Matt Clarke Injury

Day

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Rambalin said:

I have reffed for over ten years  if the official had a better view of both incidents or var had been in use, both would have been straight reds.

The tackle on Clarke was two footed square on and out of control and Lawrence was a lunge and with force due to the speed he was travelling.

It amazes me when I sit at a match how many supporters have no idea about even the basic rules of the game.

Reffed my boys U13 game a couple of weeks ago. 

Basic foul by my lad. I  gave the free kick and then the other fella jumped up and pushed my lad over in retaliation.

Gave him a stern talk and suggested he might be subbed for a while. 

They couldn't understand why I didn't talk to my boy too. I tried to explain the difference between a normal foul and retaliation. 

Deaf ears that one. 

Later on I made a decision and was promptly called a f'in bald bamford.

By a 12 year old FFS

Mind you, he was right.????

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I am waiting for the usual 'loan player who looks to bridge a gap out for the season with shattered knees, elbows and pelvic bone' 

Knowing the DET they’ll put an article up in a bit titled “Key Derby loan player suffers serious injury” - only for the article to actually discuss Ben Hamer suffering from a sore arse from sitting on the bench for so long.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Knowing the DET they’ll put an article up in a bit titled “Key Derby loan player suffers serious injury” - only for the article to actually discuss Ben Hamer suffering from a sore arse from sitting on the bench for so long.

He’s actually got a sore head from scratching it.

On 10/11/2019 at 13:01, CornwallRam said:

Agree about Lawrence, no malice but still a red. In mitigation, he was travelling at speed and had been twice fouled. I think the correct decision would have been a direct free kick to us, but Lawrence getting sent off.

The Yates one was far worse. It was a nasty, thuggish tackle. It looked intentional to me and has probably ended Clarke's season. When you think what getting injured did to George Thorne - turned him from the best player in the league with a probable England future, to a player who will likely drift out of the game when his contract expires, it's hard to believe that Yates didn't even get a yellow.

Totally agree on both counts, Yates jumped in with both feet causing the injury which probably cost us the game. 

Lawrence was late for the tackle because of the 2 fouls leading up to it, but that's no excuse and he should have pulled out of the tackle. As you say free kick to Lawrence but also him being given a red.

Maybe Lawrence wouldn't have been so hot headed if he hadn't just seen his teammate crippled without punishment. 

20 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

More likely to say

'Matt Clarke injury latest "

Then go on to say 'we have no news'

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Said at the time Yates should have gone. 

Never even got booked. 

Two reasons 

1. Early in the game.

2. Clarke didn't roll around like he had been hit by an exocet.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

True. 

Still should have gone as he meant to hurt Clarke 

I don't think he did. 

These things happen, people mistime challenges. 

The Thorne leg break was much worse than either yates or lawrence challenge and although reckless there was no intent.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I don't think he did. 

These things happen, people mistime challenges. 

The Thorne leg break was much worse than either yates or lawrence challenge and although reckless there was no intent.

Didn’t think Lawrence was even a yellow as I thought Ribero divide in when Lawrence was off balance after being fouled as he was running . Kenny Burns makes me sick with his analysis on this in the Post. 

He was the dirtiest player ever  

Yates has form for charging around leaving a foot in 

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Didn’t think Lawrence was even a yellow as I thought Ribero divide in when Lawrence was off balance after being fouled as he was running . Kenny Burns makes me sick with his analysis on this in the Post. 

He was the dirtiest player ever  

Yates has form for charging around leaving a foot in 

We are all biased at times. I work with some forest fans who didn't see an issue with yates challenge,  but thought lawrence should have gone.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Bet they always tell you they won 2 European Cups after they stole our manager 

It is mentioned. In fairness they didnt steal him, Derby drove him out then failed to get him back when he wanted to come back.

Archived