What a stinker of a year

MackworthRamIsGod

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

We relied on the likes of Ince, Vydra, Mount and Wilson to bag goals from nowhere way too often

I know I'm very much a Rowett apologist, but I would say that Vydra's goals were a product of the system he was put in. If he had been put in a system that didn't suit him, he wouldn't have 'bailed us out' like the others did, aside from his good penalty record. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, David said:

Stopped reading here. You do that to yourself, same in every transfer window, go all giddy over the weakest of rumours from any bedroom blogger and think we are looking to sign them, throwing the recruitment team under the bus when they don’t happen. 

If that’s part of why it’s been a stinker of a season or year, which ever you’re running with I’d say it’s not been that bad at all then.

Why bother to comment then if you didn't bother to read the full post?

I do get excited during the transfer window, it is an exciting time, however, our recruitment team (whomever they are), deserve every little bit of stick they get.

With that in mind, earlier in the year you asked for questions to be asked at a Charter meeting, I asked a question (which got the most positive responses), it asked, who are the recruitment team, how are they made up, how do they identify a player, scout a player and how they think they stack up against other clubs in the championship?

A very well worded, constructive question that I know a lot of people would like to know the answer to.

To date I'm not aware that an answer was given (apologies if so). I was hoping that question would have gone some way to explain why things from the outside seem the complete opposite of a Brentford.

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

(Assuming that was aimed at me... despite the lack of a quote)...

1/  You are correct.  In amongst all the doom and gloom (of your opening post), despite physically reading it, I did indeed "fail to see" the positive slant of your post, namely the comment about us being only 8 points off Play-Offs despite everything.  I should concentrate more.  You have me Bang to rights!

2/  My previous post (to which you refer) was probably the first on here where I have made no attempt at a funny remark.  Either you chose not to read it properly, or you missed the point!

3/  I haven't witnessed anyone "freaking out", so cannot comment.

4/  Whilst I wouldn't describe myself as "fragile" regarding DCFC-related negativity, I do believe I know where the importance of DCFC lies, within my own life, and all things considered, it's not that high.  My own view is that things ain't all that bad, here in DCFC land.  They could certainly be a lot worse.  I appreciate many folk take a different outlook on life (and their football club), and I appreciate I may not be considered a full fan, in some peoples eyes.

5/ I say again unto thee, my friend... Chill, Dude!

Apologies, not aimed at you as a singular, I never try to engage in forum spats, nor take anything on here to heart.

We all share a common interest.

27 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Why bother to comment then if you didn't bother to read the full post?

I wanted to comment on the bit I did read.

27 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I do get excited during the transfer window, it is an exciting time, however, our recruitment team (whomever they are), deserve every little bit of stick they get.

With that in mind, earlier in the year you asked for questions to be asked at a Charter meeting, I asked a question (which got the most positive responses), it asked, who are the recruitment team, how are they made up, how do they identify a player, scout a player and how they think they stack up against other clubs in the championship?

A very well worded, constructive question that I know a lot of people would like to know the answer to.

To date I'm not aware that an answer was given (apologies if so). I was hoping that question would have gone some way to explain why things from the outside seem the complete opposite of a Brentford.

I have posted all minutes from the meetings that have been sent to me. There is no guarantees that all questions submitted will be answered, but if it was a top voted I would have submitted it.

A stinker of a season, or a year? I very much enjoyed the football under Frank. It gave me my favourite Derby game ever.

I know this is a negative thread and all, but hey we had Jayden Bogle, Max Lowe, Max Bird and Jason Knight break through, with Sibley starting to get a chance with the first team too.

Our youth team won the under 18's league, and our Under 23's are now doing brilliantly. If you focus purely on the negatives you can make any year look bad, but there was definitely some good things to come from it.

14 hours ago, David said:

Stopped reading here. You do that to yourself, same in every transfer window, go all giddy over the weakest of rumours from any bedroom blogger and think we are looking to sign them, throwing the recruitment team under the bus when they don’t happen. 

If that’s part of why it’s been a stinker of a season or year, which ever you’re running with I’d say it’s not been that bad at all then.

Could have been worse... We could have signed Chris Weale.

On 15/01/2020 at 22:28, MackworthRamIsGod said:

In the grand scheme of things, it as been a pretty poor season so far. 

After losing at Wembley, we then lose Frank, Cocu arrives during a poorly times/arranged pre-season tour to the states, we have the excitement of signing Rooney, only to be told he cannot play until Jan. We have the excitement of the final days of the transfer window, will it be Ramsalaar, will it be Ibe? Nope, it was Paterson. 

Gibson of Boro forces the EFA to investigate Derby over the stadium sale (as yet to be decided), negative press follows.

Wayne Rooney deal brings controversy over 32Red, another investigation begins, negative press follows.

Keogh, Bennett and Lawrence then bring shame on the club, Keogh our captain sustains a serious career threatening injury. Fans call for all 3 to be sacked and to never play for the club again. The press praise Derby and Cocu for the way they handled the situation. That was until Lawrence and Bennett played the very next game against Barnsley, negative press follows.

Keogh is sacked. Keogh takes Derby to a tribunal (decision not yet decided).

Huddlestone suffers injury against Barnsley, out for 2 months.

Clarke suffers injury, out for 2 months.

Evan's injury, out for months.

Bennett injury, made of glass.

Marriott, Tiger Woods' caddy

Positivity surrounds new investment, due by the end of year, it doesnt materialise, players are paid late, negative press follows.

Bielek now out for months and agent negative against Derby.

I'm struggling to remember a season in the 25 years I've followed the Rams that was as turbulent as this, the second season under the 3 amigos was up there. Anyone remember a season like this?

All of the negativity this season, the bad luck that Cocs has had to endure and yet we are 8 points from the playoffs. Imagine if we had a fully fit squad and was free of all the drama.

Sorry, and now to add to the disastrous year, I've gone and put this in the wrong place. 

The Maxwell era.

Clough & Taylor resigning (I can only just remember that ?).

The club has been shaken to its core this season.

I’m optimistic though that we have something special in Cocu 

Archived