Beliek 

Huddlestone 

Shinnie 

Sibley 

Lawrence 

Evans

Bird 

etc

is Midfield the most balance and full of depth position we now have? We seem to have 2 good players for each role. Rooney makes it significantly stronger but if one gets injured I don’t feel like it would weaken us too much especially on today’s performance. 

Transfers should be CBs wingers and strikers. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think with Rooneys addition it’s now maybe the one position where we’re properly promotion quality. Still early days with the new look midfield, but it’s looking far far more positive than a couple of months ago in that area. So far Rooney looks to still be the best player in the division, and players like Bird are showing real early promise. Hopefully they keep it up, and then backed up by the likes of Huddlestone, Shinnie and Sibley, we’ll have a proper quality midfield, with good depth too.

Definitely not on the transfer agenda for me now. Think GK, CBs and a Winger are the priorities for me

hudds

holmes                                 knight

Rooney

Marriott   Martin

Beilick

Bird                                Shinnie    

Sibley

sell Lawrence and use Evans for back up utility

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Think with Rooneys addition it’s now maybe the one position where we’re properly promotion quality. Still early days with the new look midfield, but it’s looking far far more positive than a couple of months ago in that area. So far Rooney looks to still be the best player in the division, and players like Bird are showing real early promise. Hopefully they keep it up, and then backed up by the likes of Huddlestone, Shinnie and Sibley, we’ll have a proper quality midfield, with good depth too.

Definitely not on the transfer agenda for me now. Think GK, CBs and a Winger are the priorities for me

Who are you and what have you done with @Millenniumram?

Knight, bird and sibley are like three new signings.

i'm still hoping to see (bird), knight and sibley together

rooney playing deeper seems to work. (He'll do until we can get hughesy back ?)

we still lack wingers but in the meantime.......

Roos

bogle.   Davies.   Clarke.    Lowe

.            Bird.       Rooney

holmes.       Knight.     Sibley 

Marriott

DM - Bielik, Huddlestone, Bird, Evans, Thorne. 
CM - Rooney, Holmes, Shinnie, Knight, Sibley

Plenty of depth there, although we may see Holmes and Knight feature on the wings from time to time so slightly light in the more advanced midfield positions. I also doubt we’ll see much of Thorne or Evans, but that won’t have much impact.

After the departure of Johnson, Mount and Wilson I was worried about the balance and battling qualities of our midfield.

Fast forward a few months and with the youngsters stepping up and the inclusion of Rooney then we looked well stocked with a good blend of talent.

Midfield is no longer the urgent position to solve this window.

Bird, Knight and Sibley higher up the pecking order than Huddlestone and Shinnie for me.  

Huddlestone, Shinnie, Evans and Lawrence leaving between now and the end of this summer transfer window. I would contemplate offering Huds a player/coach contract with a considerably reduced wage for a year. The squad we are developing is very versatile. Means in the future we won't have to have such a massive squad and countless players earning too much for nothing much. 

9 hours ago, MickD said:

Lawrence is a liability.  Will not stay in position and can't tackle without fouling but doesn't seem to understand that. 

1.1 tackles and 0.7 interceptions vs 1.7 fouls per game

Looking at a few wingers at random...
Benrahma - 0.7, 0.2 and 0.7
Diangana - 1.1, 0.4 and 0.6
Sean Maguire - 1.4, 0.3 and 1
Routledge - 0.8, 0.3, 1.1

3 top 6 wingers and another in the top half, and none of them directly contribute more defensively than Lawrence

Archived