Matt Clarke Injury

David

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You probably won't have heard the dive the F*rest player made late second half, trying for a penno. Just ignored by the ref entirely, as was the handball in their box first half.

Ref was the same clown who missed that stonewall penalty right before Cardiffs goal earlier in the season. He's an absolute muppet, no idea how he's still in the Championship.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Don’t quite get sending off for lawrence, it was a 50/50 ball he was stretching for,after being fouled, and caught the player. He was entitled to go for it and caught the player who got their first. It wasn’t reckless and there was no intent to hurt the player. Nasty yes, but it’s football and it happens. Got booked and you move on.

Studs up into the ankle/lower shin. Those sort of challenges are outlawed because they break bones. The idea is that players know they will be sent off, so don't make those sort of challenges. It was a straight red.

Two footed challenges are also outlawed because they often cause serious injuries. Yates was also a straight red. 

The fact that players might have been going for the ball or got their timing wrong isn't a defence. Professional players are fully aware of this, and those rules are there to protect their careers. They should be making those challenges.  Both are dangerous play and both straight red cards.

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

I get your point but it’s frustrating in a game against your local rivals that you’re having to tune into it’s hugely frustrating to listen to

Completely agree, no doubt about it SKY were creaming over Forest today, and ignored even commenting on a couple of key decisions against Derby, frustrating to listen to at times.

Won’t be good if he’s out long term. He’s rightly had his critics and is far from one of the best footballing centres halves in the division, but his forms recovered in recent weeks and he’s shown himself to be a good defender at the least at this level. He’ll certainly be missed, particulary with the obvious nightmare surrounding losing Keogh and not being able to replace him until January that noone could have predicted. This would further compound our problems in that already hugely problematic position. I’d look to get a free signing in on a contract until the end of the season to help alleviate our problems in the short term if clarke is ruled out for anything like months.

2 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Studs up into the ankle/lower shin. Those sort of challenges are outlawed because they break bones. The idea is that players know they will be sent off, so don't make those sort of challenges. It was a straight red.

Two footed challenges are also outlawed because they often cause serious injuries. Yates was also a straight red. 

The fact that players might have been going for the ball or got their timing wrong isn't a defence. Professional players are fully aware of this, and those rules are there to protect their careers. They should be making those challenges.  Both are dangerous play and both straight red cards.

* shouldn't 

3 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Don’t quite get sending off for lawrence, it was a 50/50 ball he was stretching for,after being fouled, and caught the player. He was entitled to go for it and caught the player who got their first. It wasn’t reckless and there was no intent to hurt the player. Nasty yes, but it’s football and it happens. Got booked and you move on.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

The ref was appalling so it would have been no surprise if he had sent him off. But it was nothing like the foul on Clarke which the ref totally ignored, as did the Sky commo crew. I thought then well okay if he treats all challenges like that the same, bit of course he didn't. 

Come on guys, lose the bias, it was an horrific challenge from Lawrence, as clear a red card as you will see.

Yates was a bad challenge and, even if only a yellow should have been followed by another and a dismissal, was nowhere near as bad as Lawrence's challenge though.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Come on guys, lose the bias, it was an horrific challenge from Lawrence, as clear a red card as you will see.

Yates was a bad challenge and, even if only a yellow should have been followed by another and a dismissal, was nowhere near as bad as Lawrence's challenge though.

Why ignore the two clear fouls on him just before though?

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nope, watched in on replay and Lawrence didn't go through with the challenge and was affected by the two previous poor challenges on him - booking. Probably one of the few things the ref got right.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nope, watched in on replay and Lawrence didn't go through with the challenge and was affected by the two previous poor challenges on him - booking. Probably one of the few things the ref got right.

For me its clear from the reaction at the time that people allow themselves to be influenced in their view of the challenge because of their hatred of lawrence following the drink offence.

It should never have got to that, ref should have blown and free kick to Derby.

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And you think the Yates foul was a red card so therefore worse than the Lawrence challenge. Sorry but that is just clear bias in my book.

14 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

For me its clear from the reaction at the time that people allow themselves to be influenced in their view of the challenge because of their hatred of lawrence following the drink offence.

It should never have got to that, ref should have blown and free kick to Derby.

I dont dislike Lawrence.

He was fouled twice and, fair play to him, didnt go over looking for the free kick.

Does not mean he can then put a leg breaking challenge in and get away with it because the referee has not penalised the 2 challenges. Straight red.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

And you think the Yates foul was a red card so therefore worse than the Lawrence challenge. Sorry but that is just clear bias in my book.

I'm not sure what I put about the Yates challenge, can't remember calling for a red. But for it to not be a booking...the ref set a precedent and didn't follow it. No consistency.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

The ref was appalling so it would have been no surprise if he had sent him off. But it was nothing like the foul on Clarke which the ref totally ignored, as did the Sky commo crew. I thought then well okay if he treats all challenges like that the same, bit of course he didn't. 

The Sky commentators were dismal on occasions. What game were they watching at times? Danny H should know better but some of his comments left me wondering if there was something in the meat pies. At least, Chris Powell and Marlon Harewood were on the mark. 

Archived