v Reading (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Basically Malone's an imbecile. 

Yep, but an imbecile with a history of scoring goals and providing assists from full-back when played in an attacking Championship team.

As good a footballer as Lowe is I'm never actually expecting him to put in a killer ball.

I can see why Malone was picked even if I don't agree with the decision.

There's also no guarantee that Lowe would have dealt with the situation presented to us in the first 5 minutes any better than Malone did.

Of course I'd like to think Lowe would have used his brain more, but there was the penalty he gave away early in the season when he slid in uneccessarily giving the WBA player a chance dive, so maybe not.

It's easy to say that the only reason we're losing this is because Malone was picked over Lowe, because Malone ducked up, but it's really not that simple.

5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

So much poor play in the space of 6 or 7 seconds. Give the ball away .... Davies too tight to a forward when we're light on numbers at the back ..... Forsyth rushing in to cover for Davies and in doing so leaves a man free running in behind ..... Forsyth then being a bit to cautious in the challenge and so the Reading player has time to and space to play the pass .... Davies initially dropping back to cover that on-running man (and even pointing him out) but then seemingly changes his mind leaving the space for the pass ..... and finally an out of position Malone charging back and just shoving the Reading forward in the back. It's quite comical really ?

It’s really bad, I’m most disappointed in Davies as you’d expect better from him.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

For that to not be penalty and a goal kick, the ref must have made the judgement that Knight completely miss hit the ball flinging himself into the air due to the power of the miss hit shot.. ?

?

Was there a foul? - "no."

Did the defender win the ball meaning it should be a corner? - "no."

Did Knight dive then and so should be booked? - "no."

Alright, cheers ref, very helpful mate. 

Hopefully see a replay of the Knight 'dive' and....

Looks like it was a dive. The replay isn't great quality but it looks like Knight's "tripped" foot is a little way off Adam's planting foot. 

Archived