The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

You sure? 

You’re a bit late on that reply, someone’s beat you to it....yes I am, on the scale and density of people gathering today ( *caveat....imo, and that’s never wrong ??‍♂️)

Another 'where do I put this?' moment...

“We should always evaluate the risks and benefits of efforts to control the virus, In this moment the public health risks of not protesting to demand an end to systemic racism greatly exceed the harms of the virus.”

Jennifer Nuzzo, Johns Hopkins epidemiologist.

2 hours ago, TramRam said:

Yes, Those remainers refused to accept the Referendum Result, If they and when I say they, The ordinary citizen, High profile film stars, Singer song writers, Celebs, Politicians and a plethara of others, If you hadn't have made such a song and dance about it, Theresa May and her cohorts would have got a deal that would/could have pacified all, They/We might not have been happy about the end product but a deal could have been struck, BJ may not be our PM, A Tory Party with a majority of 80 may not be making the Laws of the land now...so yes you reap what you sow

I respect your viewpoint, But dont get respect and agree mixed up, I've been against the EU way before the term Brexit was concieved, I'm not a little Englander, Altho I love this Country, The EU saw us as a cash cow, They wouldn't listen to our concerns, They thought they had us by the goolies, They slapped us down when we complained and told us to accept their membership rules.

Remainers prolonged the agony of Brexit

What a load of of bull! IMO

3 minutes ago, TramRam said:

You have an opportunity on this board to Dissect my post.

Money was never a reasonable reason to vote to leave the EU. Now we've left we've had to invest billions to replace what the EU provided as part of membership and the new red tape that now has to be dealt with. Export declarations to move goods within our own country for heaven's sake. 

51 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

You’re a bit late on that reply, someone’s beat you to it....yes I am, on the scale and density of people gathering today ( *caveat....imo, and that’s never wrong ??‍♂️)

Yeah, soz mate. The posts that followed yours came... well, after yours! ?‍♂️

I guess for all the protesters gathering all over the world right now, systemic racism and inequality is of greater negative impact than Covid, whether we understand and acknowledge it or not. There are allegedly a quarter of a million gathering for tonight's march in DC alone.

This thing ain't gonna melt away, it seems. Indeed it appears the more folk decry BLM and the more folk try to ignore it, the more it merely serves to ignite the movement. Only a fool would assume that the significance of Covid has been overlooked by those protesting. This fact weakens their argument in my mind, but clearly not in the minds of those actually protesting.

It now seems clear that too many people have now simply had enough and that watching a cop spend 9 minuted killing a man was the catalyst to all we are seeing now. As it is, we'll all be forced to live with the aftermath of that killing in much the same way many have been forced to live their entire lives under a blight of racism and inequality. That is to say, not by choice. The irony of this will be quite a chilling thought for some.

46 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Not wishing to jump back in but I stumbled across this which I thought was good

EZxVC8aWsAAhFXu.jpeg

It’s not just the bad apples, part of the problem is in some states it’s almost as easy to get a job in Walmart as get into the state police academy!

6 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I guess for all the protesters gathering all over the world right now, systemic racism and inequality is of greater negative impact than Covid, whether we understand and acknowledge it or not. There are allegedly a quarter of a million gathering for tonight's march in DC alone.

This thing ain't gonna melt away, it seems. Indeed it appears the more folk decry BLM and the more folk try to ignore it, the more it merely serves to ignite the movement. Only a fool would assume that the significance of Covid has been overlooked by those protesting. This fact weakens their argument in my mind, but clearly not in the minds of those actually protesting.

It now seems clear that too many people have now simply had enough and that watching a cop spend 9 minuted killing a man was the catalyst to all we are seeing now. As it is, we'll all be forced to live with the aftermath of that killing in much the same way many have been forced to live their entire lives under a blight of racism and inequality. That is to say, not by choice. The irony of this will be quite a chilling thought for some.

I guess time will tell won’t it? 

16 minutes ago, TramRam said:

I don't want to dissect your post TramRam, I just disagree with it. BREXIT for me is irrelevant now. Just a case of waiting for the no deal confirmation I reckon.

I'm far more interested in what happens now regarding tackling global warming and making the necessary changes so that the probability of future pandemics is reduced.

13 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

It’s not election year by any chance in America?

16 hours ago, TramRam said:

I think tellingly it no longer matters. 

Boris thinks he has the upper hand in negotiation, and you seem to agree. 

I think you are overestimating the strength of the UK hand. 

We will let the negotiation deadline of 30 June 8 pass, without asking for an extension. Then we will see what happens. 

I suspect the EU will not be rolling over as you expect. WTO terms will increase costs to the UK consumers, the EU will supply the lost trade that the UK no longer can provide, and the rest of the world will realise we're over a barrel. 

We'll find out not too much longer. I hope you brexit supporters were right. Don't come back complaining about the deal you end up with. You promised that you could get a good deal. I expect nothing less. 

23 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Money was never a reasonable reason to vote to leave the EU. Now we've left we've had to invest billions to replace what the EU provided as part of membership and the new red tape that now has to be dealt with. Export declarations to move goods within our own country for heaven's sake. 

We've had to pay in Billions to get back from the EU to provide as part of membership.

Archived