The Roonolution is Nigh

Steve How Hard?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Played a big part in both goals. But he didn’t move very much, did he!

Why would you run 40yrds with the ball to then tap it a yard to Wisdom, when you can stay where you are, and just swing a leg to get the ball to land in the same place?  That would just be silly!   

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Why would you run 40yrds with the ball to then tap it a yard to Wisdom, when you can stay where you are, and just swing a leg to get the ball to land in the same place?  That would just be silly!   

That was a great pass.  But I am surprised that he consistently hung way back when he might have tried to get on the end of a cross. Not a criticism, but an observation.

Story McGovern tells about Clough when he was a youngster, Clough says to him: "Get this ball from this cone to that cone as fast as you can".

McGovern: "So, being a winger at the time, I dribbled it as fast I could".

Clough gets the ball and just passes it from one come to the other and said "that's faster".

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

That was a great pass.  But I am surprised that he consistently hung way back when he might have tried to get on the end of a cross. Not a criticism, but an observation.

No, I agree, in all seriousness.  Played considerably deeper than I would have hoped.  My biggest disappointment however, was that nobody won a free kick 20 yards out!  How we missed Martin!   ?

24 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Conserving energy to see the game through.

Played with his brains, not the first time we have seen an ageing pro do that sort of role, totally different position but Paul McGrath springs to mind, he really did have dodgy knees too.

Rooney has got kids around him to run, I expect he’ll do a lot of knitting it together, pointing fingers and only run when he spots a real danger, unless Cocu plays him further forward, as he did when Marriott and Waghorn went off. His free kicks and vision will be his real threat to start with I expect.

Archived