Coronavirus

1of4

37 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

No surprise there, re-emphasising the rationale behind the 13 weeks break between jabs.

Have to say from someone that wanted to stay in the EU, due to jib more than anything, it could well turn into a blessing in disguise. They are quite far behind with the approval of vaccines after backing it seems one that isn't quite ready yet. Had they not, then shortages would probably be a lot more.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Archied said:

You do have to make the distinction that are beds occupied by people being treated for COVID  or are they being treated for heart attack , liver failure , cancer , road accident or all manner but have been tested and come out positive for COVID , yep quarantine issues arise  but we really need proper figures and straight talking to start comming to the fore 

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-hospital-activity/

Some of the figures you are interested in may well be provided by the link above. 

I personal think goverment known about this for a very very very long time ago and chose not to act until it was to late.

Yes I understand peoples lives at risky but people lively hoods  at risk but for me if they really cared about us they would have acted stright away.

10 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I personal think goverment known about this for a very very very long time ago and chose not to act until it was to late.

Yes I understand peoples lives at risky but people lively hoods  at risk but for me if they really cared about us they would have acted stright away.

You have been telling us they should just open stuff up, regularly. You said you just want to go back to Pride Park.

Now you think they should have acted sooner.

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Im not sure they knew about it a very long time ago, i think possibly there was a delay in information coming out of china, and also a delay in information from the WHO.

However I think, its hard to argue against the fact the we should have acted earlier. We could see what was happening in Italy and as a result i think we were probably 2 weeks too late with the lockdown.

I do think in a 'parallel' universe had we locked down earlier and managed in some sort of way to contain it like Australia had there would have been criticism of the lockdown in a similiar way to people who criticised the millenium bug effort, but we dont live in a parallel universe.

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

You have been telling us they should just open stuff up, regularly. You said you just want to go back to Pride Park.

If they acted when first knew about and started working on a vaccine and started taking more doctories and nurses instead of cutting numbers and also paramedics perhaps it wont be in state we are in now and have all our freedoms.

Yes I think things need open up but look how many job losses because the virus perhaps if goverment acted many lives would been saved.

Sith Happens
Just now, B4ev6is said:

If they acted when first knew about and started working on a vaccine and started taking more doctories and nurses instead of cutting numbers and also paramedics perhaps it wont be in state we are in now and have all our freedoms.

Yes I think things need open up but look how many job losses because the virus perhaps if goverment acted many lives would been saved.

I cant agree on the vaccine, the fact we have one so quick is testement to an international effort to get one.

1 minute ago, Sith Happens said:

I cant agree on the vaccine, the fact we have one so quick is testement to an international effort to get one.

Well if I remember right it was in 2017 going into 2018 when this mystery virus when poor people on that ship but for me if they just kepted them on it. But oh no they decided to let them off. I can remember saying back then it was air born when going through air vents to other passagers rooms.

They should made stay on there until the systems had gone. That's when we needed to stop it.

Sith Happens
Just now, B4ev6is said:

Well if I remember right it was in 2017 going into 2018 when this mystery virus when poor people on that ship but for me if they just kepted them on it. But oh no they decided to let them off. I can remember saying back then it was air born when going through air vents to other passagers rooms.

They should made stay on there until the systems had gone. That's when we needed to stop it.

We didnt know about this until the end of december 2019.

Sith Happens
Just now, B4ev6is said:

Well I like if remember right

But got to agree that was when needed to act and stopped it there and then.

I dont know im not sure of the incident you refer to. I know people were kept on ships when the virus was discovered but im sure let off to go into self isolation at some point.

Just now, Sith Happens said:

I dont know im not sure of the incident you refer to. I know people were kept on ships when the virus was discovered but im sure let off to go into self isolation at some point.

They should been made go into self isolation there and then on the ship it self.

I dont pretend I total agree what goverment is doing to everyone.

I dont think face masks protect you but I think vicers work a lot better.

32 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Perhaps he’s just trying to make some sense out of things

Our hospital are coming under more pressure and in danger of being swamped, due to the increase in cases of coronavirus. Yet there is little mention of the Nightingale Hospitals being utilised. 

It appears we're struggling to find enough staff to man our existing hospitals never mind find any extra to staff the much vaunted Nightingale Hospitals.

Could these facilities actually be a white elephant and when first built were nothing more than a PR exercise by our government?

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

Our hospital are coming under more pressure and in danger of being swamped, due to the increase in cases of coronavirus. Yet there is little mention of the Nightingale Hospitals being utilised. 

It appears we're struggling to find enough staff to man our existing hospitals never mind find any extra to staff the much vaunted Nightingale Hospitals.

Could these facilities actually be a white elephant and when first built were nothing more than a PR exercise by our government?

They are being used ??

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

I think it’s a case of green lighting the contingency plan to use them. What they will do it close none essential parts of the NHS and send the doctors to the Nightingale hospitals. It won’t be a case of not enough staff it will be a reorganisation of resources. It happens in most companies when there is an emergency.
You see we don’t gear up for the worst case scenario because most people don’t want to pay for hundreds of doctors to sit around waiting for a pandemic they have contingencies to cope in these situations.

5 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

I'm guessing he's referring to the Diamond Princess... the first cruise ship to have a significant number of cases on board (late Jan, early Feb).

19 minutes ago, Archied said:

Same paper but more recent report;

“Meanwhile, emergency Nightingalehospitals across England are being “readied” for use if needed.

The NHS in London has been asked to make sure the Excel centre site is “reactivated and ready to admit patients” amid the struggle faced by the city’s healthcare workers.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/university-college-london-hospital-covid-only-icu-b611215.html

Who knows if they will ever be used though?!

Archived