The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Have you listened to anything he's said over the years?

No, I had never heard of him until 3 years ago and guessing that many, who now claim to be experts on him, had not either.

As an adviser, he has not really been the public face of government, hence why I am interested in how people have formed their opinion of him and his work?

4 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

If it's so great for the country and is not solely aimed at making it easier for London to hoover up even more resources, why can't they build the midlands and northern bits first? Then, if it proves a success, build the rest from Birmingham down to London.

Wash your mouth out. #londonfirst 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

No, I had never heard of him until 3 years ago and guessing that many, who now claim to be experts on him, had not either.

As an adviser, he has not really been the public face of government, hence why I am interested in how people have formed their opinion of him and his work?

Three years is it. So how long should it take before deciding that someone's a bamford. Especially after listening to some of their public speeches and hearing of some of their very public spats with numerous MPs.

2 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Three years is it. So how long should it take before deciding that someone's a bamford. Especially after listening to some of their public speeches and hearing of some of their very public spats with numerous MPs.

I've genuinely never seen any of his public speeches. Do you have any examples for me to research?

I remember seeing him making some comment to one MP once but have not seen about numerous public spats.

Have any of these stories against an important Leave figure been from the Remain biased BBC by any chance?

Just in case anyone wants anymore evidence of BBC being biased:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51463632

A bank set up after Brexit had already been voted for blame Brexit for having to close down and the BBC actually report it. You couldn't make it up.

FWIW my financial situation is the best it has been in years, I wonder if I put it down to Brexit if the BBC would report on it?

3 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

More like the left blaming everyone except themselves. 
The right is called Them Right’ for a reason, it’s always right. 

That reply has no relevance to my post.

I showed an example of someone on the Right (not saying you do this) dreaming up a completely fictitious scenario and seeming to get wound up by it. You see similar on social media, with news organisation deliberately creating incendiary headlines featuring one absolute loony, and in the comments you'll see hundreds of middle-age blokes ranting about how it's a sign of how 'the snowflakes have taken over', that 'this country has gone to pot', etc. 

It wasn't a comment on the deeper issues that the two sides have, as your post appeared to indicate, but merely an observation of something that happens all the time.

5 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

If it's so great for the country and is not solely aimed at making it easier for London to hoover up even more resources, why can't they build the midlands and northern bits first? Then, if it proves a success, build the rest from Birmingham down to London.

Seeing as it was the midlands and the north that gave Boris his landslide victory, and only London really where Corbyn won a few seats you would maybe think Boris would consider your proposal

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I showed an example of someone on the Right (not saying you do this) dreaming up a completely fictitious scenario and seeming to get wound up by it. You see similar on social media, with news organisation deliberately creating incendiary headlines featuring one absolute loony, and in the comments you'll see hundreds of middle-age blokes ranting about how it's a sign of how 'the snowflakes have taken over', that 'this country has gone to pot', etc. 

It wasn't a comment on the deeper issues that the two sides have, as your post appeared to indicate, but merely an observation of something that happens all the time.

Dont use social media much, how do you know its middle aged blokes ranting?

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Dont use social media much, how do you know its middle aged blokes ranting?

Because their name and profile picture appears next to the comment. 

Anyway, once you've seen a few of those sensationalist stories, you don't even need to bother checking what the comments are going to be like.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Because their name and profile picture appears next to the comment. 

Anyway, once you've seen a few of those sensationalist stories, you don't even need to bother checking what the comments are going to be like.

You should be very careful saying that you can tell something about a person just from how they look. @SchtivePesleywill be all over your post if he sees it I'm sure.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I've genuinely never seen any of his public speeches. Do you have any examples for me to research?

I remember seeing him making some comment to one MP once but have not seen about numerous public spats.

Have any of these stories against an important Leave figure been from the Remain biased BBC by any chance?

Have you tried doing any research yourself? Or is it normally done for you?

To give you start to any research, Look up the question about Cummins that Dominic Grieves MP asked in Parliament.

14 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

And the left don’t dream up completely fictitious things. 
Speaking as a middle aged bloke, you snowflakes are taking over. 

Archived