Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

On 3/15/2016 at 23:23, SantosHalper said:

Bone Tomahawk. 8/10.

Interesting spin on the western -- could be described as a horror-western. 

DO NOT WATCH if you're of a delicate disposition. There is a scene towards the end that is perhaps the most shocking thing I have seen in an extremely long time. 

I'm usually pretty good with onscreen violance but the scene you're on about blew me away.  It was insane...

Just now, ramsbottom said:

I'm usually pretty good with onscreen violance but the scene you're on about blew me away.  It was insane...

Pretty sure I saw that on youtube, seemed a bit much lol 

40 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Pretty sure I saw that on youtube, seemed a bit much lol 

Oh my. Why did I just search for that?. Wow.

Seriously, folks. You don't want to see that if you don't want to become re-aquainted with your lunch.

11 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Oh my. Why did I just search for that?. Wow.

Seriously, folks. You don't want to see that if you don't want to become re-aquainted with your lunch.

Pretty sure I saw it on like a top 10 or something for "most brutal deaths" or similar, and didn't regret doing so (most were oldschool, fairly comical ones with crazy make-up) until that came up haha

Also I feel I should repeat: Really don't look it up, I wish I hadn't seen it personally. 

17 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Pretty sure I saw it on like a top 10 or something for "most brutal deaths" or similar, and didn't regret doing so (most were oldschool, fairly comical ones with crazy make-up) until that came up haha

Also I feel I should repeat: Really don't look it up, I wish I hadn't seen it personally. 

I just can't resist the temptation, I'll report back in a few minutes:D

10 Cloverfield Lane

I knew that this wasn't a direct sequal to Cloverfield (which I really enjoyed). Seems inspired by the Twilight Zone I think. The actors were all great, I especially liked John Gallagher Jr who I thought did more with his role than the script gave him. Goodman was great, menacing and sympathetic at the same time and Mary Elizabeth-Winstead was brilliant.

I was surprised it got a 12A rating. Going into the film I thought it would be a 15 rating. This is the most tense I've been in a film in a long time - I wanted to leave at some points (not in a bad way though).

8/10

10 Cloverfield Lane.

@PodgeyRam pretty much summed up my thoughts on the film in his review. It was almost as if there was 2 films combined into one with the ending! So many questions unanswered, but I suspect that's what the writers were going for.

No idea how it managed to pass for a 12A! Very tense and edgy film.

7/10.

3 hours ago, r4derby said:

Spoiler free review? 

Seen it twice now

It's got some serious problems, really poorly cut together with about twice as much plot as it needs. Suffers from being a film setting up all the Justice League films, as shown by a very stupid sequence with an email. I still don't feel like I know this version of Superman at all, in all his scenes he's either brooding (like Batman should) or threatening people (like Batman should). Henry Cavill has a good Superman in him, but the writing for him is turgid. I think Zach Snyder isn't the right man for these projects, hasn't learnt a single thing from the criticism of Man of Steel and he basically can't tell a good, cohesive story.

Also, Jesse Eisenberg (a casting I defended when it was announced) is absolutely laughable as Lex Luthor. Awful performance.

BUT, Batman is great, Affleck is perfectly cast as him. It's a really comic booky Batman with a great Batcave and Bat gadgets, also makes it completely plausible as to how he could fight Superman. Jeremy Irons is a brilliant Alfred. Some great action scenes (and some not so great, very generic action scenes), Wonder Woman is really good in it and Gal Gadot is just ******* gorgeous. I enjoyed it more the second time and while it does have problems, once you get past some of them it's enjoyable enough.

6.5/10

But be warned, if you're not a comic book fan there are some scenes in there, particularly any nightmare sequences, that are utterly incomprehensible. I vaguely recognised some of them and I have an above average knowledge of this stuff, which says a lot. Prepare to be confused.

Sith Happens
49 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Seen it twice now

It's got some serious problems, really poorly cut together with about twice as much plot as it needs. Suffers from being a film setting up all the Justice League films, as shown by a very stupid sequence with an email. I still don't feel like I know this version of Superman at all, in all his scenes he's either brooding (like Batman should) or threatening people (like Batman should). Henry Cavill has a good Superman in him, but the writing for him is turgid. I think Zach Snyder isn't the right man for these projects, hasn't learnt a single thing from the criticism of Man of Steel and he basically can't tell a good, cohesive story.

Also, Jesse Eisenberg (a casting I defended when it was announced) is absolutely laughable as Lex Luthor. Awful performance.

BUT, Batman is great, Affleck is perfectly cast as him. It's a really comic booky Batman with a great Batcave and Bat gadgets, also makes it completely plausible as to how he could fight Superman. Jeremy Irons is a brilliant Alfred. Some great action scenes (and some not so great, very generic action scenes), Wonder Woman is really good in it and Gal Gadot is just ******* gorgeous. I enjoyed it more the second time and while it does have problems, once you get past some of them it's enjoyable enough.

6.5/10

But be warned, if you're not a comic book fan there are some scenes in there, particularly any nightmare sequences, that are utterly incomprehensible. I vaguely recognised some of them and I have an above average knowledge of this stuff, which says a lot. Prepare to be confused.

just cant get excited about it, man of steel was awful.....superman returns was many times a better film than that,

Batman vs Superman 7/10

Felt Jesse Eisenberg was pretty decent in it. Can't undertsand the criticism of him particularly. Can't get over Affleck being Batman. Just doesn't seem right after Bale nailed it.

Superman's storyline was turgid. Felt he was let down by poor story telling.

The start was so slow, but the action scenes were good.