The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

How about you show something that proves a danger of 5G. If you make a point, it's usually best practice to offer some evidence to back it up. Otherwise, your argument simply ends up being ignored, especially when someone asks for you to back up an extreme view - further compounded by throwing a small insult in there.

I've had a look myself and have so far struggled to find anything that stands up scientifically to prove any danger. Is there any chance you can share a link or two which may help persuade me to change my stance?

There you go ,, I’m not trying to change your stance , I’m not saying I know better ,I’m simply stating that there is a lot of conflicting information out there that gives me cause for concern ,you obviously don’t so fair play

my argument that simply gets ignored in your words above is only an argument in your mind , please ignore as I’m sure there will be someone along soon to go down that road with you on something or other 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Archied said:

There you go ,, I’m not trying to change your stance , I’m not saying I know better ,I’m simply stating that there is a lot of conflicting information out there that gives me cause for concern ,you obviously don’t so fair play

my argument that simply gets ignored in your words above is only an argument in your mind , please ignore as I’m sure there will be someone along soon to go down that road with you on something or other 

Not a dig Archie, But I had a Brother in Law who was convinced the amalgum fillings in his mouth was going to eventually kill him as there's mercury in them he was told, So he went to the dentist and had them all drilled out and filled with a white filling, His last visit on exiting the dentist he was ran over and killed.

4 minutes ago, TramRam said:

Not a dig Archie, But I had a Brother in Law who was convinced the amalgum fillings in his mouth was going to eventually kill him as there's mercury in them he was told, So he went to the dentist and had them all drilled out and filled with a white filling, His last visit on exiting the dentist he was ran over and killed.

Heavy price to pay for a dazzling smile.

17 hours ago, ramit said:

A wicked minded conspiracy theorist might say that Boris's illness was the best thing to happen for the government.

To back up this wild insinuation, the insane conspiracy theorist could point out how in early 2009, 3 of Iceland's top former ministers all fell ill with serious and in two cases likely critical cases of cancer, only to regain full health some months later, when the seething local anger had mostly subsided.

But, that's just nuts, right?

Pfft. Ernest Saunders was fully recovering from Alzheimers way back in the late '80's here in the UK. Far too ill to stand trial for illegally rigging a share sale to net himself a fat wedge, but he was all well again not too long after.......?

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Pfft. Ernest Saunders was fully recovering from Alzheimers way back in the late '80's here in the UK. Far too ill to stand trial for illegally rigging a share sale to net himself a fat wedge, but he was all well again not too long after.......?

Didn’t work for harvey 

30 minutes ago, Archied said:

I'm hoping you can show me something to change my opinion on the subject. I'm baffled as to why you won't play your part in making me aware of the real dangers of 5G.

23 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

All this US Gov stuff v WHO is primarily seems to be diversion of their poor response to the crisis. Election year 'n all, trump doesn't want to lose any votes to the elderly group. 

So do you think the WHO have done well with this virus?

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm hoping you can show me something to change my opinion on the subject. I'm baffled as to why you won't play your part in to make me aware of the real dangers of 5G.

Perhaps because that’s not my intention? Perhaps because I don’t fool myself that I know enough on the subject ?perhaps I’ve just read and heard enough to ask questions ?

are you picking up the difference ,prob not,ho hum 

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

He was setenced to 5 years in prison, After 10 months at Ford Open prison his appeal came up and released, So far he's unwilling to tell the authorities where he got this life enhancing medication from... or was it a huge Fib, The same goes for Abdelbeset Ali Mohmed al Megrahi the Lockerbie Bomber, It was said he had months to live and was released...circa 30months later he died.

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Schoolboy error - don't try and use physical disability, just forget who you are and claim you cannot remember anything

It's a clear case of mental disability, You'd have to be a sandwich short of a picnic to try and fool the Judge and Jury with a Crap Zimmer Frame.

1 minute ago, Archied said:

Perhaps because that’s not my intention? Perhaps because I don’t fool myself that I know enough on the subject ?perhaps I’ve just read and heard enough to ask questions ?

are you picking up the difference ,prob not,ho hum 

Okay... can you share some of the stuff you've been looking at? There's a possibility it will alert myself or others to the dangers of 5G, or someone may be able to debunk a theory and alleviate your concerns.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Okay... can you share some of the stuff you've been looking at? There's a possibility it will alert myself or others to the dangers of 5G, or someone may be able to debunk a theory and alleviate your concerns.

There's clearly evidence out there, I will share it with you...Do Not Stand near a 5G mast that's on fire.

23 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/we-have-no-reason-to-believe-5g-is-safe/

now in the spirit of giving you the benefit of doubt that you are being genuine rather than just being a bit of a ,,,,,,,,ive taken two minutes to google something as I’m not really one to copy and paste or note every page I might happen on when looking round the net in case I have to sit an exam , there appears to be loads out there google it and make your own mind up ,,or not if that’s more your thing,

personally switch off if 5g is claimed to be the cause of or hidden behind corona virus but that headline grabbing claim prompted a bit of looking at the5 g argument 

Hope that’s ok with you ghosty 

48 minutes ago, TramRam said:

You laugh, but clearly there's conflicting information about amalgum fillings. 

14 minutes ago, Archied said:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/we-have-no-reason-to-believe-5g-is-safe/

now in the spirit of giving you the benefit of doubt that you are being genuine rather than just being a bit of a ,,,,,,,,ive taken two minutes to google something as I’m not really one to copy and paste or note every page I might happen on when looking round the net in case I have to sit an exam , there appears to be loads out there google it and make your own mind up ,,or not if that’s more your thing

I'm unable really to see much other than opinion, backed up by unidentified studies by other people. He may be right (I don't believe he is by the way), but that article doesn't tell me anything. 

The emphasis isn't on me to google it and make up my mind if the unsubstantiated claims have merit. You're allowed to believe what you want, of course - but if you expect other people to believe it, the emphasis is on you to show why. 

I'm not suggesting that there is no health impact of mobile phone use. I'm sure there's some. But is it large enough to warrant smashing up masts and blaming viruses on it? No, I don't think it is. And unless someone has something tangible to show me it is, I remain unconvinced.

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

Is there ,, perhaps you could fill us in

Well, there's the opinion of dentists on the one side, and TranRam's brother in law on the other.

The problem with today's overpromotion of information without any grounding is, both get the same exposure. If the amalgam fear takes off and suddenly becomes the target for a current problem (previously it's been autism, now it's coronavirus) then the conspiracy theories begin to grow. People who deny any link are seen as covering something up, and those naturally mistrusting people start to think there must be something in this. 

Science will demand that theories are backed up and peer reviewed. Look at Andrew Wakefield and his MMR claims. Everyone, including me, panicked at his initial findings and MMR was demonised. Once the data is released and peer reviewed, we see he was actually manufacturing an end result that suited him, as he was financially benefitting from it.

It needs peer review, it needs scrutiny (by people far more clever than me) and it needs the scientific community to respond.

Archived