Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Look after yourself buddy. Hope your Mum is feeling better soon too.

She cant even stand up at times when ever tries to do jobs she has to sit down and she getting really upset as she cant even take our little dog for walks even around the house she using my walking stick just move around.

This makes me so mad with doctoriea they dont give a damn.

3 hours ago, ramit said:

Speaking of Australia

Here's an interesting slip of the tongue

Leave it to these colonies to muck up a good plot

My word New South Wales is run by some truly incompetent people. This, from the people that brought you the Ruby Princess fiasco, where they let people straight off a cruise ship, into the general population, with no screening or controls, while they had confirmed and uncontrolled spread of the disease on the ship. The main body of the first wave in NSW can be almost entirely traced back to that moment. 

Better than Victoria, I guess, which had their second wave, the biggest in the country, started due to poor handling of their hotel quarantine, including hiring private security guards. 

10 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

I suppose that's what my "christ on a bike" was aimed at - we're damned if we do and damned if we don't

We're learning more and more about this new virus as time progresses. Maybe the biggest irony of all will be that we finally get a vaccine at the same time that we finally understand it and realise that we didn't even need a vaccine at all. We just needed to know how to manage the spread effectively

I guess it also proves that none of us can claim to know what the right thing to do is, because we don't understand the whole picture yet.

So why are we arguing?

Pint?

I've been thinking that for 2 or 3 months now. You can make a good case for either option.  It's a roll of the dice  

OTOH, you don't do what Trump has done and turn the safest house in the world into the epicenter of the capital. 

4 hours ago, ramit said:

Speaking of Australia

Here's an interesting slip of the tongue

Leave it to these colonies to muck up a good plot

And they wonder why we won’t open our borders to them. Just waiting for the tanks to roll across the Tweed River. I wonder whether Gladys and Morrison will keep whinging after the election? Bring on October 31.

14 hours ago, maxjam said:

well I guess there is an argument for lockdown there somewhere ?  @Norman

Lumping schools in with Universities just undermines the whole argument, though. In my experience, schools have been very good at managing kids' contact with each other.

The same can't be said for universities & students.

16 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

I guess it also proves that none of us can claim to know what the right thing to do is, because we don't understand the whole picture yet.

Including the government, presumably?.

I agree, BTW.

15 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Lumping schools in with Universities just undermines the whole argument, though. In my experience, schools have been very good at managing kids' contact with each other.

The same can't be said for universities & students.

Spot on.

8 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

How's this looking now? Do you have an up to date version? 

By specimen date, up to the 5th, noting that you should be cautious of thinking it's 'flattening' until it's done so for a few days, as samples with older specimen dates will still be added. 

image.thumb.png.95bfbb2a82225ad8e6b1030e987f543a.png

We can also look at this as a log plot:

image.thumb.png.a34c9f4b33c6208c38d54e1aee8c0845.png

Personally, that's too close to 'worst case' forecast for my tastes, but the doubling time, at the very least, is not 7 days. 

5 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I've been thinking that for 2 or 3 months now. You can make a good case for either option.  It's a roll of the dice  

OTOH, you don't do what Trump has done and turn the safest house in the world into the epicenter of the capital. 

You do if you are trying to portray yourself as Superman, I suppose.

39 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

How's this looking now? Do you have an up to date version? 

Not since the counting rooster up no. To make a point a need meaningful accurate data

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Not since the counting rooster up no. To make a point a need meaningful accurate data

So, when the had a balls up, and it showed, incorrectly, that the cases were flattening out, you were all keen to post every plot you could find. Now that this has been corrected, you're not going to? It's the same with the hospital data, it's mysteriously disappeared from here since it showed that the drop off was a blip. 

9 minutes ago, Albert said:

So, when the had a balls up, and it showed, incorrectly, that the cases were flattening out, you were all keen to post every plot you could find. Now that this has been corrected, you're not going to? It's the same with the hospital data, it's mysteriously disappeared from here since it showed that the drop off was a blip. 

Not really, as I quoted I’ll post meaningful data when I get it. I do find it extremely worrying that yourself @GboroRam@Eddie are loving the fact numbers are going up, how very very odd.
I can also counter argue and include data that backs up my original argument that we should lift restrictions ASAP before it’s too late for our Country to economically recover. Including the amount of positive cases that lead to absolutely nothing (not even a sniff) or the amount of cases coming from Universities where no one is sick.  Again I’ll state that I think it’s incredibly selfish of the few potentially effected to destroy the futures and life’s of the mass population that aren’t. 

6 hours ago, Stagtime said:

And they wonder why we won’t open our borders to them. Just waiting for the tanks to roll across the Tweed River. I wonder whether Gladys and Morrison will keep whinging after the election? Bring on October 31.

I thought Alan Hinton was in the USA

13 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Not really, as I quoted I’ll post meaningful data when I get it. I do find it extremely worrying that yourself @GboroRam@Eddie are loving the fact numbers are going up, how very very odd.
I can also counter argue and include data that backs up my original argument that we should lift restrictions ASAP before it’s too late for our Country to economically recover. Including the amount of positive cases that lead to absolutely nothing (not even a sniff) or the amount of cases coming from Universities where no one is sick.  Again I’ll state that I think it’s incredibly selfish of the few potentially effected to destroy the futures and life’s of the mass population that aren’t. 

If you actually read my posts you'd see that I'm actually extremely concerned that they're going up, and that this is visible on all metrics. It's also concerning that you've changed your tune from 'I'll just post the graphs' to 'I'll post meaningful data when I get it'. It's pretty clear to most what you're actually saying by that though. 

As noted before, your entire point is based on fringe science at best, pseudoscience at worst. As discussed, it's the disease, no lockdowns, destroying economies, as shown by countries that aren't using lockdowns also being impacted. You are, in essence, arguing a horrifically simplified view, and ignoring that 'vulnerable' in the sense of this virus is about half the population of the UK. If the aim is to 'lockdown the vulnerable', that would ultimately cost more than just locking down properly in the first place, and getting to the position that other countries have reached where they can live largely normally. 

Also, I'd ask why you think your future is worth more than people who are at a higher risk of death? Is that risk enough to justify your future as being worth more inherently? 

Archived