Darren wassall

Derby Lad

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Surely Nigel can be persuaded to come back #anotherunfinishedbusiness

But would you leave Burton, a club where he feels he belongs, to come to a toxic atmosphere again that treated him like poo

It's doubtful, but I think we'd all have him back

1 minute ago, bimmerman said:

But would you leave Burton, a club where he feels he belongs, to come to a toxic atmosphere again that treated him like poo

Ahh - i get you, very seasonal. Oh no we wouldn't ...........

Now your turn again

1 minute ago, bimmerman said:

It was a joke in response to @Brummie Steve, but even though Mac showed what could be done with the exact same players I'd still be more than happy to see him back here. I just hope that it won't be necessary because Cocu has got everything sorted!

2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

It was a joke in response to @Brummie Steve, but even though Mac showed what could be done with the exact same players I'd still be more than happy to see him back here. I just hope that it won't be necessary because Cocu has got everything sorted!

Joke? Me! I never jest, nor am I renowned for puns or poetry!

Much!

2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I'd genuinely enjoy mac back until the end of the season

Reckon he'd be great for Bogle, Rooney and martin

Or simmo

Amazingly, you’re not the only person to suggest this. There’s a number of reasons why it wouldn’t be the right move.

First of all, this is not the situation for a fairly unproven manager (at senior level). Cheap he might be, but it’s a real difficult situation to come into. He did well last time, but he had a much better squad. It wouldn’t be fair to throw him into trying to sort this half arsed mess out. We need a manager who can really maximise the quality out of players who really don’t have much of it.

Secondly, he’s doing a brilliant job in the academy. And the role he’s doing there is vital. He’s obviously a top quality under 23 manager. That doesn’t always make a top quality senior manager. So why move him? The role he’s in at the moment is a very important one for a long term future, ensuring the development of top talents. We don’t want to disrupt things at that level by shifting Wassall and getting in someone who’s not as good at that level. 

And thirdly, the Clement squad didn’t seem to respect him judging by the Rotherham events. Now that’s obviously wrong on the players behalf, but do we think the current set of players, who won’t even try for an ex Barcelona midfielder will try for him? I doubt it.

So no, he’s not the man for the job. Not long term anyway. And we’re not far enough through the season for an interim manager Imo.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

@DerbyLad I'm sure the rest of the post is great but just wondering if you can clarify why it looks like Cocu is going to be sacked?

I’m not saying he’ll be sacked just yet but sooner or later he will be because the team looks a complete mess, he’s nothing like he promised to be, but most of all it’s nearly Christmas and we’ve not shown any sign of improvement with this meant to be being a transition year and nor does it look like we will improve later on.

I don't think this post is that silly, Wassall is clearly intelligent and insightful. He wouldn't be my first choice but he's no worse than loads of other people we could end up with and he has done a great job for the U23s

Hoping against hope that it doesn't matter anyway and we keep Cocu- lost our best players, injuries galore, genuinely trying to integrate youngsters and realistically didn't spend that much comparatively... We can hardly expect much 

20 hours ago, Derby Lad said:

Sooner or later it looks like Cocu will be sacked and then we’ll be looking for another manager (yet again). In my opinion Darren Wassall is the best option.

1: he’s the man to male the best use out of the excelling academy we have at our disposal and can really develop these players into future first team players or atleast players that we can later sell on for a lot of money because he’s worked with them for so long and knows them better than anybody

2: Many don’t realise that in recent years he’s had the 2nd best points to game ratio as manager (second to Mcclarren)

3: He’s worked absolute wonders with our youth team and made them one of the best youth teams in the country

4: He won’t cost any money to hire and won’t cost any money if we later decide to sack him

would rather justin walker

2 hours ago, Derby Lad said:

I’m not saying he’ll be sacked just yet but sooner or later he will be because the team looks a complete mess, he’s nothing like he promised to be, but most of all it’s nearly Christmas and we’ve not shown any sign of improvement with this meant to be being a transition year and nor does it look like we will improve later on.

Why, who is he signing in January?

Archived