Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

Had some good information this week re coronavirus from my doctor

It is important to look after your immune system,it is important to take vitamin C ,vit D3 and zinc all available from Holland and Barrett,they also stock a product called Sambucol,a ready made immune system supplement

If you have anyone near and dear over 60 years old please tell them

The more we can do to protect each other the better

These are pretty good as well ?

image.png.3f5f78d16efd0a78e75ac4180bbb04d5.png

53 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Currently stuck in an online queue to do the shopping with Ocado.

If they're out of foie gras I'm going to be most upset.

It was out of stock at our local Waitrose yesterday. It’s beginning to stick in my throat these food shortages.

9 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

It was out of stock at our local Waitrose yesterday. It’s beginning to stick in my throat these food shortages.

No deliveries until next Tuesday for me... One is not amused. Going to have to slum it and venture out to the Co-op with the Proles.

25 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

We will have a judgement call here from the doctors. Those who in their opinion have the most serious symptoms - Coronavirus or whatever ailment it happens to be - will receive priority. Ventilators for example will be a judgement call. What's to say though that those with severe symptoms who have coronavirus that it's the underlying health issues that are the problem and not the coronavirus? Quite clearly the statistics show that the vast bulk of the people suffering are over 80. It's not hard to work out why. People's immune systems weaken as they become older and they are open to all sorts of ailments, Surely the winter flu which I'd imagine probably claims upwards of 15,000 people each year, and I'd imagine mostly in the elderly bracket, must be of greater concern but no one seems to care about this.

But I thought you believed that the virus may be no more serious than the common cold?

I don’t think (IMO) that there is any doubt that those with underlying health issues are the ones at risk. I think it has been said many times that for the vast majority CV will not be serious and most will just recover without requiring medical attention. Hence the policy to ask people to self isolate initially rather than ring 111 or visit the medical services.

So, two questions for you again. Firstly, if it’s no more serious than the common cold, where are all these cases requiring the NHS services going to come from? Secondly, if it is serious for those with underlying medical conditions, how can the government policy be to blame for the NHS services being stretched? I don’t think anyone is suggesting that if you arrive at A&E or call for an ambulance the medics are going to check you for CV before deciding whether to treat you or not. 

i think you have actually contradicted yourself with the comment “those that have the most serious symptoms - CV or not, will be given priority”. 

56 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

Had some good information this week re coronavirus from my doctor

It is important to look after your immune system,it is important to take vitamin C ,vit D3 and zinc all available from Holland and Barrett,they also stock a product called Sambucol,a ready made immune system supplement

If you have anyone near and dear over 60 years old please tell them

The more we can do to protect each other the better

Also, on the radio this morning, should be stating the obvious really but, some people do get a little lapse and complacent. If your asthma is serious enough to be prescribed a preventative inhaler, make sure you’re using it to keep your lungs and airways in the best possible condition. 

19 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

No because everyone who is in a serious condition and has coronavirus, it will be assumed that coronavirus is the cause.

I don't know why you are obsessing about this. It's not a tough concept to grasp.

Underlying health condition means something that is serious but not imminently life-threatening and manageable in normal circumstances.
But catching CV changes the stakes, and the underlying condition means your body is not able to fend off the virus and you die. Of the virus

If a paranoid schizophrenic randomly attacked me in the street, and in defending myself I punch him and cause him to have a brain haemorraghe and die  -no one is going to say "he died of paranoia schizophrenia"

1 minute ago, Van Cone De Head said:

We were due in tomorrow,after much discussion it was postponed due to his serious underlying health condition simply due to the risk of him going in to hospital.

Hope things stay well with you all - take care, you've seen how crazy things can get.

ps have you any spare chickpeas? 

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

These underlying health issues as you put them aren't life threatening. Do you actually hand on heart believe that?

100%. I have underlying conditions but managed correctly i could live a full long life...yet get this and i may not.....its simple really.

Sith Happens
Just now, smiths_tavrn said:

But you said you had cancer Paul and I'm sorry the hear that. But to suggest that cancer is not life threatening. I'm sorry but I'm not buying that.

I dont get your point....so are you saying i get CV and die its likely to be down to my conditions rather than CV?

5 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

These underlying health issues as you put them aren't life threatening. Do you actually hand on heart believe that?

My wife suffers from rheumatoid arthritis, and my son is asthmatic, both of them take medication to cope with their illnesses.  And so far, touch wood, neither of them have died from contracting normal flu, or as you call it, a bit of a sniffle...

Archived