Birmingham City (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

5 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Martin and Paterson were superb...... Davies led brilliantly, Roos just as much of a match winner today..... and I thought Malone was very good too

Lowe too. 

Holmes was superb until the 55/60th minute where he went off a cliff, I assume due to fatigue.

No-one had a bad game really. Bielik made a couple of noticeable mistakes but between them he had a very solid performance.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh for more players at this club like Curtis Davies.

As well as being a solid defender he's also a truly terrific pro. Articulate, sensible, conscientious. True Captain material, basically.

And he's also 34 and a "young man" with a lot of cash and spare time. But he doesn't need those kind of excuses because he's a professional. Unlike our usual 'leader'.

It wasn’t long ago that Martin was the most creative player in the Championship from open play, it showed today why. 

He’s a unbelievable player in the right system. Match winner today. 

Everyone showed the character required against a really good Championship team. Great win. 

2 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Oh for more players at this club like Curtis Davies.

As well as being a solid defender he's also a truly terrific pro. Articulate, sensible, conscientious. True Captain material, basically.

And he's also 34 and a "young man" with a lot of cash and spare time. But he doesn't need those kind of excuses because he's a professional. Unlike our usual 'leader'.

Davies has always struck me as a grounded individual. One who’s very grateful for the opportunities he’s had. 

1 minute ago, LittleEatonRam said:

He is indeed. "Erm, like you say", he's actually able to articulate himself.

Yeah for all that Keogh offered on the pitch, an interview was never something he was good at. Davies is much more articulate.

Also, noticed him talking a lot to knight and helping him along when he came on. Proper leader 

A draw would of been a fair result but I am relieved to get the 3 points. Davies was excellent at the back, a proper leader and professional. Paterson, Holmes and Martin were also very good. The only concern is Jozefzoon, I think he is better coming off the bench.

Phew! What a game.

great to see davies was captain afterall, and what a terrific example he set. Mel avoided the question on the change of captain, but cocu confirmed that it was due to the events of tuesday night. Well done Phillip!

absolutely delighted for chris martin. A slightly soft shot that embarrassed camp for his goal. He could have had a second, but the real highlight was his pass to set up waghorn for the second. Delighted for him.

great credit to birmingham. Crowley really got them going in the second half, particularly when he came central off the wing. Him and sunjic look good signings. Crowley forced a great save from roos then delivered a superb corner to get them back into it.He launched another attack that ended with a great strike from Sunjic to pull them level. A poor back pass from waghorn led to the penalty. Terrific save from Roos. He seemed to glow with confidence after that. A superb ball from Marriott put Paterson clear, and he took his goal well. Great entertainment.

Good to see bogle back, and he showed some moments of quality. Lots of positives despite the fact that brum could have easily escaped with a point. 

And breathe......not a day to be highlighting any negatives. Just enjoy the win and a much better showing. 

3 hours ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

If there's there's a time for Zoon to go poo or bust and play with shackles off its now. He has  the three/four three poo shields that have bought him some extra time while fans eyes are elsewhere. 

His stock can't get much lower, so I'd gamble massively and try everything in the locker. It'll either work and exorcise his demons and kick on or fail and the status quo will remian the same. Win win. Will he seize it?

Nope. 

Archived