Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

2 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Probably Lee Gregory on loan. ?

Imagine. I think I'd be sick.

Its gonna be a big lad I would think. We haven't got anyone who can hold the ball up. 

I'd be tempted with Woodrow at Barnsley. Only 25. 

28 goals in 61 games.

Can't imagine he'd be overly expensive?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I take issue with this - If you'd said "during Cocu's time at the club" I'd be fine - But I don't believe Cocu would have been the catalyst for either of those things

As another poster pointed out the Rooney money is covered by increased sponsorship so not really a risk

I also think Bielik would have been in the works for a while - You don't spend that much money on a single player within a month of arriving at a club when you've been very open about taking time to assess the players - That will have been put into motion under Lampard months previous and resolved after Cocu arrived

Other than that all Cocu has done is blood young talent and try to shift players who no longer have a role here - His ability to pick players out of the youth setup and get the best out of them shows he can identify talent and the right role for them pretty quickly and I feel good about his potential to sign players

No one is pretending we have mega money to spend but I think we'll see 2/3 new faces before the transfer window closes

While I agree that both the Bielik and Rooney deals were not personally put forward by Cocu, he and his staff would have been asked for their input and had the final say, surely?

If Cocu says no, neither of these deals happen.

After all, if I was the manager, I wouldn’t want players being signed without my approval. So why would Cocu be any different?

The point is that irrespective of who is the manager and irrespective of said manager’s merits in the transfer market, our financial situation is too delicate to be spending millions here and there.

If we are losing £2-3 million a month, logic dictates that we would look after that first and then go from there. The money from the Bogle and Lowe deal could bring some much needed relief in that sense.

I honestly think it will be one marquee signing through the door for £3-4m or less and then the rest will be loans or free transfers.

If I am wrong, then I will hold my hands up and apologise.

32 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I wouldn't mind us getting Harry Pickering in from Crewe. I've never seen him play, but he's got a lot of plaudits at the lower level and he's got age on his side. He seems like a very promising player and as history shows, right now: there will be a number of future Premier League players plying their trade in League's One and Two. 

You must work for the recruitment team! ?

32 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Considering we seem fairly confident of getting a striker in before Saturday. I can't honestly think of us being linked with anyone?

Who's everyone's money on? Or aho would you go for?

It'll be something out the blue. Just like Marshall and te Wierik was. Seems like the only leaks at the moment are from the selling club - if Jozwiak happens then we know all the leaks were Poznan's side as no UK journo knows anything about it.

12 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

While I agree that both the Bielik and Rooney deals were not personally put forward by Cocu, he and his staff would have been asked for their input and had the final say, surely?

No I agree that he would have had a say in it - But at the same time the Bielik one would have to be a little more done on faith that the club, the recruitment staff and everyone before he arrived had done their sue diligence - I think it would have been more "I can't see anything wrong with this" than "this is a player I know about and have researched properly and we should be after"

14 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

If we are losing £2-3 million a month, logic dictates that we would look after that first and then go from there. The money from the Bogle and Lowe deal could bring some much needed relief in that sense.

I honestly think it will be one marquee signing through the door for £3-4m or less and then the rest will be loans or free transfers.

I doubt we're losing that much a month - I would imagine the volume of senior players who have left over the last year or so will have made a huge dent in that

I also suspect we'll spend less this season than we make in transfer fees - And I'd definitely see us bringing in at least one loaner - But I think if we need to spend £3/4m per player on a couple then I think we will

That said - We could end up landing an absolute bargain out of nowhere - They're still available every now and then (take a bow Duane Holmes)

29 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

A disposable income of £450 a week out of £9000?! Where the hell does the rest of it go?! 

I can't help but think that is a typo - £900 more likely than £9,000. A young pro even at Derby won't be on much more than £50k a year plus bonuses - which could well be very lucrative.

Doesn't matter now. He's no doubt just secured his family for life. Four year contract with a Premier League club must be worth at least £5m if he sees it through.

43 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Considering we seem fairly confident of getting a striker in before Saturday. I can't honestly think of us being linked with anyone?

Who's everyone's money on? Or aho would you go for?

Rhian Brewster on loan but not sure what plans klippity has for him.

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

I think he would be on more than that, also who in their right mind would put their hand up and say yes I'm on that?

20-year-old Matty Longstaff, brother of Sean at Newcastle, he turned down their offer of a new contract despite having broken into their first-team squad and started a handful of games. His wages were £850-a-week (44k). He is two years older than Bogle and at a Premier League club. That should give a more realistic benchmark of what some earn. Longstaff also donated 30% of his wages to the NHS fund. Not every player is on the wages many think they are.

13 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

20-year-old Matty Longstaff, brother of Sean at Newcastle, he turned down their offer of a new contract despite having broken into their first-team squad and started a handful of games. His wages were £850-a-week (44k). He is two years older than Bogle and at a Premier League club. That should give a more realistic benchmark of what some earn. Longstaff also donated 30% of his wages to the NHS fund. Not every player is on the wages many think they are.

ok, I would have thought players that are in and around the first team in the prem would get more, also first team players in the Champ (Bogle/DCFC) would as well. I stand corrected and I have to say a little shocked. 

4 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Thing is, the last time we did that, we ended up with Malone, Jozefzoon, Marriott and Waghorn.

I really don’t think it would be wise of us to spend £10 million on players when the club is losing money at eye watering rates and when we can’t be confident in the recruitment team to identify quality additions.

Jozwiak, as an example, is a complete unknown. Yes, he is a Polish international and he looks to have everything we need on paper, but with our luck, he’ll be Andi Weimann 2.0 and not the one who scored for fun at Bristol City.

I still think we are going to be looking at loans and free/nominal transfers primarily, and with our track record, that’s probably good.

lets hope Mel isnt a religious worrier

for the bible says that it is easier for a Kamil to pass through the eye of a needle, than it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven....

?

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

I can't help but think that is a typo - £900 more likely than £9,000. A young pro even at Derby won't be on much more than £50k a year plus bonuses - which could well be very lucrative.

Doesn't matter now. He's no doubt just secured his family for life. Four year contract with a Premier League club must be worth at least £5m if he sees it through.

I know young pros in league 2 on 1k a week, he will be on more then 50k a year 100%

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Sounds promising now this does. I think it's definitely happening.

Also I highly doubt anyone would expect us to spend the full amount we get for Bogle and Lowe on new players.

If we get £15 million. Spend £3 on Jozwiak, £2-3 on a striker. £1 million on a RB (Byrne), another winger on loan.

We've probably spent half the funds. 

IMO I'd get a LB in on loan to challenge Buchanan. 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fee-bogle-lowe-not-change-4491746.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Not sure we’ll get Jozwiak for 3 pounds but you can only ask I guess 

38 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

lets hope Mel isnt a religious worrier

for the bible says that it is easier for a Kamil to pass through the eye of a needle, than it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven....

?

I had a dodgy curry on Saturday and that was like doing something through an eye of a needle  

19 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

I know young pros in league 2 on 1k a week, he will be on more then 50k a year 100%

I'd suggest the majority of young pros in League 2 are part-timers, those still teenagers and will be earning the minimum wage. The most I can see any player in that division earns right now is £3,450 a week. The overall average in that division is confirmed at £2,191 a week. How many of a squad that includesI don't know. Diego Capel was offered £15,000-a-week deal by Notts County in 2018!

Archived