Live football thread.

Rev

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Who do they owe? 

Google is your friend 😉They borrowed massive amounts of money to buy players under the American Manager March and end of June is payback time 

A hop onto their forum will tell you that they are expecting to lose all their better players and don’t expect to be able to spend any money. FFP could hit them as well. 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Added a bit

8 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Google is your friend 😉They borrowed massive amounts of money to buy players under the American Manager March and end of June is payback time 

A hop onto their forum will tell you that they are expecting to lose all their better players and don’t expect to be able to spend any money. FFP could hit them as well. 

If they have debt against their owners, then they don’t need to sell. They may wish to, but a more logical viewpoint is looking at the current set of Championship teams, the teams coming down and concluding they will almost certainly finish top two next season if they keep their better players. 

If it’s FFP, then who is charging them? The PL or EFL? 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

If they have debt against their owners, then they don’t need to sell. They may wish to, but a more logical viewpoint is looking at the current set of Championship teams, the teams coming down and concluding they will almost certainly finish top two next season if they keep their better players. 

It’s not the owners it’s the companies they borrowed off they owe . A bit  of research will tell you all you need to know. Google Leeds Utd Debt and loads comes up . 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Added a bit and deleted a bit

1 minute ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I thought you are or were a Journalist ? A bit of research will tell you all you need to know. Google Leeds Utd Debt and loads comes up . 

Sorry I thought you had some deep knowledge on the subject and I was asking out of interest.

2 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

And I thought you are or were a Journalist who might have done a bit of research 

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2024/04/11/leeds-united-financial-news/amp/

I’m not a journalist and I have very little interest in searching Leeds United news on google.

You kept posting Leeds will be forced to sell as they have financial problems. I was only asking why as I assumed you had some sort of deeper knowledge on it.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

I’m not a journalist and I have very little interest in searching Leeds United news on google.

You kept posting Leeds will be forced to sell as they have financial problems. I was only asking why as I assumed you had some sort of deeper knowledge on it.

And you were spouting off they would win the league next season easily when all the evidence is they will have to rebuild. I leave it with you 👋🏼

Just now, Eddie said:

Bris, you and knowledge are a contradiction in terms. 

Depends on the subject I guess. I have very little knowledge when it comes to Leeds United’s finances.

And football in general, according to some.

4 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

And you were spouting off they would win the league next season easily when all the evidence is they will have to rebuild. I leave it with you 👋🏼

I read it. So they owe clubs money, but that’s pretty standard if transfers were paid out in instalments and based on performance.

No doubt the debt must be paid. It doesn’t say when, so there is a lot of speculation there.

29 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

If they have to sell their players before the end of June, the prices will be lower in a fire sale, just ask forest. How many big teams will still have big bucks still available from this season's accounts?

18 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think the majority is players bought in instalments and  they are now due as well as paying off their former manager.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I read it. So they owe clubs money, but that’s pretty standard if transfers were paid out in instalments and based on performance.

No doubt the debt must be paid. It doesn’t say when, so there is a lot of speculation there.

End of June.

2 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I think the majority is players bought in instalments and  they are now due as well as paying off their former manager.

Took a loan or loans out like we did with MSD. A big chunk of which is due end of June. Shades of Risdale again ?

15 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Depends on the subject I guess. I have very little knowledge when it comes to Leeds United’s finances.

And football in general, according to some.

And yet you've apparently studied their current team enough to suggest that theyd "walk the league" last season?

You're like the kid who revises for the questions that don't get asked.