Let's all laugh at Jack Grealish. n/t

IslandExile

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Anyone who doesn’t want him in our team is a jealous little twit. Far better than the Championship and actually loves his clubs to bits. We’d kill to have someone like him.

Aye, true. But football is all about rivalry, part of that is, of course, jealousy.

10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Anyone who doesn’t want him in our team is a jealous little twit. Far better than the Championship and actually loves his clubs to bits. We’d kill to have someone like him.

Yes absolutely. If we had Grealish in our team last season we would more than likely have been playing PL opposition today (or tomorrow)

I don’t think he’s as bad as the media make out. I went to quite a few Notts games back when he was on loan and also to the Notts game away at Villa. It wasn’t much but he came over after the game and gave the fans a clap and appreciation. Like I say it’s not a lot but for a club where he was just on loan he didn’t have to do that and I think shows his character a bit more. He obvs got a few bad headlines when he was younger but if the media followed me around pre age 30 I’d of been lynched by them.

32 minutes ago, europia said:

Yes absolutely. If we had Grealish in our team last season we would more than likely have been playing PL opposition today (or tomorrow)

Well, I'm happy we had Mount but I'd prefer either of them over Dowell based on what we've seen so far.

That said, I'm not being fair to Dowell and should give him more time to settle in. Nevertheless, Sibley and Knight should both keep themselves in Cocu's eyeline.

5 minutes ago, LERam said:

I don’t think he’s as bad as the media make out. I went to quite a few Notts games back when he was on loan and also to the Notts game away at Villa. It wasn’t much but he came over after the game and gave the fans a clap and appreciation. Like I say it’s not a lot but for a club where he was just on loan he didn’t have to do that and I think shows his character a bit more. He obvs got a few bad headlines when he was younger but if the media followed me around pre age 30 I’d of been lynched by them.

I agree with this, I live and work in Brum and know a few people that know Jack/Jack’s family, by all accounts he does so many little things for charity/fans with special needs etc, most of which are off his own back. 

It’s fun to pretend to hate him tho 

7 minutes ago, LERam said:

I agree. @DarkFruitsRam7 was right, I'm only jealous really.... We need a creative midfield player of his type and his bond with Villa fans is great for them.

I was only trying to cheer myself up after the game against Swansea that we should have won and, again jealousy, seeing Villa after all they spent after pipping us to promotion, have golden boy make a mistake.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Any reason this is in the Derby County section? Have I missed something?

Sorry. Should have put it in a general section or not bothered at all. It was only petty.

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Do we have a rivalry with Aston Villa then?

I think I've missed that all these years.

Well play off aside, not really.

I think they sound everyone up with their spending a year or two ago. 

3 minutes ago, Taribo said:

I agree with this, I live and work in Brum and know a few people that know Jack/Jack’s family, by all accounts he does so many little things for charity/fans with special needs etc, most of which are off his own back. 

It’s fun to pretend to hate him tho 

Heck, I feel really bad now ?

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

He’s got a record in the prem to match ours in 2007...

In all fairness, mings always seems the biggest Bamford in villas team, don’t actually mind grealish as much

Yeah! I don't mind Grealish either (wicked player too) but Mings is a massive Bamford and for the way he plays he deserves to get hurt. Him and Luke Varney are two of the dirtiest players I have seen recently

Archived