Harry and Meghan

RamNut

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Over the years, Phillip, Charles and William have all acted in a manner that is far from dignified. 

Ah but if you read my post carefully you will see that I only mention Princess Anne and the Queen as behaving with dignity. I didn't specify what a slimmed down royal family would be but I can't see any problem with William .

On 09/01/2020 at 11:54, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think you misunderstood the first part of my post. My point was on salary, but yours is valid on any extras received in the course of employment.

I’m always going to be biased against the Royal Family though and will support those who want out.

I dont even want them out. I'm totally indifferent to them to be honest. 

But Megan does stink of narcissm and entitlement. If they do infdeed want to give up the responsibilities then they should totally give up any property/money from the Royal purse aswell. 

Seems they're trying to have their cake and eat it. Terrible media or not, the public won't ever accept that. 

15 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Shagger.

13 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

image.png.325a2bbae2b152cdece7180c53f9db62.png

Never heard of any rumours about William. Seems a bit harsh to complain about his behaviour without anything other than weak rumours.

Im not a royal defender btw.

Charles i also have sympathy for,  clearly in a loveless marriage. He should have been allowed to marry camila originally. 

I don't think he was the only one who cheated during the marriage,  infact its not too much of a stretch to believe he has brought up another mans son.

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Never heard of any rumours about William. Seems a bit harsh to complain about his behaviour without anything other than weak rumours.

It came out a few months ago but was kept hush hush. Giles Coren, whilst a bamford, is a fairly reputable journalist who later deleted this tweet.

image.png.4231b926efc71c03ea95fd69ef0c62cf.png

23 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It came out a few months ago but was kept hush hush. Giles Coren, whilst a bamford, is a fairly reputable journalist who later deleted this tweet.

image.png.4231b926efc71c03ea95fd69ef0c62cf.png

When you Google it the sources are websites i have never heard of.

I dunno,  he may have done.  Not sure the evidence is compelling enough though to state as fact that his behaviour was far from dignified. 

Can't believe you have mentioned Charles or William and not Andrew.

There is clearly far more substance to the rumours he has behaved poorly.

Just now, Paul71 said:

When you Google it the sources are websites i have never heard of.

I dunno,  he may have done.  Not sure the evidence is compelling enough though to state as fact that his behaviour was far from dignified. 

Can't believe you have mentioned Charles or William and not Andrew.

There is clearly far more substance to the rumours he has behaved poorly.

Oh I've said my fair share of words on Andrew in previous posts! It's just this post was in response to a poster calling for a 'slimmed down' Royal Family, in which I assumed Andrew would play no part.

Just now, Pastinaak said:

Is that all the evidence we've got?

As weak as it sounds, that's the most substantive. I know you have to be careful with what you hear, but it just seemed that there was far too much smoke at the time (not reported by the mainstream media) for there to be nothing behind it.

Anyway, I don't really care. Alleged infidelity is way, way down the list of problems I have with the existence of a monarchy in the 21st century.

29 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Oh I've said my fair share of words on Andrew in previous posts! It's just this post was in response to a poster calling for a 'slimmed down' Royal Family, in which I assumed Andrew would play no part.

Fair enough i haven't read the thread fully.

Personally i wouldn't be too trusting of someone who posts something then deletes it.

If he knew it to be true and could prove it there is no reason to delete it 

The only reason for deleting it in my view is that he knew he couldn't substantiate it and likely untrue.

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I dont even want them out. I'm totally indifferent to them to be honest. 

But Megan does stink of narcissm and entitlement. If they do infdeed want to give up the responsibilities then they should totally give up any property/money from the Royal purse aswell. 

Seems they're trying to have their cake and eat it. Terrible media or not, the public won't ever accept that. 

Wouldn't that be absolutely essential for anyone who wants to fit in with a royal family ? 

Why does no one ever give the queen the stick she deserves? Her mum was a racist, she married a racist and she is on film doing Nazi salutes. I know she was a kid then, but she has spent a long time hanging around with people with vile views.

