be better for him to be playing in some capacity sooner rather than later and I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench soonish. I'm confindent Cocu and the coaching staff will have involve him in games when he is ready and resist the temptation to rush it.

4 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

If you have seen his post on instagram, or watched an interview he did on youtube with some people he knows, you would see that he has/is suffering with depression. Bournemouth didn't help him with that and he had to check himself into somewhere in order to get help. 

I didn’t mean to suggest he’s not suffering from depression, I just didn’t want to assume he was (I haven’t seen the part where he said he had to check himself in anywhere). I’ve seen some of the YouTube interview and, without knowing what his normal demeanour is, it’s impossible to tell if that was “normal” for him or not.

In my unqualified opinion, I don’t think there can be much doubt that he does have his demons and, as you say, the club need to (and I’m sure they will) help him cope with them as any good employer should. My original response to @Marriott Ram99 remains the same. 

17 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

From what I recall his main mental health issues were a while back when he checked in to a private facility whilst at Bournemouth? Now i'm not saying they have all been resolved but it seems to me now he is at the stage where he just wants to play and mentally that is likely to be the best thing for him, even more so behind closed doors without the fan pressure.

Not sure I buy into the overweight thing either, he has matured from a kid to a man since he was last here that doesnt mean he is overweight. He has said himself he has had a nutrionist to keep him in shape as well as personal training sessions.

As for Saturday it will be purely down to his base fitness and how he trains as im sure he will want to get back out on the pitch and the best way to gain fitness is by playing. I think he will probably make the bench and hopefully get a 10min cameo. That can then be increased to 15-20, to 30 to then starting and playing 60-70. This is when it becomes a shame we got knocked out the cup so he had more games to get minutes.

Word Up 80S GIF by CAMEO Nation

Truthfully it's all guesswork but would be surprised to see him in the squad until after the international break. Would give him time to integrate into the squad and build up his fitness considering he hasn't played a competitive game in almost exactly a year. If we are patient with Jordan now and when he eventually gets into the starting 11, I'm sure we'll see the best player he can be instead of rushing him into the team when he isn't ready and knocking his confidence

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

The sad thing is for a player like Ibe and his metal state that a ground full of fans lifted from silence by a jinking run is probably the best therapy, effing Covid wont let that happen at the monet. ..... We all need to be loved and I suspect flair footballers more than most. ... There are those moments in games when the crowd unite and let that unity show towards a single player .. when you've been appreciated by a crowd like that it is special. 

( obviously ...from my sage insight you will all have gathered I have much experience of playing in front of thousands in times past - in my mind at least  ) 

11 minutes ago, jono said:

The sad thing is for a player like Ibe and his metal state that a ground full of fans lifted from silence by a jinking run is probably the best therapy, effing Covid wont let that happen at the monet. ..... We all need to be loved and I suspect flair footballers more than most. ... There are those moments in games when the crowd unite and let that unity show towards a single player .. when you've been appreciated by a crowd like that it is special. 

( obviously ...from my sage insight you will all have gathered I have much experience of playing in front of thousands in times past - in my mind at least  ) 

Absolutely @jono. The opposite - 24,000 voices in unison articulating a collective "downer" when a player mis-cues a shot can have a hugely detrimental impact so, as you'll also be fully aware, it's very key that we don't expect to see Jordon "on fire" from the get-go. He's got to re-claim his fitness and that will take a good while not having played for so long. Too soon and he'll get injured, or at worst suffer more "trauma" if he massively under-performs. Might be a good thing that he plays in empty stadia in the short- medium term - until he's back at his sharpest. 

6 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

This is one of the most ignorant posts I've seen on this forum. 

He must have extreme issues if he can't play football anymore because he's that depressed or anxious , never realised he was that much in a bad state.  I don't think I have ever heard of a player not being able to play because they are that mentally ill maybe I've underestimated his recent issues.  My phrasing was harsh but it was in response to someone who was implying he needs to be mollycolled like a young boy. 

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

He must have extreme issues if he can't play football anymore because he's that depressed or anxious , never realised he was that much in a bad state.  I don't think I have ever heard of a player not being able to play because they are that mentally ill maybe I've underestimated his recent issues. 

@Marriott Ram99 Have you read the Secret Footballer? https://www.theguardian.com/football/series/the-secret-footballerLots in there about the experience of chronic depression and anxiety.

Also see: https://www.wsc.co.uk/reviews/64-Players/11583-tales-from-the-secret-footballer

I'm pretty sure Jordan will have been assessed physically and mentally at his medical. I agree thousands of cheering fans would be perfect medicine but the flip is it could create huge pressure. Playing to empty stadiums may actually help short term.  Clearly he feels he's coming to a place where he felt loved and valued.   Depression is a b1tch so let's do all we can to support him and show how much we care and want him here.  If he's on Instagram or Twitter let's support him there too....

Archived