Harry and Meghan

RamNut

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Are the Royals not financially independent? 

Can't be can they. Have you seen how much Universal Credit the head of the royal family is claiming for her and her brood and as for that council house she lives in.

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

They live in Buckingham Palace which, I believe, is essentially owned by the State.

Like a council house. So she doesn't own it, she lives in it and would have to leave if she wasn't queen. 

And that makes people angry. 

I think I just lack the energy to get angry about someone living in a big house. 

10 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Can't be can they. Have you seen how much Universal Credit the head of the royal family is claiming for her and her brood and as for that council house she lives in.

Living in a house they don't own claiming universal credit!! Who else could do such a thing? Damn her and her ancestors. 

I've always been a monarchist and always will be.

The Queen will not live forever and I would love William to be her immediate successor.

As far as Harry and Megan are concerned I didn't like having a £2million bill for improving a perfectly reasonable Frogmore Cottage and élite travel to various parts of the world.

To now be told that they wish to be financially independent makes me wonder if the intend to pay for their own travel, food etc like any other young family. If so, they have my respect, but if they still rely on a royal purse then it would look like hypocrisy.

Time will tell.

5 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

As far as Harry and Megan are concerned I didn't like having a £2million bill for improving a perfectly reasonable Frogmore Cottage and élite travel to various parts of the world.

Jaysus buddy! Fair play. My boiler might need replacing in a few years time. Could you help mate - would cost a fraction of what you laid out for them two...

30 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I wish someone had mentioned it, that's all. 

I genuinely don't get the anger towards it though. Is it just jealousy? 

If you have ever delved into the politics thread you will find that most of the posters on here don't believe you should be allowed to inherit any of the wealth of your parents, grandparents, etc and that it should all go to the state instead. Its not a view I share, but each to their own. Personally if I ever manage to make any significant amount of money I'd like as many subsequent generations of my family to benefit from it as possible and if they manage to increase said wealth pot so much the better.

46 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Like a council house. So she doesn't own it, she lives in it and would have to leave if she wasn't queen. 

And that makes people angry. 

I think I just lack the energy to get angry about someone living in a big house. 

My main gripe isn’t the costs associated or anything like that. I just don’t like the idea that these people are held up to be better than anyone else, when they’re just as dirty as everyone else, and the only reason they are where they are is probably because some warmonger was good at killing people a few centuries ago.

I genuinely have no idea why people adore them so much. People who say they like the Queen but not Charles simply aren’t royalists.

31 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

I've always been a monarchist and always will be.

The Queen will not live forever and I would love William to be her immediate successor.

Not a fan of old jug ears then and no, I don't mean Gary Lineker.

Probably approaching politics thread territory, but I can't see how someone ban be pro Brexit and "taking back control" "regain our sovereignty" and not oppose the right of Kings to take the throne. If the EU is undemocratic, what does that make the Royal family? 

Take away the money and the fame, which as many of us have discussed on the mental health thread, money and fame means f all, I have alot of sympathy for Prince Harry. The guy has had to deal with his mother dying at a young age, the constant battering from the media regarding his private life and I think he's had many mental health problems which havent been brought to the public eye. From someone who has struggled with mental health, I can tell before he met his wife, he wasn't happy. Regardless of your background, if you aren't happy with your life, you can change it to make yourself feel incredible. I think he's found happiness with his wife and his young son. What more does he need? If he feels he wants to break away from being a senior royal, why not? He's not going to be sitting on the throne anytime soon. He's not abandoning his family, he wants to create his own.

I think the guy wants to promote his charity work further, which by the way I think he's incredibly gifted at (I wonder who he got that caring attitude from). Out of all the Royal family members, he has always been singled out as the "normal" one. It's a shame he'll not be at the front of his family anymore. In the time when you have his clown of an uncle dragging the monarchy into the ground, Harry's presence will be missed. I completely understand his motivations for leaving his royal duties. If he can make the world a better place by living his own life, so be it. I wouldn't fancy having the press chasing me around making my life hell either. Good on yer Harry. 

They have gone up in my estimation. Particularly Meghan.

she seems to have been uncomfortable in the acquired role and wanted to give it up.

that takes tremendous courage and strength of character. The royal family does not seem to be particularly sensitive to those struggles. Walk away. 

good on yer girl. 

hopefully this sends ripples through the whole stupid institution.

i don’t suppose it will make much difference, but maybe, just maybe.

Archived