RamsTV Meets Sir Jake Buxton

David

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby/Burton fans will also enjoy the little bit at the end where Buxton agreed to join Derby. 

You have to love the guy, honest about who he is as a footballer and it’s one of the reasons so many enjoyed having him around, all heart and desire.

Part 2 available yet? I’m ready!

3 hours ago, David said:

Derby/Burton fans will also enjoy the little bit at the end where Buxton agreed to join Derby. 

You have to love the guy, honest about who he is as a footballer and it’s one of the reasons so many enjoyed having him around, all heart and desire.

Part 2 available yet? I’m ready!

Yes, he was surprisingly open and honest.

And as for his story on how he joined... that was 100% tapping up and 100% banned. 

4 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Yes, he was surprisingly open and honest.

And as for his story on how he joined... that was 100% tapping up and 100% banned. 

Are you insinuating Nigel hasn’t asked permission to speak to Jake, or he’d not just only signed for Burton for one season?

10 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Enjoyed this. 

Includes an explanation of the carrier bag photo for anyone who's interested.

DDg8O0-XoAEKxcD?format=jpg&name=small

You just have to love Jake Buxton. Interviewed in the stand at Burton, in his kit, with a grass stain on his knee. Really looking forward to part 2. Also, you have to admire Nigel Clough's scouting policy; he only ever is interested in players with the right character and Jake is the personification of that. I have been fortunate to have met Jake on several occasions and always walked away with a smile on my face because he is nothing but extremely likeable. If I was a manager, I would want him in my dressing room without a moment's hesitation. Top bloke and a proper footballer. 

Days like these when you despise Fifa, Uefa, FA and most of the fancy, diving players... the you have Sir Jake who is not only awesome player, but also a person who is bringing the faith back to the football. That's lot to ask but it couldn't be carried with broader shoulders. And I'm not talking about physical size.

I'm in tears now. Make it a serie, not just two episodes.

Jake Buxton.

I have watched some of the best players England has ever produced, Kevin Hector, Roy McFarland, Colin Todd, David Nish, Charlie George, Peter Shilton, Mark Wright.

I've seen Derby County win the League twice .

I've seen unbelievably talented players like Ravenelli, Stimac, Asanovic, Kinkladze and Sammon pull on the famous black and white for Derby but never, ever, have I seen such a decent, ordinary bloke play with such courage, pride and commitment as Jake.

His winning goals against the gumps and the dirties will live long in the memory.

I love Jake Buxton.

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Jake Buxton.

I have watched some of the best players England has ever produced, Kevin Hector, Roy McFarland, Colin Todd, David Nish, Charlie George, Peter Shilton, Mark Wright.

I've seen Derby County win the League twice .

I've seen unbelievably talented players like Ravenelli, Stimac, Asanovic, Kinkladze and Sammon pull on the famous black and white for Derby but never, ever, have I seen such a decent, ordinary bloke play with such courage, pride and commitment as Jake.

His winning goals against the gumps and the dirties will live long in the memory.

I love Jake Buxton.

I think the added bonus is that he even had the grace to score the winner v The Gumps in slow motion!  (Or Freeze-Frame in Campy's case!).

Fan-bloody-tastic...

21 hours ago, cannable said:

Thought he was harsh on his ability on the ball. His range of passing’s behind only George for me.

I always remember one night game at home when I think of Jake.

He retrieved the ball from the left back position near the touchline, was being closed down slowly, and hit the most bizarre looking ball high and wide of his position. Wtf?

It landed 3 seconds later perfectly at Keogh's feet 40yds away, with Richard being in acres of space to launch another forwards foray.

Definitely in my top five Bucko moments, alongside the turn at Sheff Weds, the brutal block nowhere near the ball Vs Forest at home, and his sending off away at the Dogs.

8 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

He retrieved the ball from the left back position near the touchline, was being closed down slowly, and hit the most bizarre looking ball high and wide of his position. Wtf?

It landed 3 seconds later perfectly at Keogh's feet 40yds away, with Richard being in acres of space to launch another forwards foray.

If he had done that at Wembley, we would have been promoted.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If he had done that at Wembley then we would have been promoted.

Shush my child, you know not of what you speak.

Questioning the power of Sir Jake of Buxton brings no good, not in my world at least.

16 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Definitely in my top five Bucko moments, alongside the turn at Sheff Weds, the brutal block nowhere near the ball Vs Forest at home, and his sending off away at the Dogs.

First half against Birmingham at home in 13/14, he was just spraying the ball everywhere, right-foot, left-foot

Archived