v Reading (H) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Who know's what he's like with the players in the dressing room but not all good leaders/managers have to resort to histrionics. 

No true, as the old saying goes 'you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar'! Maybe he's not sweet enough! ?

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Who know's what he's like with the players in the dressing room but not all good leaders/managers have to resort to histrionics. 

I'm pretty sure I remember last season hearing or reading something along the lines of "he does get angry but he doesn't rant and rave, it'd be fake if he did because that's not his personality"

But I think that blend cones from the others in the management being more expressive types.

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Yes. Nowhere near enough quality.

To accuse professional players of not trying is about the lowest blow a manager could aim. 

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

Nonsense. He brought that team to life. It set club records. What a nonsense comment. 

He was lucky like Ranieri was lucky with Leicester. Like Zidane was lucky at Real. Like Rowett at Millwall or a thousand other cases of a manager coming in and improving a team without bringing in a bunch of players. 

Oh, and then he came back when we were holding up the league (thanks to Pearson who left Ranieri and easy title winning side) and lifted us to a brief play off push. Again jumping half the league. 

Oops sorry your right , just checked the bible and it turns out maclaren is god and Chris Martin is the son of god ,,, all good though as I’m fully expecting a massive upturn in Derby s results around Easter time

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Oops sorry your right , just checked the bible and it turns out maclaren is god and Chris Martin is the son of god ,,, all good though as I’m fully expecting a massive upturn in Derby s results around Easter time

Not God just good. 

That's how we broke several club records. Find it a bit weird that to defend this current situation you choose to criticise a more successful period. 

I mean I look back on that time with fondness and enjoyed the thrashings we handed out. You look back and ridicule it and call it lucky. 

I mean I don't really feel the need to mention Martin or Mac at all but certainly with Martin I wouldn't criticise him because he's been a great servant that has moved on. But you fire away and then tell us to get behind the club.

Tell you who else was lucky. Dave Mackay. Very average record as a manager that just fluked the league here. I bet the team would have won that title without him. 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Not God just good. 

That's how we broke several club records. Find it a bit weird that to defend this current situation you choose to criticise a more successful period. 

I mean I look back on that time with fondness and enjoyed the thrashings we handed out. You look back and ridicule it and call it lucky. 

I mean I don't really feel the need to mention Martin or Mac at all but certainly with Martin I wouldn't criticise him because he's been a great servant that has moved on. But you fire away and then tell us to get behind the club.

Tell you who else was lucky. Dave Mackay. Very average record as a manager that just fluked the league here. I bet the team would have won that title without him. 

The phrase won the ,,,,,,,, yep massive benchmark between the two macs 

as for the rest of your post just made up guff which is suited to zealots who react with Fervour when anybody dares question they’re gods and demigod s 

I find it hilarious so crack on 

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

as for the rest of your post just made up guff which is suited to zealots who react with Fervour when anybody dares question they’re gods and demigod s 

Others are zealots, yet you spend more time talking about Martin and Mac than any other poster on this forum, why is that? 

Just now, Archied said:

You don't though do you? Or you wouldn't have bitten at it like you have.

You don't like it when someone mentions McClaren or Martin (not sure what they have to do with anything) because they're using it as ammo to hurt the current set up with. 

That's fine. Both are irrelevant to the here and now. 

The made up guff is anyone who thinks a team jumping up half a league is lucky. Mac did it for Derby twice. I'm not sure why that makes you so spiteful. Why can't you just have enjoyed it and moved on? 

It doesn't bother me that someone should compare Mac to Cocu. The comparison doesn't work so I just don't comment on it. I only pulled you up because of your nonsense talk about luck. Anybody who improves a side by several league positions isn't lucky. Even a manager that does it by spending money still has to spend it wisely. But Mac didn't even do that to any significant sum. 

"Crack on" ? have i stumbled onto twitter by accident here

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Others are zealots, yet you spend more time talking about Martin and Mac than any other poster on this forum, why is that? 

You will see if you actually look my posts are always replies to the brigade posts so always less and also very balanced in terms of Martin as a player and a player for Derby giving him due credit and respects but the brigade don’t really want that , you are either fully with them in worship or you are the devil 

Marty fire up the flux capacitor,,, there’s a call for Tom ince to be returned to 2018 ?

Just now, Archied said:

You will see if you actually look my posts are always replies to the brigade posts so always less and also very balanced in terms of Martin as a player and a player for Derby giving him due credit and respects but the brigade don’t really want that , you are either fully with them in worship or you are the devil 

Marty fire up the flux capacitor,,, there’s a call for Tom ince to be returned to 2018 ?

I don't think I'd consider you balanced when it comes to Martin, you can't resist talking negatively about him every time he's mentioned. As for the rest, it's just simply not true. There is no secret cult of Chris Martin. 

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You don't though do you? Or you wouldn't have bitten at it like you have.

You don't like it when someone mentions McClaren or Martin (not sure what they have to do with anything) because they're using it as ammo to hurt the current set up with. 

