Harry and Meghan

RamNut

1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

Well it is a form of bullying and god knows the ginger kids at our school were consistently mocked for their hair colour and pale freckly skin

I think it’s wrong and won’t condone any type of body-shaming, but we’re at the point in the woke/anti-woke debate where if someone makes a ginger joke, it’s too tiresome to even bother trying to pull them up on it because you just get “woke-shamed”

For the record my "ginger privilege" joke on this thread was not body-shaming, but  based on the long-standing British urban myth that James Hewitt is Prince Harry’s secret father based on not much more than the fact that they both have ginger hair.

And the fact there is a strong resemblance...hair colour or not...but other than that not much. :)

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jezz. I posted a light hearted reply, so I thought, to @SchtivePesley joke about Harry and his Dad and a few people kick off. Sorry if my post caused any misunderstanding on ginger privilege.

As a long standing member of the ginger community, I've suffered most of the "banter" about my appearance. Though it did lead to an interesting encounter many years ago with a young lady, who wouldn't believe that my hair colour went further than what was on my head. Which turned out to be a fun evening.

2 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Jezz. I posted a light hearted reply, so I thought, to @SchtivePesley joke about Harry and his Dad and a few people kick off. Sorry if my post caused any misunderstanding on ginger privilege.

As a long standing member of the ginger community, I've suffered most of the "banter" about my appearance. Though it did lead to an interesting encounter many years ago with a young lady, who wouldn't believe that my hair colour went further than what was on my head. Which turned out to be a fun evening.

Go back to your own country.

As a former strawberry blonder myself - currently a greyey blonder - I'm always reminded of one of my favourote Catherine Tate lines about Gingers..:

(can't find a youtube clip, so here's the bit of script)

I don't know if there are any other ginger people out there today, are there? Hmm? Hmm, do you know any ginger people? Yes, you do, but they're not here, are they? Because they've got no friends.

They're all at home gnawing on a turnip.

I know there's a few liberal people out there going, "no, no, no, no", "let the ginger babies be born, "just don't let them grow up and live next door to me. "We don't want them bringing down our house prices," "cluttering up our nice tree-lined streets with their empty bottles of sunblock".

Archived