Outgoings

Dimmu

At last transfer window has truly started!! Te Wierik and Marshall are already here and seems like we are after Clarke as well so we are well packed in defence.

Who do you think we'll want/manage to get rid in this window? Who'd you like to see leaving? Most likely other clubs in this division (or lower) won't have much money to use outside loans and free transfer so it'll be tough to wheal and deal this time around.

Malone seems obvious after being dropped to play with youth while half of the youth team plays for the first team...anyone else?

According to transfermarkt, we have a LOT of players running ot contract after this season:

Wayne Rooney

Curtis Davies

Martyn Waghorn

Scott Malone

Florian Jozefzoon

Andre Wisdom

George Evans

Mason Bennett

Duane Holmes

Max Lowe

Jack Marriott

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we get who we want in, we’ll see Malone, Jozefzoon and Bennett depart on permanents (if we receive offers) loans if required. There’s a small chance Bennett stays to offer a bit of depth upfront and on the wing. Ravas our on loan to League 1.

Rooney will retire at the end of the season. Davies might too, although he may go to L1/2 for a year first. 
New deals for Lowe, Waghorn and Marriott. Wisdom, Holmes, and Evans may leave if they don’t get enough game time... depends if they’re happy being backup or manage to fight for a starting spot.

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

According to transfermarkt, we have a LOT of players running ot contract after this season:

Wayne Rooney - retires end of the season, joins coaching staff full-time or goes to manage lower in the pyramid

Curtis Davies - retires end of the season or has one last hurrah with Luton, moves into punditry

Martyn Waghorn - first team, renewal by end of season

Scott Malone - probably to Millwall

Florian Jozefzoon - loaned/sold this window... hopefully to Millwall?

Andre Wisdom - first team, renewal by end of season

George Evans - kept around as utility option, no renewal

Mason Bennett - probably to Millwall

Duane Holmes - first team, renewal by end of season

Max Lowe - first team but may not renew/look to get offers in January

Jack Marriott - first team, renewal by end of season unless offers come in

As well as the above I think loans out this season for Ravas, Jordan Brown and hopefully Whittaker/Buchanan depending on cover, think they need a bit more opportunity than we can possibly offer at this moment in time.

Carson and Mitchell also to leave at the end of the season.

We have a 12 month extension available on Rooney.  If we get promotion that will  be extended to give Wazza a farewell tour.

Curtis will retire, but will retain links with the club.  Malone, Jozefzoon and Bennett will find new projects.

One of Waghorn, Marriott, Wisdom, Holmes and Lowe will be sold.  The others will still be here.

Evans, I'm not sure.  The emergence of Jordan Brown may mean he's released but he covers lots of bases.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Bogle move on and wizz play right back with Ebosele as back up. If we need to bring money in then that’s the obvious asset we have and wizz is a more than ample replacement. 

I may be in the minority but I wouldn’t have looked to bring Clark back. Thought he slowed play down a little bit too much but accept it’s not ideal to play wizz and the Dutch fella together as they are both right footed. 

Think it’s pretty obvious who we want out to be honest:

Bennett - His career here has been over since January. Doesn’t seem to fit with the style of play, and off pitch issues have only worsened his chances. Hopefully some other championship club stumps up the 500k that Millwall wouldn’t and takes him off our hands.

Malone - Decent player, but down the pecking order in a position we’re currently overstocked in. Hopefully the reports about Millwall taking him on loan are true.

Jozefzoon - Not good enough, simple as. Offers nothing. Would be nice if a league one team came in for him, but I think he’ll be the most difficult to shift as I don’t think he’ll attract offers higher than that level, and the new wage cap could mean teams struggle to cover his wages. We probably need a new RW in first anyway, so we might not be able to get rid until late in the window.

Ravas - Would be good for him to get some first team football so we can assess whether he’s good enough for our first team. A development loan at the highest level we can find one would be ideal.

7 hours ago, Beardmm said:

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Bogle move on and wizz play right back with Ebosele as back up. If we need to bring money in then that’s the obvious asset we have and wizz is a more than ample replacement. 

I may be in the minority but I wouldn’t have looked to bring Clark back. Thought he slowed play down a little bit too much but accept it’s not ideal to play wizz and the Dutch fella together as they are both right footed. 

