Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, ramit said:

The surprising thing for me is anyone being surprised at this kind of anti social behavior

We reap what we sow, people

I’m not anti-capitalism, but I’ve seen people trying to twist those sort of pictures into examples of what life would be like under a Corbyn government. Are they thick? This is literally happening now, under this government. 

10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’m not anti-capitalism, but I’ve seen people trying to twist those sort of pictures into examples of what life would be like under a Corbyn government. Are they thick? This is literally happening now, under this government. 

The picture isn't even that bad though. The delivery is on the floor. 

It's what my aisle at Asda looked like when I did nights whilst at uni. 

If that's 1pm in the afternoon fair enough. If that's 9.30pm and night staff are lobbing the delivery on the floor of where it goes in the shelves, then not so. 

In fact 2 delivery cages are down the aisle. The only thing that shouldn't be there is the empty trolley. 

No big deal. duck using it as an excuse to bash any government. 

4 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Oh dear, what utter dribble. Selfishness, greed and the cult of the individual. only exist under capitalism. They exist under any economic system going. It's called human nature. That John Wright bloke needs to give his head a wobble.

You mean drivel?

i would suggest that it's human nature to work together, rather than raising one hand against the other

The flip side of supermarket selfishness is the growing number of support groups on social media to help those who might struggle during periods of isolation.

I hope that this part of humanity becomes more evident and gets reported rather than giving the impression the apocalypse has begun.

6 hours ago, ramit said:

The surprising thing for me is anyone being surprised at this kind of anti social behavior

We reap what we sow, people

Under capitalism, it's newsworthy when the shop shelves are empty. Under communism, it's newsworthy when they're stocked.

13 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

Stores opening up an hour early for pensioners and disabled only from this week over here mate. Great decision. At least they get in when everything has been cleaned.

That’s good mate.

We open an hour early this week for certain groups.

My mate who lives on Mount View Road Samford (is that where you live?)is not happy ,he’s got no bog roll?

Sith Happens
6 hours ago, ramit said:

Bog roll fever hits Australia

Was the Australians who started the bog roll rush wasnt it? I think its because they like to keep it clean down under....

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Van Cone De Head said:

That’s good mate.

My mate who lives on Mount View Road Samford (is that where you live?)is not happy ,he’s got no bog roll?

He'd best go pick some dock leafs then....

On 13/03/2020 at 10:19, inter politics said:

I see the chief science adviser is supposedly saying you have more chance of catching this in a pub (more closed space) than a stadium. That's great but a lot of folk make social days of trips to stadiums, hence the requirement to cancel events. It's rather concerning who silly Boris has working around him.

How do you know the chief science adviser is right and Boris' advisers wrong?

10 hours ago, smiths_tavrn said:

I never mentioned diverting resources. They are your words not mine. I said resources would be more thinly spread. Stands to reason does it not? Extra workload with the same amount of resources. Things are bound to be more thinly spread. Here is the quote. "Too many resources are being allocated to coronavirus which IMO is relatively harmless and because resources are being stretched those with more critical medical issues will as a consequence not receive the same medical attention. Everything gets more thinly spread. Therefore the governments policy in all of this is to the detriment not the benefit of society as a whole."  

Thanks for replying, I genuinely do appreciate it.

Surely, it amounts to the same thing. Spreading resources more thinly must mean diverting resources away from where it was originally being allocated.

But the governments policy is to NOT allocate resources to people that only display mild symptoms. Therefore focusing on those with serious symptoms. Consequently, if resources are spread more thinly it is because of the seriousness of the virus not government policy. However, as you think the virus is probably no more serious than the common cold, this isn’t going to happen. Correct? Are you suggesting the government should adopt a different policy and, if so, what?

Yes, the NHS will be under tremendous pressure but I have not seen anywhere that treatment of those with other critical conditions is at risk but rather those with minor illnesses and requiring routine operations for example my own hernia repair.

I look forward to your reply.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

The flip side of supermarket selfishness is the growing number of support groups on social media to help those who might struggle during periods of isolation.

I hope that this part of humanity becomes more evident and gets reported rather than giving the impression the apocalypse has begun.

Was about to say the same thing. Our local Facebook group for Covid-19 help is really heart-warming to see in these uncertain times.

No morons trying to downplay it, deny it or be cynical about it. Just people offering to help, or asking for help.

Did my anxiety levels about the whole thing a lot of good. We're all in it together people

1 hour ago, Van Cone De Head said:

That’s good mate.

Yeah mate,  we’re in the Village itself now. Still don’t get the bog roll blues. This sums it up for me.E0C26A69-AD0F-4BE1-85B7-C0C6A969A020.jpeg.f82add689cce65675f35f4cb78bd738d.jpeg

8 hours ago, Norman said:

The picture isn't even that bad though. The delivery is on the floor. 

It's what my aisle at Asda looked like when I did nights whilst at uni. 

If that's 1pm in the afternoon fair enough. If that's 9.30pm and night staff are lobbing the delivery on the floor of where it goes in the shelves, then not so. 

In fact 2 delivery cages are down the aisle. The only thing that shouldn't be there is the empty trolley. 

No big deal. duck using it as an excuse to bash any government. 

Yeah, I wasn’t attacking the Tories either. I was just pointing out the rank stupidity of those saying that this is what a Corbyn government would look like, when it’s quite literally what a Johnson government looks like, albeit in one snapshot, probably taken massively out of context (as you point out) in the middle of the biggest health crisis in a generation.

Archived