Henrich Ravas, number 1

Day

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed Ravas has featured much more in our social media lately.

It's more than likely a coincidence, but they may also be trying to prepare us for Ravas being given the nod for next season. 

If they think he's worth the risk, then let's go for it. Can't be worse than Hamer and we finished top half with him in the team. 

I can't say I know too much about him, obviously he's played in games I've seen and I've not noticed him doing much wrong. 

He has a pretty appalling record in terms of goals conceded though: 

10 appearances last season, with 22 conceded and 0 clean sheets. I think his only first team appearance to date was a FA Cup match for Gainsbrough Trinity where he starred in a 6-0 loss. He's played 28 games for Derby's U23s and conceded 59 goals with only 4 clean sheets. 

Not to be that guy, but... it's a pretty damning record!  

36 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I can't say I know too much about him, obviously he's played in games I've seen and I've not noticed him doing much wrong. 

He has a pretty appalling record in terms of goals conceded though: 

10 appearances last season, with 22 conceded and 0 clean sheets. I think his only first team appearance to date was a FA Cup match for Gainsbrough Trinity where he starred in a 6-0 loss. He's played 28 games for Derby's U23s and conceded 59 goals with only 4 clean sheets. 

Not to be that guy, but... it's a pretty damning record!  

Clean sheets are a rarity in youth football, in my observation. There are near-constant defensive errors.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Clean sheets are a rarity in youth football, in my observation. There are near-constant defensive errors.

Youth football is goals galore. Always getting games ending with ridiculous score lines like 6 - 3 and the like.

Clean sheets are a rarity you are very correct

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Agreed. Although, Roos played 21 games for our U23 and conceded 24 goals with 6 clean sheets. Mitchell played 47 with 63 conceded and 15 clean sheets. 

Ravas' numbers just seem to be well out-of-line with the other keepers in his class. The 3 clean sheets that we had last season: two came from Mitchell and one from Matthew Yates. 

It is difficult to tell, but the numbers don't fill me with confidence. 

Just now, angieram said:

To be fair, that's his Derby County squad number. All the under 23 games have players with 1 to 11 on their shirts. It's just like the old days!

You think you can just swan in here and destroy this thread with facts like that? 

i dont care whatever GIF

Let's remember that time in the fan forum last season where Lampard couldn't even remember Ravas's name and had to ask Wassall what the U23s keeper was called. If he was any good I'm sure he'd have been on the radar as possible future first team material and he would have at least known his name

7 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Let's remember that time in the fan forum last season where Lampard couldn't even remember Ravas's name and had to ask Wassall what the U23s keeper was called. If he was any good I'm sure he'd have been on the radar as possible future first team material and he would have at least known his name.

2 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Can Henrich maneuver his way into the first choice keeper picture this season?

for me defo yes. if we don't get a new keeper in. its Ravas and Roos for number one spot. I haven't given up  hope on Roos but if that is the case and as a good pre season he will be in on opening day.

17 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Let's remember that time in the fan forum last season where Lampard couldn't even remember Ravas's name and had to ask Wassall what the U23s keeper was called. If he was any good I'm sure he'd have been on the radar as possible future first team material and he would have at least known his name

Worse......He had to ask Stephen Pearce.

Archived