Never Write A Player Off

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Bielik is struggling to adapt to the pace of the Championship, the ability is there but he just looks like he's getting caught out a lot. Peno today was a ridiculous challenge, the lad had no one in the box to pull it back to. Just waited for Bielik to make the challenge, he needs to be smarter.

Chris Martin in the last 2 games has rubbed so many peoples noses in it and I absolutely love it.

At times if posted on here saying that he could be a good different option to this team you were ridiculed for it, don’t think anybody expects his to be 25 goal a season striker again but the set up for waghorns goal was peak Chris martin. With our slower build up play this season he’s the perfect number 9-teen for it, we just need to get players up to him quickly in support.

Obviously still a lot to work on from yesterday but a good 3 points, we also created a lot of good chances but suspect at the back I personally would not play Bielik at CB he’s a bit too rash for me.

5 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Chris Martin in the last 2 games has rubbed so many peoples noses in it and I absolutely love it.

At times if posted on here saying that he could be a good different option to this team you were ridiculed for it, don’t think anybody expects his to be 25 goal a season striker again but the set up for waghorns goal was peak Chris martin. With our slower build up play this season he’s the perfect number 9-teen for it, we just need to get players up to him quickly in support.

Obviously still a lot to work on from yesterday but a good 3 points, we also created a lot of good chances but suspect at the back I personally would not play Bielik at CB he’s a bit too rash for me.

Agree on bielik. Play Clarke and Davies there. Chris Martin on the other hand, if we can keep creating him chances I see another 15 to 20 goal season. Even my forest supporting mate can’t believe how little we have played him over the last 3 years. Derby have lacked intelligence on (and well off) the pitch in games over recent seasons. Chris Martin is one of the most intelligent players in the championship. Hopefully he’s in the team to stay. 

On 28/09/2019 at 17:21, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

On to Chris Martin. Chris ducking Martin. Coldplay. I confess, I thought he was done. Not physically, but mentally. I’ve seen it with many players, including myself (I used to be pretty decent as a kid but completely lost the skill I once had, mainly due to a loss of confidence on the pitch). Yet, last week and today, he showed that he’s back to fight for his place for good. I’m not saying that he’s going to reach the heights that he once hit, but he’s going about it the right way. Don’t write him off.

He bloody loves Derby - That's all it is - Can't be farted with scoring goals for anyone else - Comes back to Derby and BANG goals...

? 

On a serious note - For everyone on this forum who wrote him off as 'past it' - On Saturday he was strong, held the ball up well, won headers against guys inches taller than him, provided a pivot for the players around him, showed tenacity, fight and passion - Oh and scored one and provided an assist (the latter being the more impressive piece of football) 

Three best players for me on Saturday were Martin, Davies and Paterson - All on their first starts for the club

Special mention for Malone who obviously had a point to prove after being a potential part of the Tuesday nonsense and worked increadibly hard all games (and for me played well), Waggers who had a fairly dire first half and then showed his absolute quality in the second and Marriott who came on and showed the value of pure tenacity

On 29/09/2019 at 08:57, tomsdubs said:

I think Bielik is struggling to adapt to the pace of the Championship, the ability is there but he just looks like he's getting caught out a lot. Peno today was a ridiculous challenge, the lad had no one in the box to pull it back to. Just waited for Bielik to make the challenge, he needs to be smarter.

I think a lot of people expect Bielik to be an instant success because of the money we paid for him. 

His inflated fee is due to his potential not where he is right now. 

He hasn't played for anyone on a regular basis for a while. He is playing with guys who may not be on the same wavelength just yet. 

One week he's centre mid, the next he's centre half. 

Is he making mistakes? Yes. 

Is he a bad player? No. 

On 29/09/2019 at 08:57, tomsdubs said:

It was - But I just don't think he's a CB

25 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

One week he's centre mid, the next he's centre half. 

This is the whole problem for me - He's not a CB

Apparently for Charlton last season he looked okay-ish when at CB and was then great in midfield

Think Clarke has been a little hard done by that Bielik is being chosen ahead of him - But I suspect for this game it was more about getting Holmes and Paterson in (two attacking players)

Oh and the un-droppable Huddlestone of course - Love the guy but Cocu needs to take off the rose-tinted glasses and realise Huddlestone doesn't work in this system

On 29/09/2019 at 09:26, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

YES

? 

I am so so delighted for Chris Martin

I never saw him as the b all and end all of strikers. I still don’t, He has strengths and weaknesses. There are games and teams and styles of play that suit him. 

Analysis and opinions really don’t  matter ..whatever your opinion he is a very good football player and with a serious scoring record for the Rams. 

What fantastic news that he has beaten some nasty health issues, grafted, argued, convinced management and  kept playing his game to the point that he puts on a Rams shirt in the first 11 and gets a mighty cheer from Pride Park and starts scoring. 

That’s all we want isn’t it ? Strikers, our strikers hitting the back of the net. Chrissy Martin .. welcome back ! 

I am still (relatively) new to the forum...at least in regard to posting anything. And hold my hands up- I’ve not thought Chris Martin has done anything to earn a sniff over the last couple years. Enter this season- I was fairly meh about him getting a look in. I am still terribly skeptical of continued form. But I will concede...I am smitten with CM. As a logical supporter of the club, I shouldn’t care about CM, his value as an asset is poor. As a romantic...CM is all there. Damn.  I’ve been bitten by the CM love bug, I now want him to surge. Heavy personal sigh:). Rams above all...but come on Chris!!!!

coyr

On 28/09/2019 at 17:42, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

What did Martin do for the three years before last week?

Never, ever write people off.

Just like people were stupid to write the team off towards the end of last season. Football is crazy. I realise that and I’m only 19. I don’t understand how seasoned veterans haven’t caught on yet.

Martin suffered(still does) from bad form of colitis just shows we can never write any player off without know all the facts

Archived