She doesn't seem the greatest of mothers as she made Charles marry someone he didn't want to, plus Andrew has ended up to be one of the most grotesque people not be an actual convicted criminal. 

Her behaviour when Diana died was shocking too, eventually submitting to public pressure not to look heartless. I couldn't give a toss about this Harry story, but no doubt she screwed that up too.

Just because she has been around for a long time doesn't mean she deserves any respect. It anyone thinks she is worthy of respect just because she is queen, I hope you afford the ever unpopular Charlie the same regard when he gets to finally s(h)it on the throne.

10 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Why does no one ever give the queen the stick she deserves? Her mum was a racist, she married a racist and she is on film doing Nazi salutes. I know she was a kid then, but she has spent a long time hanging around with people with vile views.

She doesn't seem the greatest of mothers as she made Charles marry someone he didn't want to, plus Andrew has ended up to be one of the most grotesque people not be an actual convicted criminal. 

Her behaviour when Diana died was shocking too, eventually submitting to public pressure not to look heartless. I couldn't give a toss about this Harry story, but no doubt she screwed that up too.

Just because she has been around for a long time doesn't mean she deserves any respect. It anyone thinks she is worthy of respect just because she is queen, I hope you afford the ever unpopular Charlie the same regard when he gets to finally s(h)it on the throne.

Now that is a very one sided view. There are many arguments to support the Queen. Am I the only one on this forum to recognise that Princess Anne is actually an extremely hard working Royal and a credit to her mother. There are countless example of the good the Queen has done.  If you think I am pro Royalty I'm not but I do believe you need to look at the full picture of someone.  Nobody is perfect and I suspect most of us at time have behaved badly. 

15 hours ago, Dappled Ram said:

Not really very interested in Royalty myself and certainly don't buy newspapers to see what they are up to but I've not been able to escape this. From my point of view  certain members of the Royal family court celebrities, going on holidays with people such as Elton John and seem to invite interest from the press by the life they live and the company they keep. Princess Anne on the other hand is the most hard working Royal who behaves with dignity like her mother the Queen.  As regards Megan and Harry they can go but I don't see any reason for the tax payer to fund their security or fork out any more money on housing improvements.  A very much slimmed down Royal family who behave with dignity and work hard has got to be better.

I'm trying to imagine how unmitigatingly awful a holiday with Elton John must be. I don't blame them for wanting to hide on a trailer park after that.

1 hour ago, Dappled Ram said:

Now that is a very one sided view. There are many arguments to support the Queen. Am I the only one on this forum to recognise that Princess Anne is actually an extremely hard working Royal and a credit to her mother. There are countless example of the good the Queen has done.  If you think I am pro Royalty I'm not but I do believe you need to look at the full picture of someone.  Nobody is perfect and I suspect most of us at time have behaved badly. 

I'm not saying she has done nothing good ever. Just that no one gives her the same sort of stick as the other muppets.

Never been a monarchist, never will be, but for the sake of balance, the Royal Household was paid £67 million last year by the UK Government whilst Forbes reports that the British monarchy contributes nearly £1.8 billion to the UK economy annually, including £550 million in tourism. It's also worth pointing out that funding for the Sovereign Grant comes from a percentage of the profits generated by the Crown Estate. 

Having never met either Harry or Meghan, I've no idea as to their characters. What I've heard are nothing more than the mealy-mouthed outpourings of a press corps that sees nothing problematic in the way they go about their business, yet seemingly decries anything and everything H & M do. Their hypocrisy is nothing short of astounding. Quite how prize weapons like Piers Morgan are unable to see the immense irony of a scenario whereby a collective of typically disingenuous scumbags character assassinate a young couple for little more than being born into a certain family, is quite beyond me, as is the frankly hysterical reaction from some members of the public.

On 09/01/2020 at 20:28, Brummie Steve said:

The Queen will not live forever. 

Im hoping she makes 100. Surely got to get a day off for that.

Archived