Florian Jozefzoon

SFox1993

1 minute ago, Kamikaze said:

Did we really pay 3mil for Flojo?

Id bite your hand off to take him off us at 2/2.5mil now

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... he played blinders for us, he must be worth £10 mil by now!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Anya cost us £4m.

To be honest the markets insane right now. Not just inflated prices but inconsistent prices.

Jansson goes from one Championship club to another, after being one of the Championship's best consistently, for £5.5m - Mings goes from one prem club to another, after an above average (but not astonishing) season in the Championship, for £20m.

We sign Vydra for £8m and Anya for £4m - one becomes our top scorer and the other picks up his paycheck cleaning the U23s boots.

Jozefzoon got the equaliser against Norwich, in todays market that seems pretty good value for £3m ? If you get a first team player for under £5m it'll soon start being called a bargain.

I think he has real ability. He just hasn’t shown it in Derby shirt. He had opportunities but there is some fire or confidence missing.

i saw him early on and thought hey  ! he’s Lawrence but faster. Sell but only at the right price or see what he can dowith a different coach 

2 minutes ago, jono said:

I think he has real ability. He just hasn’t shown it in Derby shirt. He had opportunities but there is some fire or confidence missing.

i saw him early on and thought hey  ! he’s Lawrence but faster. Sell but only at the right price or see what he can dowith a different coach 

He'd also come on off the bench, have an average game (similar to most of our players more often than not) then not even be on the bench for 5 games. Tough to actually do anything in those circumstances.

I'd say for the amount of gametime he actually had, he was pretty good for a large % of it. On WhoScored for example, if you counted only the games where he started on the left or right wing, he'd be our 10th highest rated player last season. ? 

26 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

bonkers if this is correct, valued at 1.5 at the time of transfer.  Jeez clubs must love it when we come calling.  Hear we are about to bid 5m for a guy called Anya

SeasonDateLeftJoinedMVFee 

18/19Jul 20, 2018BrentfordDerby1,50 Mill. €3,10 Mill. €

16/17Jan 27, 2017PSV EindhovenBrentford1,00 Mill. €450 Th. €

13/14Jul 1, 2013RKC WaalwijkPSV Eindhoven1,00 Mill. €275 Th. €

12/13Jul 1, 2012AjaxRKC Waalwijk350 Th. €Free Transfer

Thought he was very poor for the majority of last season but most of that was due to what Lampard wanting his wide players to sit very narrowly and almost always cut inside. The games I remember Jozefzoon doing pretty well in, Brighton, Hull and Villa at Wembley, he seemed to be at his best as a traditional winger ie hugging the touchline and whipping a cross in.

I reckon there's definitely more to him than we've seen but if we got a decent bid in for him it would be hard to say no.

Forest are wanting 6m for Ben Osborn who hasnt had a single outstanding season & has 1yr left on his deal, that alone shows how ridiculous the current value of players is.

Just based on that we should be able to recoup the 3m we spent on Jozefzoon or maybe even make a profit on him, we did it with Albentosa! FloJo has more than 1yr left on his deal & we dont have to sell him

Hilarious that so many folk are quite happy to push him out the door at any price. Barely played for us and could have loads of scope to improve but hey, let's flog him for two bob and a conker because we think he's probably poo. Jokes! Hopefully Cocu is a bit more switched on in his transfer dealings than some on here would be. ?

He signed for £2.75m rising to £4m: https://www.football.london/brentford-fc/florian-jozefzoon-brentford-Derby-transfer-14933074

He was highly rated by Brentford, in the last year of his contract and had a number of teams sniffing round. In fact, I believe us signing Jozefzoon actually costs Leeds' chairman to throw his phone out of a car or at a wall or something. I would say the transfer fee is worth it purely for that reaction. 

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Hilarious that so many folk are quite happy to push him out the door at any price. Barely played for us and could have loads of scope to improve but hey, let's flog him for two bob and a conker because we think he's probably poo. Jokes! Hopefully Cocu is a bit more switched on in his transfer dealings than some on here would be. ?

Or we hold on to him, he doesn’t improve and goes for free at the end of the contract.  The Derby way, brilliant.  Let’s hop Cocu is a bit more switched on in his transfer dealings than some on here would be?

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He signed for £2.75m rising to £4m: https://www.football.london/brentford-fc/florian-jozefzoon-brentford-Derby-transfer-14933074

He was highly rated by Brentford, in the last year of his contract and had a number of teams sniffing round. In fact, I believe us signing Jozefzoon actually costs Leeds' chairman to throw his phone out of a car or at a wall or something. I would say the transfer fee is worth it purely for that reaction. 

And we've seen from his time at Brentford he's a more than capable Championship winger. Just didn't seem to fit last season. Which is odd. But Lampard's seeming preference of graft over ability might have something to do with it.

Everyone loses their minds over Nugent being played over Marriott, but I'm not sure Bennett over Jozefzoon wasn't just as strange - as much as I like Bennett as a person.

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

Or we hold on to him, he doesn’t improve and goes for free at the end of the contract.  The Derby way, brilliant.  Let’s hop Cocu is a bit more switched on in his transfer dealings than some on here would be?

Where have I said let's hang onto him? Oh yeah, I didn't did I? Still great point well made mate ? Let's flog him for 850k and take a massive FFP hit. Genius!

4 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

I personally think with his pace he offers something different to our other wingers. He didnt do it too often, but he does have the skill & trickery to beat a man and put a decent ball in.

We have other wingers?

None of Lawrence, Waghorn and Holmes are really natural wingers. Bennett is the closest thing we have to a winger and even then I don't think its his best position.

Archived