This is something that worries me. With the current pandemic crisis, there's a scenario that only players we are able to sell, would be the crown jewels from the academy as only potential buyers are in PL. If we need money, and the loan pretty much affirms we do, then Sibley, Bird and Bogle are first in the line. I would love to see them to develop too good for this division, especially Sibley.

As posters have said before: Malone, Bennett and Jozefzoon are the 3 I think are most likely to be leaving this window.

In addition to these, I wouldn't be surprised to see George Evans and Duane Holmes on the outgoing list... not because they're 'rubbish', but because I can't see how either of them would get much of a chance in the current team (without changing system... but the first couple of friendlies have indicated that it's likely that Cocu is going to stick with 4-2-3-1).

With Clarke incoming, that'd mean we'd have 6 players that could play CB without Evans (Wisdom, Bielik, te Wierik, Davies, Clarke, Forsyth)

With the emergence of Sibley and Knight (plus Rooney able to play in AM) that'd probably put Duane as 4th choice for that role... and he's too good to sit around being 4th choice somewhere IMO.

28 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

As posters have said before: Malone, Bennett and Jozefzoon are the 3 I think are most likely to be leaving this window.

In addition to these, I wouldn't be surprised to see George Evans and Duane Holmes on the outgoing list... not because they're 'rubbish', but because I can't see how either of them would get much of a chance in the current team (without changing system... but the first couple of friendlies have indicated that it's likely that Cocu is going to stick with 4-2-3-1).

With Clarke incoming, that'd mean we'd have 6 players that could play CB without Evans (Wisdom, Bielik, te Wierik, Davies, Clarke, Forsyth)

With the emergence of Sibley and Knight (plus Rooney able to play in AM) that'd probably put Duane as 4th choice for that role... and he's too good to sit around being 4th choice somewhere IMO.

Personally rate Holmes 2nd in our attacking mids for me its

Sibley
Holmes
Knight

Prefer knight a tad deeper although not as a DM , more of a tradition CM.

Rooney isnt going to play often at AM 

Id be very disappointed to see Holmes go , but might entertain a decent fee if he was to do so.

Malone seems to be the highest in the bomb squad category, by virtue of being the only senior to play in the u23s friendlies.

I'd have thought Bennett and FloJo would be next on the list, but only if we get wingers in by virtue of having so few options.

There doesn't seem to be much movement out there in the league for obvious reasons, save for Norwich who've already signed 10(!)

It is still early yet, however, teams will be working out where their gaps are. Next week I imagine there will be more movement.

I think moving players out won’t be happening for a while. I think that the current situation means all clubs are strapped for cash, illustrated by the numbers of free transfers going on, so getting people like Malone, Bennett, Zoon will be difficult as clubs won’t want to take a risk on the fee and wages. 

This window will explode into life in the last week and we will see squads really take shape then. Surplus players will be moved on a low fees as everyone gets desperate. 

I am curious to know if Waghorn has features this preseason? He was in the videos for the green screen stuff, but I just wonder if he could be added to that list as one who is Possibly moving on? 

On 26/08/2020 at 14:43, DCFC_Sloth said:

I think moving players out won’t be happening for a while. I think that the current situation means all clubs are strapped for cash, illustrated by the numbers of free transfers going on, so getting people like Malone, Bennett, Zoon will be difficult as clubs won’t want to take a risk on the fee and wages. 

This window will explode into life in the last week and we will see squads really take shape then. Surplus players will be moved on a low fees as everyone gets desperate. 

I am curious to know if Waghorn has features this preseason? He was in the videos for the green screen stuff, but I just wonder if he could be added to that list as one who is Possibly moving on? 

All of the sudden, looks like Malone and Bennett are as good as gone. I think and hope that all of those who start the last year of their contract, are possible moving on. Too much money to be lost if we just let everyone's contract run out.

Things are changing rapidly at the moment... 

Gone: Mitchell, Carson, Martin, Huddlestone. Most likely Bennett and Malone as well.

Players running ot contract after this season:

Wayne Rooney

Curtis Davies

Martyn Waghorn

Florian Jozefzoon

Andre Wisdom

Duane Holmes

Max Lowe

Jack Marriott

Two out and one new contract and it looks much better now.

Archived