v Swansea (A) - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Millenniumram said:

How’s that an oops? We scored from a set piece. Doesn’t defend the negative subs yet again by Cocu. We wouldn’t be in this position if he had the balls to send the team out with a positive mentality after we’ve taken the lead. It’s always hold what we have away from home, and that’s why we constantly throw leads away and can’t buy a win.

The way it was going Bogle was in for another red card so made sense to take him off, move Wisdom to RB and bring on another central defender.

Great play from Derby finds Forsyth in behind and he's furious with himself as he tries to find Waghorn. Should have shot and he knows it.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

How’s that an oops? We scored from a set piece. Doesn’t defend the negative subs yet again by Cocu. We wouldn’t be in this position if he had the balls to send the team out with a positive mentality after we’ve taken the lead. It’s always hold what we have away from home, and that’s why we constantly throw leads away and can’t buy a win.

Swansea have a ton of pace, going too attacking or pushing our players too far up the pitch would be suicide.

We've had chances, played some good stuff going forwards. The balance / tactics today aren't really an issue.

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

The way it was going Bogle was in for another red card so made sense to take him off, move Wisdom to RB and bring on another central defender.

Don’t be daft

Get all the strikers on. Any semblance of a system is not needed as soon as we go 2-1 down, as shown by the frankly pathetic equaliser which came from a set piece so doesn’t actually count

Just now, nottingram said:

Do goals from set pieces only count when the other team get them then?

No, where on Earth have I said that? The point is you can score from a set piece no matter who’s on the field. It’s good news for us, but it doesn’t justify putting on 2 defensive subs at 2-1 down.

Just now, ossieram said:

You would have been happy to see Bogle get a red and see us go to 10 men then?

Oh yes, because that's what I said. That's such a dumb take away. You can sub Bogle off for a striker, and go more offensive, it's not a binary ''keep Bogle or do what Cocu did''.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I stand by my point, it's still negative to put a holding mid and a centre half on when you're 2-1 down. 

One was enforced (Bogle) and the other added energy into our midfield. Bringing a forward on would have given complete control of the game over to Swansea due to a lack of a midfield

Just now, Andicis said:

Oh yes, because that's what I said. That's such a dumb take away. You can sub Bogle off for a striker, and go more offensive, it's not a binary ''keep Bogle or do what Cocu did''.

But you made it sound like a negative that Bogle came off for Curtis and it shouldn't have happened. In reality Curtis replaced Wisdom as CB and Wisdom replaced Bogle and we are playing with the same formation with less chance of a red card.

Just now, superzak said:

every time the football managers on here have a collective moan we score....go on keep moaning lol

I'm all for a good moan (half of my posts on here are probably me whinging about something to do with Derby) but during games it turns into one big 'I told you so,' when we score or concede. 

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

One was enforced (Bogle) and the other added energy into our midfield. Bringing a forward on would have given complete control of the game over to Swansea due to a lack of a midfield

What use is controlling a game if you can't score? 

1 minute ago, superzak said:

every time the football managers on here have a collective moan we score....go on keep moaning lol

That Rooney fella is a total waste of space, where did we get him from, never be a footballer whilst I've got a hole in me backside!! 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

No, where on Earth have I said that? The point is you can score from a set piece no matter who’s on the field. It’s good news for us, but it doesn’t justify putting on 2 defensive subs at 2-1 down.

Well it does because we scored about five minutes later. Loads of people have explained exactly why the change was made (won’t speak for Shinnie on but assume Rooney has gone up front?) and yet you still claim it wasn’t justified

Archived