Coronavirus

1of4

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

I hope you’ve included yourself in that general population of selfish folk. I posted a reply to you on that topic, you see me as selfish for my view and I see you as selfish for your view. It’s all about personal circumstances. I think you’ve blocked me as I don’t agree with you or ass kiss you like so many on here, so you wouldn’t have read it anyway. 

In the first few weeks of lockdown I found myself forgetting the new normal at times. I'd be queueing to enter a shop and end up close to the person in front and then realise my mistake. People continue to make genuine mistakes and some people have zero tolerance for it. It's boring and smug. Like I've said before, I come into close contact with thousands of people a day. I don't see anyone genuinely being irresponsible. 

I even had a chat with a guy who got a chest infection the other week and tested negative for Covid, who said he still isolated. And he thinks the whole Covid  a lie, it isn't real,etc  Yet he still isolated, didn't want to go out in public and upset people and put them into a state if fear because he would have appeared to have Covid. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Absolutely. Politicians gotta blame those deaths on someone though!

I keep trying to stop lol

Would love to - with all the guys in here tbh, no matter what anyone thinks we're all Rams fans.  At some point in the near future we should all meet up after a match and have a beer!

Same. Be much more casual than this. But if it's after a game it's got to be after a thumping win. ?

I am so fed up of this I need to see a doctorie at hospit till next year my poor old mum needs help also but nobody can be arcesed to see her. Shutting pubs just because dont families meeting up. And they cancel pantiomines but london can have nut cracker at royal ablet hall with over 3k at attendance I wander why because populations attend them.

3 hours ago, maxjam said:

Absolutely. Politicians gotta blame those deaths on someone though!

I keep trying to stop lol

Would love to - with all the guys in here tbh, no matter what anyone thinks we're all Rams fans.  At some point in the near future we should all meet up after a match and have a beer!

If Australia is so great, perhaps @Albert and @Stagtime should invite us all out there (and pay of course!)

38 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Pffft, they're all the offspring of criminals.  And they've got deadly spiders n snakes.  And dingo's.

All expenses you say? I've always liked Australia..

They should come over here then.

Isn't it said that criminals always return to the scene of the crime?

?

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

If Australia is so great, perhaps @Albert and @Stagtime should invite us all out there (and pay of course!)

If want you want is the best control of the pandemic, I'd suggest New Zealand. 

44 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Pffft, they're all the offspring of criminals.  And they've got deadly spiders n snakes.  And dingo's.

As a fun aside, did you know that about 4% of Australia's population was born in the UK? 

Another one is that speaking with elderly people around my area of Adelaide, they tend to associate areas with high petty crime (which is comically low in general) with high numbers of English migrants, which I've always found amusing, particularly because of who they're saying it to. 

4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I am so fed up of this I need to see a doctorie at hospit till next year my poor old mum needs help also but nobody can be arcesed to see her. Shutting pubs just because dont families meeting up. And they cancel pantiomines but london can have nut cracker at royal ablet hall with over 3k at attendance I wander why because populations attend them.

This is exactly the point, the UK's response is inconsistent, and quite frankly insulting to many who have indeed cooperated from the start. 'Rules for thee, but not for me', feels very much at play. 

The government needs to sort themselves out, and quickly. 

8 hours ago, maxjam said:

Nope, although I am not entirely disagreeing with everything you said. 

Without continuing to go around and around in circles the evidence in the UK has shown us for whatever reason that the lockdown didn't work.  I'm not saying that we lift the Swedish model and drop it into the UK and everything will be perfect, I am saying that the Swedish approach is more of one of learning to live with the virus and not hide from it - something that we should adopt here.

Sweden took their hit at the beginning and despite rising cases again estimates suggest that they won't see massive secondary spikes as we're seeing in the UK, France, Italy etc.  Their health service won't buckle under the pressure and the economy won't be hit as hard. 

The UK on the other hand, with its current approach will lurch from lockdown to lockdown, devastating the economy and storing up future additional deaths and misery etc until we achieve herd immunity anyway.

The lockdowns did work, the first wave was indeed arrested, the main issue seems to be, however, that the UK has no clear strategy, and is doing things quite inconsistently. It's interesting that the talking point in the UK is moving to 'proven method simply doesn't work here'. 

Sweden is getting a secondary spike beginning as we speak, and it's not a small one by any means already. Given the kinds of restrictions they use, it shouldn't get completely out of control, but the suggestion that a second wave wouldn't happen for them has already been shown to be false. 

I agree, the UK's current approach is unsustainable, and terribly thought through. The UK needs a clear strategy to get out of this. 'Current, but with no lockdowns' isn't a clear strategy, and it's not the Swedish model either. I think many would be surprised if the UK actually followed their model, as many things that people are demanding simply couldn't happen, and it is still leading to all the issues that some others have been blaming on the lockdowns, eg less preventative and elective medicine, etc. 

8 hours ago, TexasRam said:

We’ll agree to disagree and you seem disconnected with reality in the UK at present. Adapting a different model has been advocated by around 4000 Scientists today, I guess they are not as smart as you. I’ll pick you up on one point, the disease will not kill the economy or the social fabric of the Country (sports, the arts, social clubs etc etc) what we are doing continuing enforcing restrictions will. Also do some research on Sweden, the prediction for their economy in Q4 and 2021 is set outstrip 2019 and also other major Countries in Europe (I deal with then on a daily basis so have some knowledge of this). 

Im going to leave it there with you as to be honest your posts bore the tits of me. Take care, stay safe and enjoy the wonderful Country which you reside, I for one am jealous and wouldn’t be spending my time on a Football forum debating with us clowns on Covid, I’d most definitely be enjoying my life outside doing stuff.  Texas X 

The great Barrington declaration again? You know that '4000 scientists' isn't a lot right? It's a fringe movement, based on assumptions about the virus that may well be completely false. It's aim is also effectively leaving a huge fraction of the population to suffer one way or another, so similarly sized fraction can be back to a new normal; all kinds of ethical challenges, etc in that before even getting into the question of whether it will be beneficial overall. 

Good to hear some are predicting improvements for Sweden. You'd think, given what you argue about their strategy, that they'd have seen improvements from the start, rather than just vague predictions through future months. It'll be interesting to see if that works out. Would be interesting to see your source on that nonetheless. 

4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

They cancel pantiomines but london can have nut cracker at royal ablet hall with over 3k at attendance I wander why because populations attend them.

Say what you really think about Ballet buddy. Don’t tip toe around.

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

I’m up in Port Douglas at the moment and spiders and snakes are the least of your problems. That sign is a croc warning sign!925673BC-0EE4-487A-9DD6-2EE9A0302874.thumb.jpeg.34fd91b23a8ea523b2cf67bc3b93fac3.jpegEC10D33C-BFA1-4FCB-A610-9A6C1F553A45.thumb.jpeg.e5673c035ef7fc0b67ca9b7d4e8e7f72.jpeg

59 minutes ago, Eddie said:

They should come over here then.

Isn't it said that criminals always return to the scene of the crime?

?

Eddie, we were supposed to be flying over on October 7 for the foreseeable future. The plan was Edinburgh till January then look for a place we could renovate somewhere around Darley Abbey after that. Now where stuck with lounging around in Far North Queensland.

58 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

Eddie, we were supposed to be flying over on October 7 for the foreseeable future. The plan was Edinburgh till January then look for a place we could renovate somewhere around Darley Abbey after that. Now where stuck with lounging around in Far North Queensland.

Really sorry about that.

Archived