Filip Benkovic

Heisenberg

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We need to line someone else up then, do Leicester plan on buying a new center back? If so have they started the process? Given that we cant answer those questions we need to look elsewhere as an additional option.

Daniele Rugani is the talk over at Leicester, Loan from Juventus.

55 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We need to line someone else up then, do Leicester plan on buying a new center back? If so have they started the process? Given that we cant answer those questions we need to look elsewhere as an additional option.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfer-news-demiral-3723640.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Demiral who is Leicesters main target is now out for the seasom which could delay Benkovics' move even more.

Morgan is due back to training this weel though so hopefully him being back will mean Benkovic can go.

Would fit in to the end of this week like Cocu said, gives Morgan a few days to prove his fitness.

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Demiral who is Leicesters main target is now out for the seasom which could delay Benkovics' move even more.

Morgan is due back to training this weel though so hopefully him being back will mean Benkovic can go.

Would fit in to the end of this week like Cocu said, gives Morgan a few days to prove his fitness.

Wouldn’t Leicester of found out he was injured after Cocu said he was hopeful of a signing? If so Derby might of been told no chance since Cocu said it

9 minutes ago, Topram said:

Wouldn’t Leicester of found out he was injured after Cocu said he was hopeful of a signing? If so Derby might of been told no chance since Cocu said it

Demiral scored & got injured in Juventus' game yesterday so after Cocu's comments.

I wonder if this transfer is indicative of where the club sees itself this season?  It's as puzzling (if not more so) than the links to Billy Sharp.  You would have to think there is a loan fee on top of the lads wages, meaning it represents an investment of between 1m and say 3m (pure speculation but reasonable nonetheless).  That's a chunk out of our transfer budget for next season and you might question whether it may be money better spent on trying to make Matt Clarke a permanent or to bring in another long term target?

Ah you say, but Cocu likes an option to buy.  But a 13m centre back is hell of an investment in the summer if we're still in the Championship.

So is this potential signing an indication of the fact we're still thinking the play offs are possible?  Normally I'd agree they're out of reach but this is a very unusual year with lots of runners and riders consistently taking points off each other.  Could the club be thinking that an injection of experience and quality in three or four positions might be enough to get us into the play off lottery?  If so it also explains the Sharp rumours and could preface a couple more 'acquisitions' aimed at giving us the best chance in the short term.

2 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I wonder if this transfer is indicative of where the club sees itself this season?  It's as puzzling (if not more so) than the links to Billy Sharp.  You would have to think there is a loan fee on top of the lads wages, meaning it represents an investment of between 1m and say 3m (pure speculation but reasonable nonetheless).  That's a chunk out of our transfer budget for next season and you might question whether it may be money better spent on trying to make Matt Clarke a permanent or to bring in another long term target?

Ah you say, but Cocu likes an option to buy.  But a 13m centre back is hell of an investment in the summer if we're still in the Championship.

So is this potential signing an indication of the fact we're still thinking the play offs are possible?  Normally I'd agree they're out of reach but this is a very unusual year with lots of runners and riders consistently taking points off each other.  Could the club be thinking that an injection of experience and quality in three or four positions might be enough to get us into the play off lottery?  If so it also explains the Sharp rumours and could preface a couple more 'acquisitions' aimed at giving us the best chance in the short term.

I would be very disappointed if the club didnt think playoffs arent still achievable if we sign the right players. 8pts isnt much at this level, could gain a lot of that in a 3 game week.

Exactly. Imagine the fallout on here and radio Derby if Morris, cocu or any players came out and said "well we can't get in the playoffs this season, so nowt really to play for"

As long as we are within 5 points with 2 games left there is still a chance, no matter how slim.

23 hours ago, KBB said:

Exactly. Imagine the fallout on here and radio Derby if Morris, cocu or any players came out and said "well we can't get in the playoffs this season, so nowt really to play for"

As long as we are within 5 points with 2 games left there is still a chance, no matter how slim.

No fall out from me. 
8 pts is a lot when we have the 4th worst away record this season. We’ve won away once this season the opening game which is awful and even though we’ve drawn the last 2 away in both we’ve looked lost on what is our actual tactics. I don’t blame coco for recruitment but tactics I do. Regardless though he’s got a free hit for me this season.

Singings wise I’d rather sign Matt Clarke permanently or someone else young permanently to build for next season. Loan signings are short lived and leave us in situations like this season. We don’t have the clout or attractiveness for other clubs to loan their prized gems sadly. 

As a general rule I wouldn't listen to sky too much, the spent all of the last window saying we were going to buy Ake/Dunk/Tarkowski to replace Maguire, they don't have a clue, John Percy is the best journalist when it comes to Leicester transfers, I don't think he's been wrong yet

Archived