The Roonolution is Nigh

Steve How Hard?

With no game until Monday and the fan base apparently more divided than ever regarding our manager I think it's about time we cranked up the anticipation of our long awaited new arrival. With not much to shout about this season, no matter where you stand in the numerous Cocu threads this has surely got to get your juices flowing. As others have said previous, I would have thought that his sheer presence would have seen an up turn in performances. For whatever reason that hasn't happened but if seeing him pull on that shirt doesn't raise individual performances at  least 5 or 10 percent then we are in for turbulent second half to the season. Whilst it is a massive burden to lay on his shoulders I remain optimistic that better times are just around the corner especially if we can do some astute business in the transfer window. Ok I admit I'm a poor mans B4 but who's with me in the Roonolution? 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rooney has already had 2 stepdowns since his Man Utd days. To expect him to be our saviour is naive. His sights will be set on 

management not a relegation scrap.  i would love to proved wrong on this but sadly fear Morris is chasing fools gold.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He’ll be the best player in this division. But he’s one man. One man isn’t enough to sort this mess out. He’ll make a big difference, but we need to not make an arse of the transfer window again.

Totally agree, not only do we need to add quality with him but it must be quality that not only complements him but also fits the ethos that we're working towards. Picking names of in form players out of a hat has not served us well in the past. 

I know this might sound daft but just having him on the pitch will be very important, not the game play but the aura. .. think what it’s like in a school match when there’s a class superstar on the pitch. You don’t want to show yourself up do you ? Don’t be the one that looks second rate. 

I predict the minute he’s on the pitch we get sharper individually. The difference between boom and slump is 5% .... I just have a gut feeling, and it’s positive. 

1 minute ago, jono said:

I know this might sound daft but just having him on the pitch will be very important, not the game play but the aura. .. 

Ooh dear.....does he give off a bit of an aura?

Regardless of his form and age.  Teams will have to respect how great a player he has been and if he’s retained any of this he’ll be a good player in this league.  If nothing else, I imagine he will be heavily marked, possibly doubled up on. 

Hopefully this will give other creative players a bit more time and space.  Just need some creative players ?

5 hours ago, DRBee said:

Rooney has already had 2 stepdowns since his Man Utd days. To expect him to be our saviour is naive. His sights will be set on 

management not a relegation scrap.  i would love to proved wrong on this but sadly fear Morris is chasing fools gold.

Even with one leg he'd easily be the best player in our squad by a country mile. He might not save the season alone, but he wont be the only new arrival in January.

Let’s write the script:

1] Derby lose to Charlton and play poorly.

(Forum meltdown #1)

2] Rooney selected only on the bench vs Barnsley.

(Pre-match forum meltdown #2).

3] Rooney comes off bench at half time with Rams 1-0 down.

(Craig Rammage has been talked down from throwing himself off the top of East Stand)

4] Team instantly galvanised with great play, passion and determination. Rooney sets up equaliser.

(TV pundits waxing lyrical)

5] Rooney scores winning goal late in the game.

(TV pundits universally agreeing we are a sure fire for late run from 20th place to playoffs)

(Radio Derby declaring we should name a stand after Rooney)

(Forum deeply devised on topic of sacking Cocu and replacing with Rooney as player manager)

6] New investors and Mel support Cocu with key recruits & injuries improve and January has 100% winning* record.

(Forum deathly quiet)

7] Good form continues with no February crash.

(Forum now discussing who we want to meet in the playoffs).

8] Last playoff place achieved on last day of the season with Rooney hatrick.

(Radio Derby say he is still good enough for England and should be picked for Euros)

9] Playoff final vs Forest at Wembley. Cocu inexplicably puts Rooney on the bench.

(Forum explodes pre match leaving David’s mums living room in tatters)

10] Trailing in dieing minutes with no benefit thus far from Rooneys late introduction Roos comes up for a corner and takes us into extra time with overhead scissor kick volley. 

(Forum fixed by David in double quick time and is in huge argument if Roos is best goalie since Poom or Shilton and deserves a late call up for Holland at Euro’s).

11] Rooney scores winner with diving header a la Keith Houchen for Coventry in FA cup#.

(Forum quiet as David has ripped the cables out to save the living room again).

(Keogh in studio cant talk as he is crying inconsolably)

12] In post match interview, Rooney declares unfinished business at Everton who have just sacked Ancelotti.

(Forum openly discussing how to take a hit contract on that scouse twit).

13] Mac 3 appointment not universally welcomed but in the end qualifys us for Euefa cup at first go.

(Forum discussing if Nigel Clough would have got us into Champions League)

*Except FA cup where Cocu plays under 18’s

#Google it kids, one of my Fav goals.

Archived