Lawrence called up to Wales squad

rynny

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Well I hope we've all learned a valuable lesson from all this. Don't drink and drive if you're an international professional footballer or you'll miss one fixture (so you can get over the hangover)

You know he’s at court on the 15th don’t you?

Just now, Van Cone De Head said:

Ahhh,Giggsy just the role model TL needs at the minute.

You can joke, but if Tom had spent last Tuesday night getting off with his brother's wife then he would have been too busy to go drunk driving

4 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

Why am I not surprised that a man who had an affair with his brother’s wife for many many years doesn’t understand the severity of what Lawrence has done. Wales fans are rightly livid at him being picked. 

Wow. You are really on one today aren't you!!!!

Any one else you want to vilify?

6 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

Why am I not surprised that a man who had an affair with his brother’s wife for many many years doesn’t understand the severity of what Lawrence has done. Wales fans are rightly livid at him being picked. 

I just wish everyone in life was as perfect as you in your puritanical world.

1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

Wow. You are really on one today aren't you!!!!

Any one else you want to vilify?

I will vilify anyone who I think is deserving in this situation, this forum is a platform to get my anger out. Should all the Welsh fans be criticised to for saying they never want Lawrence to play again for them?

1 minute ago, Derbyram1 said:

I just wish everyone in life was as perfect as you in your puritanical world.

You don't need to be puritanical or 'perfect' or to never have done anything wrong to recognise that there is something amiss with things carrying on as normal under such circumstances.

32 minutes ago, Josh said:

So maybe the club are waiting for that until they properly punish the players.  You know nothing that’s happening behind the scenes.

^This

The only things we *know* at this point that two people were arrested for drink driving after a car was crashed, injuring a third person.

Those are the only details we *KNOW* at this point.

There's a world of difference between having a pint or two with a meal, driving 4 hours later (thinking the alcohol is out of your system) and being wrong, and drinking until you're unable to walk and then getting in a car.

Yes, both are technically drink driving, but there's no distinction *at this point*.

Personally, I would have waited until the 15th so

1. All the facts (that will become public) are out there

2. It gives the players the leeway to then come out and apologise without it impacting upon the trial

3. Punishments/punitive measures can be taken by the club in context with what the courts say.

*BUT* the club has more information than we do.

Put it this way- if it comes out that Lawrence's blood sample came up 81mg (limit is 80mg), and his lawyer argues that a 1% margin of error is not enough to convict upon, so he's found not guilty- will everyone suddenly backtrack and say "fair enough"? 

Again, I would have waited, but if the club has information they are holding back from us which means that Cocu was given permission to play them, then we've got to accept that.

Personally, thought Lawrence had a decent game (which makes a change, as he's usually brilliant or awful)- gave the ball away a few times, but was also dangerous driving forward (pun intended) and played some very nice link-up play. Had he been slightly more perceptive he could have had a goal (from that Martin knock down inside the 6 yard box)

2 minutes ago, erathirea said:

Personally, thought Lawrence had a decent game (which makes a change, as he's usually brilliant or awful)- gave the ball away a few times, but was also dangerous driving forward (pun intended) and played some very nice link-up play. Had he been slightly more perceptive he could have had a goal (from that Martin knock down inside the 6 yard box)

To save anyone reading the long post above, this is his views on how Lawrence played, so best to ignore the rest. 

42 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Poor by wales as well, calling someone up who’s under criminal investigation. 

There is no investigation. They've already been charged. 

Archived