Stay at home VE day street party

Sith Happens

Sith Happens

This is being circulated suggesting a stay at home street party for bank holiday Friday. anyone planning to do it? 

the suggestion is people deck homes out in red white and blue and have a front garden picnic

seems a great idea to me , anyone planning to do it ?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a street party last week and we're having one today ,Last week it was an Easter Bonnet kids party and this week it's a 50th birthday ,There's only 12 houses down the street it's a cul de sac off a cul de sac.

We've always had street parties any excuse in the old days, not so much now may be 1 or 2 a year we've all grown old together.Longest down here is 64 years most of us have been here between 20 to 40 years.

If I ever move and it's doubtful I'll add £20k on to the price of my house just for the privilege of  gaining my neighbours .  

I just asked the wife if I can look forward to having a front garden picnic and was informed that I could wave a chipolata from the spare bedroom window. There will be a few woman across the road who will think it business as usual.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, sage said:

The trouble with ideas like this is people will do it who have got tiny or no front gardens. You have to account for idiots. 

true, we are lucky,  cul de sac with plenty of space.

I do feel for those with no or limited outdoor space.

During the clapping for heros on a Thursday night, we all saw the idiots who ignored the need for social distancing, crowding onto a bridge in London. This wasn't an isolated case, similar events occurred around the country.

Holding a meaningless street party is going to encourage, not just these same idiots but possibly many more to disregard the need to follow the social distancing directive.

2 hours ago, 1of4 said:

During the clapping for heros on a Thursday night, we all saw the idiots who ignored the need for social distancing, crowding onto a bridge in London. This wasn't an isolated case, similar events occurred around the country.

Holding a meaningless street party is going to encourage, not just these same idiots but possibly many more to disregard the need to follow the social distancing directive.

Meaningless? There has never been a more ideal time to keep banging on about the war! Where has the sombre reflection of contemplation from the olden days gone (1980s)?  We are going to have a party! I'm going to clap for 24 hours.

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

This is being circulated suggesting a stay at home street party for bank holiday Friday. anyone planning to do it? 

the suggestion is people deck homes out in red white and blue and have a front garden picnic

seems a great idea to me , anyone planning to do it ?

We are down here in Shaftesbury.

Archived