Matt Clarke Injury

Day

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what we get for only having two recognised centre-backs all of last season and neither of them getting injured. We rode our luck, and now the universe is balancing itself.

Get ready for a 5/10 Bielik at CB until January, rather than an 8/10 at DM.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

This is what we get for only having two recognised centre-backs all of last season and neither of them getting injured. We rode our luck, and now the universe is balancing itself.

Get ready for a 5/10 Bielik at CB until January, rather than an 8/10 at DM.

I hope George Evans moves to the centre back position.

On 09/11/2019 at 19:21, G STAR RAM said:

Come on guys, lose the bias, it was an horrific challenge from Lawrence, as clear a red card as you will see.

Yates was a bad challenge and, even if only a yellow should have been followed by another and a dismissal, was nowhere near as bad as Lawrence's challenge though.

I am sorry to disagree here but here is my take on it

the first one was a two footed challenge - outlawed in the game and punishable by a red card. He also deserved a booking for kicking the ball at Lawrence on the ground later. I do not think he got anything (could be wrong there though)

To me Lawrence's was also a straight sending off under normal circumstances - but under the laws of the game I feel the ref was playing advantage (maybe twice) as it is not an advantage to get your player sent off he should have gone back to the foul just before Lawrence's challenge (the second foul). Failing that a free kick to Forest would suffice as there were mitigating circumstances due to the fact that he was trying keep his balance after they twice tried to scythe him down.

In all honesty the ref should really have given Derby a free kick after the second one because it was obviously apparent at that moment there was no way we were going to get an advantage as the ball was getting away from him. 

13 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

I am sorry to disagree here but here is my take on it

the first one was a two footed challenge - outlawed in the game and punishable by a red card. He also deserved a booking for kicking the ball at Lawrence on the ground later. I do not think he got anything (could be wrong there though)

To me Lawrence's was also a straight sending off under normal circumstances - but under the laws of the game I feel the ref was playing advantage (maybe twice) as it is not an advantage to get your player sent off he should have gone back to the foul just before Lawrence's challenge (the second foul). Failing that a free kick to Forest would suffice as there were mitigating circumstances due to the fact that he was trying keep his balance after they twice tried to scythe him down.

In all honesty the ref should really have given Derby a free kick after the second one because it was obviously apparent at that moment there was no way we were going to get an advantage as the ball was getting away from him. 

Yates was not really off the floor and was pretty much in control of his challenge, was only really slow motion that made his challenge look bad. Was a yellow in my opinion but should have followed with another.

Re Lawrence, what went before his challenge is irrelevant, it was a reckless leg breaker of a challenge. If the referee has decided action needed taking (which he did by giving him a yellow) he had no option other than to send him off, there is nothing in the rules regarding mitigating circumstances. 

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Re Lawrence, what went before his challenge is irrelevant, it was a reckless leg breaker of a challenge. If the referee has decided action needed taking (which he did by giving him a yellow) he had no option other than to send him off, there is nothing in the rules regarding mitigating circumstances. 

"Lawrence, what went before his challenge is irrelevant,"

- I still disagree with this bit - the ref should have given a free kick to Derby end of the matter.

"If the referee has decided action needed taking (which he did by giving him a yellow) he had no option other than to send him off, there is nothing in the rules regarding mitigating circumstances. "

- This bit however I do agree with but as he got everything else wrong at least by getting that bit wrong he was consistently wrong and therefore right imho ?

3 hours ago, Silver said:

Hopefully Wisdom to centre back. He could be a revaluation.  He was thought as a centre back by Liverpool before he came to us the first time and then won the league in Austria playing there before he came back to us.  

Mel's good at those. Before we know it we'll be selling him to the stadium company for £60m......?

I would go for:

Ross

Wisdom - Bogle needs a brake - too many errors in defense and Wisdom need a chance.

Davies - last season for him - he's not at his best anymore. Hunt should get a chance instead - get him in. Wisdom could also play center of defence, which suits him better than right wingbacks.

His has proven that before he came to Derby.

Clarke - if injured Evans or Forsyth.

Lowe - is getting there.

Bielik - we need him in midfield to create something special. Shinnie isn't good enough. 

Dowell - did well in the U 23 yesterday. And a lot better than Holmes who loses to many balls and isn't a threat on goal.

Sibley - should get the chance. 

Lawrence as a 10 - will be even better if he continue to play in the middle behind the 2 in front.

Waghorn - we need him back now starting. Just need more time together with - 

Marriott - should start every game - but be played in much more by playing as the U  18 and the U 23. Fast passing on the ground together with fewer long high balls.

28 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He seems to need a proper run of games to get back to form at left back, let alone centre back.

Yep, I agree,hence 'if' he's ready.

However he has had a run of 3x 90 minute appearances and been imperious defensively in each one, easily looking above U23 level.

I don't think he needs a run of games to find form any more than Wisdom does tbh, and in one of Wisdoms appearances at the same level he was culpable for one, if not both of the goals conceded (the one game we lost Vs Wolves) due to his issues in the air.

1 hour ago, twinthe_12 said:

I would go for:

Ross

Wisdom - Bogle needs a brake - too many errors in defense and Wisdom need a chance.

Davies - last season for him - he's not at his best anymore. Hunt should get a chance instead - get him in. Wisdom could also play center of defence, which suits him better than right wingbacks.

His has proven that before he came to Derby.

Clarke - if injured Evans or Forsyth.

Lowe - is getting there.

Bielik - we need him in midfield to create something special. Shinnie isn't good enough. 

Dowell - did well in the U 23 yesterday. And a lot better than Holmes who loses to many balls and isn't a threat on goal.

Sibley - should get the chance. 

Lawrence as a 10 - will be even better if he continue to play in the middle behind the 2 in front.

Waghorn - we need him back now starting. Just need more time together with - 

Marriott - should start every game - but be played in much more by playing as the U  18 and the U 23. Fast passing on the ground together with fewer long high balls.

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Curtains said:

We want Bielik in midfield though .

We do ... I just have a feeling cocu will end up putting him the back four 

not so much a question aimed at u / questioning what u said more just a think out loud 

I think I’d be sorely tempted to try evans first, he’s given a good account of himself there albeit briefly, in terms of pace davies and keogh worked well under rowett, speed wise I don’t think there’s much between keogh and Evans but obviously keogh was v v good at reading the game which gave him a yard ... which is also how davies gets through despite his lack of pace ... who knows maybe Evans reads the game well too in which case speed whilst not becoming irrelevant just becomes less of a problem ... Paul McGrath has two dodgy knees couldn’t train but played at the highest level Cos of his amazing ability to read the game 

who knows maybe Evans is a reincarnation of the great Irishman lol 

Archived