Ideas

sage

As many of us are self isolating and all of us are facing restrictions on our social life and pursuing our interests, I thought I would start a thread with ideas for helping with the forthcoming malaise.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, sage said:

As many of us are self isolating and all of us are facing restrictions on our social life and pursuing our interests, I thought I would start a thread with ideas for helping with the forthcoming malaise.  

But no ideas? 

We've started making a list of all the crappy jobs around the house we've never got around to doing because they are boring and there is always something more fun to do. Based on the theory that doing the boring jobs is going to be more fun than going all "Jack Nicholson in The Shining" on each other

We've recently started using Zoom at work for conference video calls.

https://zoom.us/

Also good for calls with multiple family members /friends as well, obviously. Free to use, with maximum 40min call length if more than 2 people online at once - but you can then just start another call and carry on.....

Have a virtual party with some drinks and a few friends online?

19 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

We've recently started using Zoom at work for conference video calls.

https://zoom.us/

Also good for calls with multiple family members /friends as well, obviously. Free to use, with maximum 40min call length if more than 2 people online at once - but you can then just start another call and carry on.....

Have a virtual party with some drinks and a few friends online?

Or just use FaceTime. 

Only friends that have iPhones are worth having. 

2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

We've started making a list of all the crappy jobs around the house we've never got around to doing because they are boring and there is always something more fun to do. Based on the theory that doing the boring jobs is going to be more fun than going all "Jack Nicholson in The Shining" on each other

Us too.. The list is long and getting longer. 

Joking aside, it's really important to have a plan. I've been working at home all week and it's boring as hell. 

1 hour ago, dog said:

Just joined our street's Facebook page (by proxy). Apparently we're all going to wave to one another from our front windows at six thirty

Here in Spain people go to their balconies and windows at 8 o'clock to applaud the medical and emergency services.

Archived