So if the season restarted tomorrow but...

rammieib

We had a 100% fit squad to choose from, what’s your team and line up?

I think I’d go:

Hamer
Bogle
Wisdom
Clarke
Forsyth
Bird
Rooney
Holmes
Lawrence
Waghorn
Martin

Davies
Bielik
Marriott
Knight
Sibley
Shinnie
Roos

Yes I am bored!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roos

Bogle           Wisdom         Clarke           Forsyth

Bird            Rooney          

Waghorn                Holmes                 Lawrence

Martin

Hamer, Bielik, Malone, Shinnie, Knight, Sibley, Marriott

Hamer

bogle.   Wisdom.   Clarke.   Fozzy

Bird.        Rooney

holmes.      Sibley.        Knight

Martin

10 hours ago, David said:

Hamer 

Forsyth

Clarke

Wisdom

Bogle

Bird

Rooney

Holmes

Knight

Lawrence

Marriott

You'll have Chrissy's and Sibbo's mums on the phone if you drop them both after they scored all the goals in the last game.

Roos

Bogle    Wisdom    Beilik    Lowe

Bird

Holmes     Knight     Sibley

Lawrence

Martin

Sacked all the loanees.

Itching to get the holy trinity of Knight - Sibley - Bird playing together. These are the new Bryson - Hendrick - Hughes. League winning midfield that.

Holmes is an undroppable menace.

Not much room in midfield so £10m Beilik needs to make the Centre half position his own.

Lawrence & Martin are the best attacking partnership we have which pushes my favourite Geordie to the bench. Nobody knows what's going on with Marriott.

Realistically there will have to be room made in that midfield for Rooney but if we're being realistic half of this team will be in the ACL hospital/Alcohol rehab/Burnley by kick off.

On 05/04/2020 at 00:09, David said:

Hamer 

Forsyth

Clarke

Wisdom

Bogle

Bird

Rooney

Holmes

Knight

Lawrence

Marriott

Why would anyone pick Marriott on this season performances, Martin and Waghorn deffo in front of Marriott, if we can get a few million for him I would let him go, never a top 6 championship player, a poor signing for want we paid for him. 

13 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Why would anyone pick Marriott on this season performances, Martin and Waghorn deffo in front of Marriott, if we can get a few million for him I would let him go, never a top 6 championship player, a poor signing for want we paid for him. 

Marriott continues to be our most overrated player in the last couple of years. One brief purple patch and the Leeds game, and that's it. He can't keep fit, he's not strong enough or clinical enough. The guy is a myth. He gets away with it because the fans have a soft spot for him, if Lawrence put in Marriott's performances he'd be crucified.

On 12/04/2020 at 19:35, TexasRam said:

EB219939-BB9B-4DB5-A9F2-0A99FF3621F4.jpeg

You laughing reacted at my post asking what Marriott has done, care to give reasoning why? Also intrigued why you'd drop Max Bird considering this season so far and include Bielik who was worse than him when he started and put Rooney at attacking mid where he hasn't found any success for us? 

9 hours ago, Andicis said:

You laughing reacted at my post asking what Marriott has done, care to give reasoning why? Also intrigued why you'd drop Max Bird considering this season so far and include Bielik who was worse than him when he started and put Rooney at attacking mid where he hasn't found any success for us? 

Because imo Marriott is a fantastic player, the best striker we have and should be the 1st name on the team sheet. I thought your post was laughable, but that’s my opinion. Bielik hasn’t  really been given the games to show us what he can do, again IMO. So yes I would start the fully fit Polish international in my starting 11. Rooney can play anywhere in this league and shine, I’d like to see him behind a front two of Martin and Marriott. Does this answer your question? By they way in all of these posts there is no right or wrong answers, it’s all opinions..............

Archived