Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You know when you look around at the selfishness and stupidity of people don't you think Coronavirus might be the good guy in all this. 

On black Friday you have them physically fighting over teles. 

Now they're fighting over hand soap and toilet roll. 

Anyone else struggling to feel concern for the general public? 

I mean if there was s a virus to end the world I don't think this fantasy civilised country we live in would hold up. I picture people trampling on kids to get to safety. 

Ah well, this will all be done with in 6 months and everyone can go back to pretending they aren't Bamfords. 

I'll be going to the shop later to buy 4 bog rolls. Just 4. My regular weekly use in my house. I could buy 40 but I'm not a ducking *********

We went to the supermarket last night because we just got back from holiday and have nothing in the house. There was nothing there, no crapper paper, no meat, no veg of any kind etc etc

It just made me sad for the human race that people are so selfish that they will buy bags and bags of potatoes and not leave any for anyone else. Really shows peoples true colors. 
we just picked up our normal weekly shop and left the madness as quickly as possible  

The best thing is that there was a full shelf of “real” baked beans...because they don’t know they are the elixir of life over here.! 

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

We went to the supermarket last night because we just got back from holiday and have nothing in the house. There was nothing there, no crapper paper, no meat, no veg of any kind etc etc

It just made me sad for the human race that people are so selfish that they will buy bags and bags of potatoes and not leave any for anyone else. Really shows peoples true colors. 
we just picked up our normal weekly shop and left the madness as quickly as possible  

The best thing is that there was a full shelf of “real” baked beans...because they don’t know they are the elixir of life over here.! 

The media really has to look at itself for the scaremongering they have been complicit in.

But you are right its so sad to see. We haven't done anything any different and have got what we need.

There is only so many times i can wash my hands and wipe my arse.

Sith Happens
24 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

??

Looking at his belly i think he could have managed it naturally 

16 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Worst thing about it is that most of it will go to waste. Dunno who these big panic buyers cos I've not met any. 

Sith Happens
Just now, alexxxxx said:

Worst thing about it is that most of it will go to waste. Dunno who these big panic buyers cos I've not met any. 

Nor me.  Imagine all that waste it's shocking. 

1 hour ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Massive queues this morning and I had to stop 2 grown men killing each other over pushing in the queue to get in...ffs.

Lots of limits on what you can buy but had most stuff.

These people who are panic buying. Absolute dick heads.

1 hour ago, alexxxxx said:

Do you know, I have. 

The missus mate went to do a normal shop. It was a normal shop but she bought an extra pack of toilet rolls because panic buyers are buying too much and she wants to make sure she has some.

She's not a panic buyer. She's just taking precautions against them.

I mean what do you say to that? If they can't hear the stupidity screaming out of their explanation then what more can you do for them? 

I'm not saying I want her to catch coronavirus. I'm saying she's taken precautions so, you know? Maybe just a brief harmless visit? Justify the panic buy, you know? 

Is that mean?

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not in that order I hope 

Why not apparently hands are the most important things to keep clean,  don't want an itchy arse do i

This thread gives you a bit of faith in humanity. All week I've been feeling like we're the only family that isn't panic buying. 

At least here you can see there are others scratching their heads at the disgusting selfishness of our civilised society. The complete stupidity. 

It's insane and very scary the way people behave. 

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Do you know, I have. 

The missus mate went to do a normal shop. It was a normal shop but she bought an extra pack of toilet rolls because panic buyers are buying too much and she wants to make sure she has some.

I mean what do you say to that? If they can't hear the stupidity screaming out of their explanation then what more can you do for them? 

I'm not saying I want her to catch coronavirus. I'm saying she's taken precautions so, you know? Maybe just a brief harmless visit? Justify the panic buy, you know? 

Is that mean?

I think you are beginning to lose it buddy ?  Still an enjoyable read that made me smile, but your Missus buying one extra pack of toilet rolls seems pretty sensible to me.  Cut her a little slack on the stupidity front.

15 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Do you know, I have. 

Is that mean?

yeah i mean i expect some stuff to go or be shortage but in my local supermarket, some normally unpopular itemshad all disappeared. Polenta for example, cous-cous, almost all the breakfast cereal, no soap left, no paracetamol, canned food basically all gone. Barely any meat left at all. Madness.

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

No tins of baked beans or chopped tomatoes on the shelves now ?‍♂️

Went into aldi today to buy a pack of spaghetti and a couple of tins of tomatoes (fat chance). Saw a twit loading his trolley with 2 trays, 48 tins, of their economy spaghetti hoops. He looked up and I just shook my head at him. I pity his dinner party guests for the next year or so. Bamfords.

Archived