The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

48 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

The difference between an amateur and a professional using technical language is one is technobabble and the other is high-level discussion which non-technical people just don't understand.

If a Doctor talks long words that I don't understand I inherently believe it more than a random Facebook post using equally long words that I don't understand. I trust that the experts are more likely to know what they are talking about than the amateurs.

Don’t use Facebook 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Archied said:

All over the place ,, I’ve read a range of stuff from it’s zero problem all the way up to it’s deadly and as in most cases there’s some sense to be had when you weigh it all up and don’t latch on to any end of the scale as gospel ,, from what I’ve seen my view is there really needs to be far more ( any) investigation/ research into if / how it will affect the health and well being of humans , 

we know for sure lots of things we have rolled out over the years from fuels to Radiation ,electric electro magnetic stuff ect have and do cause cancers and all kinds of health problems to humans and our environment,

What is it about 5G that makes you think it's (potentially) dangerous?

Just now, GboroRam said:

Facebook is not the only purveyor of technobabble. You were able to listen to David Icke for hours on YouTube. 

With the greatest respect you are picking out sources that aren’t the greatest, you can find more qualified sources if you search , not all scientists ,medical and political agree on everything

Just now, Archied said:

What is it that makes you so comfortable it’s not?

The frequency/wavelength it operates at for a start (see pics below) - a frequency of up to 95 GHz. 95 GHz is almost 10^11 s^-1. That puts it in to the 'microwave range', considerably away from the visible light frequency but not quite as far as the frequencies from mobiles phones or a PC monitor. It's not until you're on the other side of the scale (UV, X-rays...) that you reach harmful frequencies.

image.png.6429747f7a9506b39ad078a8cbc93298.png

image.png.22295701b9b14762b856a62555ab5564.png

Your turn.

29 minutes ago, Archied said:

With the greatest respect you are picking out sources that aren’t the greatest, you can find more qualified sources if you search , not all scientists ,medical and political agree on everything

Of course not. But two knowledgeable people discussing technical things beyond my knowledge is one thing. Two amateurs discussing topics none of us know anything about helps nobody. And the internet now allows both people equal platform. Without understanding the credentials of the people discussing it, how do you know they aren't just making shizzle up?

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Of course not. But two knowledgeable people discussing technical things beyond my knowledge is one thing. Two amateurs discussing topics none of us know anything about helps nobody. And the internet now allows both people equal platform. Without understanding the credentials of the people discussing it, how do you know they aren't just making shizzle up?

Might you be referring to @G STAR RAM and @Norman ?

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The frequency/wavelength it operates at for a start (see pics below) - a frequency of up to 95 GHz. 95 GHz is almost 10^11 s^-1. That puts it in to the 'microwave range', considerably away from the visible light frequency but not quite as far as the frequencies from mobiles phones or a PC monitor. It's not until you're on the other side of the scale (UV, X-rays...) that you reach harmful frequencies.

image.png.6429747f7a9506b39ad078a8cbc93298.png

image.png.22295701b9b14762b856a62555ab5564.png

Your turn.

Here’s a real novel concept for you ,, see if you can find anything that contradicts your concrete stance ,unless your just looking for a monty python sketch 

15 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

No point in trying to get better informed on anything then really 

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

No point in trying to get better informed on anything then really 

If you trust every source of information equally, no. Maybe worse than not trying.

Pick your sources carefully. Personally I like Worcestershire.

10 minutes ago, Archied said:

Here’s a real novel concept for you ,, see if you can find anything that contradicts your concrete stance ,unless your just looking for a monty python sketch 

How about you show something that proves a danger of 5G. If you make a point, it's usually best practice to offer some evidence to back it up. Otherwise, your argument simply ends up being ignored, especially when someone asks for you to back up an extreme view - further compounded by throwing a small insult in there.

I've had a look myself and have so far struggled to find anything that stands up scientifically to prove any danger. Is there any chance you can share a link or two which may help persuade me to change my stance?

1 minute ago, alexxxxx said:

All this US Gov stuff v WHO is primarily seems to be diversion of their poor response to the crisis. Election year 'n all, trump doesn't want to lose any votes to the elderly group. 

This elderly group? They could be tempted to vote Democrat.

200.gif

Archived