That's fine. Both are irrelevant to the here and now. 

The made up guff is anyone who thinks a team jumping up half a league is lucky. Mac did it for Derby twice. I'm not sure why that makes you so spiteful. Why can't you just have enjoyed it and moved on? 

It doesn't bother me that someone should compare Mac to Cocu. The comparison doesn't work so I just don't comment on it. I only pulled you up because of your nonsense talk about luck. Anybody who improves a side by several league positions isn't lucky. Even a manager that does it by spending money still has to spend it wisely. But Mac didn't even do that to any significant sum. 

"Crack on" ? have i stumbled onto twitter by accident here

There you go twisting again ?, I never said he was lucky with results ,I also said he was a very good coach , he was very lucky to walk into a Derby that had had a very good group of players bought and on the way to being very decent with his particular skill set ,

happy to answer you all day but that won’t take me above you and the brigade in posts ,you will always be the very minimum of one ahead ?

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

McClaren is like a shadow over this club because he set the bar but ultimately didn't win anything.

So whenever any other manager gets criticised a few people refer to Mac's football as what IS possible 

Then others think to defend a manager they have to attack the Mac period. Comments like "he failed" etc. I find the whole thing confusing because we were all heading to Wembley thrilled with our season and thinking we would win. We all enjoyed the thrashings handed out to Forest, Leeds, Wolves etc. We all loved the hype in the media. 

So why use that to defend a manager? Until a manager comes in and actually takes Derby a step further than Mac did then Mac will be the shining example. After that it will be whoever. 

What's with the bitterness? It's not like there's a hundred people that constantly refer to Mac. Just ignore it if it rattles you.

I'm not convinced by Cocu but I can see there are positives. I just can't grasp how one of them positives is "McClaren won nothing!!!"... no, no he didn't. But he came closer than Cocu. So probably best not to come with that angle. 

As for Chris Martin. He scored a load of goals for us and was a key player in the most points we have had in a season. He isn't at the club so he's not playing crap for us. I would think if you have nothing nice to say then you have a personal issue with him? 

Generally if it's good for Derby and you don't like it, don't ever criticise someone for their support. 

12 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I don't think I'd consider you balanced when it comes to Martin, you can't resist talking negatively about him every time he's mentioned. As for the rest, it's just simply not true. There is no secret cult of Chris Martin. 

Below Posted by me yesterday , very anti Martin and Unbalanced? Not

2,365 posts

Posted yesterday at 18:08

If Martin hits some form and fits at Bristol there’s no reason he can’t do well and also if he doesn’t it doesn’t make him a bad player either 

personaly hope he does well there 

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

There you go twisting again ?, I never said he was lucky with results ,I also said he was a very good coach , he was very lucky to walk into a Derby that had had a very good group of players bought and on the way to being very decent with his particular skill set ,

happy to answer you all day but that won’t take me above you and the brigade in posts ,you will always be the very minimum of one ahead ?

What brigade? I don't think you will find a single post where I mention Mac (other than this conversation) in the last year. I would possibly dare say 2 years. Especially not to talk about his time here. I reckon I last discussed Mac with @Curtainswhen Rowett was put in charge?

I have no idea where we are going with this. Mac wasn't lucky. He was good for Derby. I enjoyed it and moved on from it. We were poo under Pearson and he took us near the play offs. Thats good. We were average under Clough and he took us to 86(?) Points and 80 goals or something? Thats good. It just is. Talking about it is irrelevant. I only pulled you up on your comment. 

Who's in this brigade? What is the purpose of the brigade?

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

What's with the bitterness? It's not like there's a hundred people that constantly refer to Mac. Just ignore it if it rattles you.

I'm not convinced by Cocu but I can see there are positives. I just can't grasp how one of them positives is "McClaren won nothing!!!"... no, no he didn't. But he came closer than Cocu. So probably best not to come with that angle. 

Excellent post, the bit I've quoted is the bit that always confuses me. I wonder if they're trying to prove something to themselves. Mac is the only Derby manager that's got us playing good football in my life time, of course he would be my go to example of what I'd like to see?  

I don't see how anyone can look back at what McClaren did here with anything other than fondness. Even his second spell we went on a huge winning spree and looked way better (got fired unjustly).

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Excellent post, the bit I've quoted is the bit that always confuses me. I wonder if they're trying to prove something to themselves. Mac is the only Derby manager that's got us playing good football in my life time, of course he would be my go to example of what I'd like to see?  

I don't see how anyone can look back at what McClaren did here with anything other than fondness. Even his second spell we went on a huge winning spree and looked way better (got fired unjustly).

People do seem to forget he took that Pearson mess to flirting with the play offs. 

I don't really know why that period is considered unsuccessful. The team had been messed with by Clement and Pearson by that point. I thought he did well? 

I guess Billy Davies should be the example really. Goes to show how important entertainment really is. 

Archived