v Reading (H) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

This is how Reading played last season, though. 

Reading are better today than when we played them 6(?) weeks ago when we won. They have pace, skill and movement. We look disjointed and off the pace. We are easily thwarted and dispossessed and in 3 passes they are inside our box. The contrast in style {and effectiveness} is stark. We make 8 passes and advance 6 feet. Our play is muddled and directionless. Can’t see how this style is ever going to produce anything remotely effective or even mildly pleasant to watch. 

I’m sorry but this says it all and if I’ve been reading correctly the one shot was a long range speculative effort on the opening day of the season at home to a team many consider to be one of the weaker teams I can’t see where any optimism that one winger with potential is going to change this team he would need to be a cross between Messi/Ronaldo/Aguero rolled into one 51FE7F85-C8F6-4DFA-838A-77C6CA45AA22.thumb.png.8b6df5eb83bb80c3b1ae5670d6abc2f9.png

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I’m sorry, but this style of football is boring me to tears!! 

sideways, backwards, sideways, backwards, sideways, backwards 

this is worse than Rowetball, we’ve got no pace or power in the team, Te Wierik looks to small for this league, he’s getting smashed all over the park by Reading, who in contrast have pace, power and physicality all over the park. 

Its like the whole team has a limiter on it and won’t let go above 40%, there’s no aggression, no drive, no nothing, everything just seems so bland and flat 

I don’t know what the answer is, I really dont

I don’t mind it if it’s played with pace, quick passing... it’s just so pedestrian that the opposition have sooooooo much time to get back into position.

We've had a lot of poor performers today. No-ones been 'good'. But with Waghorn and Lawrence injured, Marriott being by FAR the worst player on the pitch was not something we could ever afford. 

Archived