Outgoings

Dimmu

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/08/2020 at 17:56, Dimmu said:

Things are changing rapidly at the moment... 

Two out and one new contract and it looks much better now.

Time for little update. Have to say, Cocu & co has done very well in this transfer window so far. The first post of this topic shows how bad the situation was, now it's looking quite healthy. 

Gone: Mitchell, Carson, Martin,  Mitchell-Lawson, Huddlestone, Bennett, Malone, Bogle and Lowe. Josefzoon and Hector-Ingram are likely to play somewhere else next season. 

Players running ot contract after this season:

Wayne Rooney

Curtis Davies

Martyn Waghorn

Florian Jozefzoon

Andre Wisdom

Duane Holmes

Jack Marriott

Rooney and Davies are likely to retire or most likely won't fit into team anyway. Holmes need to keep himself fit and if he does, he should earn a new contract. Otherwise he'll be released. That leaves us with Waggy, Wisdom and Marriott. Big season for all of them, they all play positions we don't have youngsters coming through at the moment.  At the same time, I don't see Marriott or Wisdom fitting to player type Cocu is looking for. 

I'm waiting new contract for Waghorn after the transfer window is closed. 

Rooney and Davies - Agreed. This will probably be their last year playing.
Jozefzoon - Clearly out of favour. Get rid for whatever someone is willing to pay.
Waghorn, Wisdom, Holmes and Marriott - Offer all an extra year now (they all have their place in a matchday squad of 18) and, if they're not interested, sell while we can get some cash for them.

4 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Rooney and Davies - Agreed. This will probably be their last year playing.
Jozefzoon - Clearly out of favour. Get rid for whatever someone is willing to pay.
Waghorn, Wisdom, Holmes and Marriott - Offer all an extra year now (they all have their place in a matchday squad of 18) and, if they're not interested, sell while we can get some cash for them.

I think we have offered a new contract to those four. Why would we only offer extension for Evans? I think the talks are ongoing and disrupted by the incoming transfers. 

Archived